Debate bullying and school violence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luvweaver, Aug 8, 2003.

?

What's your solution for school bullying?

1. Having school laws against bullying

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Forgiving (by law) those who get even (just fists, no weapons) at bullies

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Having a special school court on fights and bullying

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. things are OK the way they are

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

It kinnda funny the arsonist only got a week but the boy who just spray painted his innitials got a month.
    I think everyone is a bullie to someone not a big bad wolf bullie but a type of bullie some people might not even now about it.If you were to say in class to a friend that test was so easy I think anyone who got under a C is dumb.That cvould be a type of bullieing of who is smarter there coupld be other ways bullieing is being mean in some way to a person as I see it.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

i think there are varying degrees of bullying as well, but i dont think the lesser degrees are that big of a problem.

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Well yeah I usually remember something. Bullies usually do it in groups (gangs). i.e. they plan to laugh at you at the same time, and stuff like that.

---------------- begin out of topic comment ---------------
    Anyway, yesterday I bought "Bowling for columbine". Man, I was so wrong. I thought that somewhat people in the US were living in la-la-land, and on the other hand, they became so used to violence that they accepted it as normal, without any psychological effects on them.

Boy, I was wrong. Now I see different. But hey, when the whole media is portraying psychopath killers or ghetto runaways... ah nevermind. Just that I'm still shocked. :eek: I won't comment on this in this thread, because it'd be out of topic. Just let me digest it. :dizzy2:

----------------- end of out-of-topic coment. ---------------

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i think that the consiquenses for the bullying are a lilttle to drastic...

anyway, i was kinda "bullied" before. i touched a fire hydrant in fourth grade and after that, everyone started to call me fire hydrant. so stupid. anyway, i told them to stopped but they wouldn't. then one day when we were lining up to go to french class, someone said something that really ticked me off and i couldn't take it anymore. so i turned around and punched him in the stomach. he just fell down and started to cry.

that's all i have to say.

5. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

i used to hang with this bully. he ended up stealing a car, robbing a liquer store, and he had like ten dymes in his pocket when he got pulled over.

6. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i used to be a bully in elementary school. not anymore.... i only used to kinda beat up people...but usually it was because they made fun of me. don't know why though.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sleeper_awake

Sleeper_awake New Member

I was one of the minority that was bullied as a child, but I do not believe that there should be a harsh penalty for those who bully, revenge never suited me. I think that bullying should be dealt with evaluation and aiding. What I mean is that I believe a school should throw in a psychologist or something along those lines to be the man, or woman, in the middle and solve the problem of the bully. A bully doesnt arbitrarily choose a random person and picks on them for no reason at all. They usually have a reason, for instance the kid who used to beat the hell outta me has very abusive parents, but because everyone focused on the act nothing got done. We have to focus more on aiding the bully psychologically in order to solve the problem. Once their need for lashing out is removed they wont bully anymore.

8. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

hmmm...when I was younger i move to a state down south(in middle school I was pretty weak,and white, so It was easy to bully on me, but It was always group bullying by a bunch of black kids, usually older and bigger than me(i was small),it was the kind of bullying were they threw punches at you, they didnt want lunch money(like you see in the cartoons)they just felt like picking on me cause I was white(and black people in that shool talk about whites being racist when it was actually the other way around) well I always got bullied at, by this one gang, in and out of school, but I never got beet up, I was allways able to protect myself and give them all a few good punches before the fights were breaken up.

well any way when I moved back to NY those big strong kids tryed to bully me but, then I started to threaten them more and put more fear into their eyes than they were giving away, that actually works because they stop trying to bully me after their first or second try.

now I'm pretty strong(I dont look it, but I am) and when ever I see some one bully some other kid I stop it even though I make fun of the kid that got bullied on.

so I think that if you got bullied on and you want to get back at them, and it happend in school you should still get in trouble but not as much as the bully. and it happend like that to me some times were i only got detension while the other kid got suspended or in school suspension(and I totaly won those fights)

to luvweaver: what you said in your first post like how teachers try to blink the situation, that isnt right.
    I had a teacher, that I thought, was just ignoring what the kid was doing that one day, (pushing me, punching me) that once when he was going to shove me I just moved out of the way grabed his arm and made him accidentally stab himself with his pencil(he stabed his other hand not that badly, i thought I was in a heap of trouble but the teach just told the other kid "thats what you get for messing around" and I was totally let off

so its hard for me to choose really the second one or the last one,but Im more leinient to the second.
    (but also I think those voting polls are hard to understand)

woOo sorry I wrote to much:eek:

9. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

I found out after working out enough to make it so i could bench 250 pounds the bullies don't even bother(the reason is b/c i could lift most of the bullies over my head and throw them...lol). Well other then that i used to be bullied all the time until i punched a person that really ticked me off in the stomach almost making him puke... i felt a little taller that day. Now-a-days though i would prefer not to hurt someone b/c it is wrong to put somone in pain for the wrong reasons....

10. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

i think bullying is a thing no one really knows how to stop. its rampant