J-Pop buying jpop..

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mordeth, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

what are some good sites to buy jpop from? i am looking for some cds by "see saw", the group who sang the title theme for ".hack//sign", and i can't find it on cdnow.com.. and tbh I don't know where else to look :)

any ideas?

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

3. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

no see saw there :( still, two interesting sites :) thanks for the links

4. Odin

Odin Member

5. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

no see saw :( cool site though

6. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

I often websearch further with a goal of confirming the artist actually has more albums and even better what are the catalog numbers. Places like cdjapan and amazon.co.jp carry most everything in print, though lately less and less stays in print for long. Once you find one bit of info doing something as simple as searching for both the movie name and the artist's name, then trying the catalog number of the japanese soundtrack album you might already own for example can turn up all sorts of things with specific searches like correct spellings, official sites, etc.

well whatever

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos...c-jp&field-author=See-Saw/249-3708101-8831553

7. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

it was long since i bought my last jpop cd...... i remember it was in tis japanese store, and i didnt know which one to chose... so i just went ini mini miny mo....and i got the Penicilin one.... but oh wel it wasnt jpop it was jrok category... oh well.. about the cd site.. i dun know.. ill look some up for ya
    misao

8. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Try E-bay, they have everything. I got all of my Saber Marionette J merchandise over it.

10. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

ebay has all the popular stuff - but firstly you feel like you have no idea if you overpaid and worse it's a major outlet for counterfits from other parts of Asia. Sorry to say it's true too with a lot of anime mail order shops but but at least you feel a little better for them because they just want to bring you stuff you like and it's very very hard to get genuine Japanese CDs at wholesale rates outside Japan. The thing that really upsets me it's just plain bad that some truely creative and independent acts are being pirated and the fact that they hardly have any money and have zero ability to get all the counterfit stuff off the market makes them that much easier to rip off.

I know someone who releases his own music on his own label to make a living and professional pirates in Taiwan are copying his CDs, artwork, booklets etc., calling them "imports" and selling them wherever anime CDs are sold cheap including ebay. Some guy on ebay was even selling an album with him listed as the artist that wasn't even composed by him... it was a counterfit of someone else's anime soundtrack! - I guess what happened was just one of those cut and paste stuff from the web because on a quick search I saw the same miscredited info (unless of course the reverse happened - whomver did the website bought that counterfit CD off Ebay and used the ebay seller's description for their website)

Anyway as to the specific album in question I posted a correct link to the real thing on amazon.co.jp a couple posts before this one- a little hard to use but the shipping with EMS is decent and fast. www.hmv.co.jp has a real english language site but their shipping with fedex is incredibly expensive. www.cdjapan.co.jp is 100% legit and all in english.

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

True, E-bay does have a lot of bootlegged and/or overpriced merchandise, but, if you keep your eyes open and pay attention to what you're looking at and bidding on, you can get high quality stuff for low prices. And yes, they do not always have what you want, but if you keep looking, you will eventually find it.

As an example, if you look up "Saber Marionette," you will usually find about 39 to 50 items, and looking through them, I can guarantee that anything that says "Saber Marionette J Complete TV Series + OVA" or something similar is bootlegged.

But, as I said, it is a place worth checking out, at least as a last resort, because it's very common that they'll have something you want.