Manga Bry's (B-Werx) Manga Projects

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by b-tuvs, May 20, 2007.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hello! I don't know where I should post my own manga works because I haven't seen others posting their mangas here. So I made this little thread, I just like to share my stuff to others who might find my hobby interesting. I really enjoy drawing mangas I draw whenever I get the chance, I also have so many ideas, but I'm not sure if they would make good reading materials. I would like to have other people review my works so that I can see if I'm improving or not. I have gone through a lot of training to make my illustrations look the way they are right now, but I still have a lot of improvement to make so that I will be in level with the Pro's. It may sound silly, but one of my dreams is to publish atleast one chapter of my work :shy2: And with this little thread I hope you guys can help me improve!

Here is manga work on progress which I call "Chicksilog", it's a work inspired by a famous RPG (Role Playing Game) I bet most of you guys know what it is :sweat: It's still a few pages long, but I hope you guys can tell me what you think about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you can't see the images you can open the images here -->
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/b_tuvs/manga3/chiksilog-00.jpg
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/b_tuvs/manga3/chiksilog-01.jpg
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/b_tuvs/manga3/chiksilog-02.jpg
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/b_tuvs/manga3/chiksilog-03.jpg
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/b_tuvs/manga3/chiksilog-04.jpg

1 person likes this.
  2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You never cease to amaze me, tuvs. From the moment I first saw your stuff I've been enthralled with your style. Every doujin you crank out does not disappoint in the least. Thanks for continuing to share that talent. ^^

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

These are great. You should share them with more people.

4. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

New Pages of Chiksilog

You got it! :D It was from Ragnarok Online. I haven't played the game actually, but it was so famous that it made a huge impact on my area. :)
    I'm glad you liked the style of my work, I must apologize for the lateness of my reply because I had to finish a few more pages for it. I have managed to finish 5 more pages. this was supposed to be a 15 page story, but I think I'll be extending the page lengths, I'm not so sure yet... But I hope that I will be able to make this a good story.

Here are the pages:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the images don't appear, you can view the pages here:

Page 05
    Page 06
    Page 07
    Page 08
    Page 09

1 person likes this.
  5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

that's quite a pun xD Maldita rofl
    basically spanish for b*tch :p
    could be a nice funny coincidence for me xD

and oh my god.... any comic with a mihoshi deserves my attention

6. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

New Saber Marionette Inspired Doujin Project!!!

Yep, all pun intended haha!! :p This particular work has a very surprising ending planned for it :D I'm sorry for my late update it's been a while because I have been busy with stuff at home, but I have managed to finish one additional page for Chiksilog. Here it is, enjoy!!! ;)

[​IMG]

If the images don't appear, you can view the pages here:

Page 10

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce another work of mine, I call it "Project N". It was inspired by my all time favorite anime Saber Marionette:D

"Oh no not another adaptation of Saber Marionette :rolleyes: "

I just loved the Saber Marionettes so much that I even dream of them!!! The main concept of the story also came from a dream. Until now this manga project is still in my story bin, but recently I was able to make a mini chapter of it and it turned out pretty nice (well, in my opinion at least). Like the SM Girls there is a blue, red and a purple haired girl :p since the SM girls were named after fruits, I based their names on the english alphabet naming L (Elle), M (Em) and the main girl character N (also N). Although there was an earlier prototype that was made and her name was K (Kaye) she acts as Tamazaburo and Baiko fused in one personality, they also have their arch rivals naming Zeta, Alpha, and Beta. Ok enough chatter, here's their preview I hope you guys like it :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the hyperlinks in case the images won't appear:

Page 01
    Page 02
    Page 03
    Page 04
    Page 05
    Page 06

Your feed backs and comments are very welcome, I would like to know what you guys think of my works so that I can improve more. :)

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

My god, I love it! I was having trouble suppressing the giggles on the "robot with a wig" running gag every time it popped up.

Overall, it's incredibly good, and I'm dying to see more! If you never follow up this teaser with the real thing, I will have to hunt you down and force you.

8. Basher

Wow. It always is just so good. Which reminds me how is the other one going? The one called "I have no life"

9. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

I Have No Life

I have been working with multiple mangas and I really enjoy making them, the toning experiments were successful and I'm pretty much satisfied with my improvement.

I have no Life "Suu-Momo" is still on going and now it's already 5 chapters long! :eek: the longest running manga I have made so far, I can't believe it's more that 100 pages now. It's too long to put up here so I have them all in my site B-Werx Manga Project Suu-Momo you can visit the I Have No Life "Suu-Momo" main page here --> click here Please tell me your feed backs!

10. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

My work Then and now!

It's been a while since I las posted anything here :p
    As an amateur manga artist I often compare my drawings to see how much I improved, since the very first time I tried drawing anime style (my, it's been that long :sweat2:) Here is my very first anime style character creation, her name is Apple, as you can see she has lines on her shoulder similar to the ones on the Saber Marionettes, that's because Apple was design to be an extra marionette on my SMJ doujin (that was before I have learned the existence of the real Apple who appeared in the SMJ Ps game Battle Sabers :p)
    Anyway, here is my progress image the Apple before and now! What do you guys think? I think I made quite an improvement with my drawing:)
    [​IMG]

11. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Waaaaaa! :eek: Sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :catgirl:

Congratulations, your technique has improved exponentially! You're now qualified to be a professional mangaka! :D

Congratulations, Harima-kun. Er i mean... B-tuvs :p

12. Basher

Wow you have improved alot. It must feel very good.

13. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Yatta!!!

It took me seven long years before I managed to perfect my technique :dizzy2: I think I'm gonna cry!

14. Basher

Anymore on this story b-tuvs? or others?

15. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

The "Suu-Momo" Project Froze while I was making the reboot story. I was refining it a bit more to make it look a little scarier. Real life stuff got in the way so my work on it virtually stopped.

The "Chiksilog" Project got shelved indefinitely after Geocities closed down.

I was able to make some actual pages for "Riza's Parlor" but it suffered the same fate as the rest of my works

I had plans for the "Girl Project N" plots though, but it was also shelved...
    If I ever get the chance to work with my mangas one more time, I'd continue where I left off.

That reminds me... I accidentally found this in my online image bank

[​IMG]

I remember working on this ages ago, I remember calling it "Saber Girls - Rebirth", I actually made some revisions on the character designs of SMJ. It's been so long I already forgot the entire plot I made for this one.

This is a comic I made when I was in South Korea. I thought of documenting some weird stuff I come across there as seen in the eyes of a girl named Ren-ren. I only managed to make one page though...

[​IMG]

16. Basher

It happens b-tuvs. Everything I worked on has been put on a shelf. Mines writing though. Had 40 pages done in a book but that has been shelved for a while. Will break into it when I have more time. Figuring out my life/schedule right now. Plus what story I want to work on. Have a neat idea for a story based on Mary. Jesus mum.

Anyway. Its good to know whats going on with these work. Being in the dark sucks. I shelved many projects. BUT also put some on the back burner. These pages are great too, by the way.

Whats up with the raw octopus joke? I live in the middle of the USA. We don't have anything fresh fish wise unless its loaded with parasites.

17. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Ahh... The octopus, people actually eat those things live back there in S.K.
    I almost threw up when I discovered I was eating raw ones. I thought they were jelly based foodstuff, but then I noticed one of them actually moved. For somebody who is used in eating cooked food it was a first for me to see my food actually move.

18. Basher

Oh...that would be gross. Sushi is nasty.