Calling all Star Trek fans!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

But I don't like Enterprise.

4. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle of the planets

you know i am vary upset that the anime channel has not yet been added on to my direct tv programming, that total sucks, i still believe that sandy frank did a real stupid thing by pulling the series off of boomearnge, he might have realize that not ever cable networks or dish carries the anime channel, somebody has got to take the blame for this, and how about the brand knew series of the show what happened with that, we need some answers, mark haven't you got an email from SFE what is the deal here.

5. Swallow Jinpei

Swallow Jinpei New Member

Seconded, I think it`s time Trek was laid to rest for a while, it`s been looking increasingly tired of late.

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I bet you're not a fan of The Original Series.

7. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I have long held great affection for Star Trek, but I had been on the point of giving up on Enterprise altogether, just before they started on the 3rd season story arc with the Xindi.

I gave up on at least half of the episodes of season 2 after 10-15 minutes because they were so dull, and a few of the season 1 episodes too. Without the Star Trek franchise backing it, it's hard to see how Enterprise would have made it past 2 seasons. Fact is, without the Star Trek name I wouldn't have watched it for as long as I did. I'm glad I stuck with it for season 3, but I nearly didn't see any of season 3 because I felt the series had been such a let down.

If seasons 1 and 2 hadn't been so overwhelmingly dull, it'd probably have attracted more viewers for season 3 and so would have been continued longer. I'm sad that it's finishing, but maybe they'll learn from it and find a way to make the next Star Trek spinoff good from the start, instead of taking so long to make the series worth watching that half their target audience gets bored and wanders off never to return.

Season 3 of Enterprise I would rate as being the best Star Trek for a long time, better than I remember Voyager ever getting other than a very few scattered episodes over its 7 seasons.

But there's competition out there, other shows doing better sci fi with better characters. Star Trek has to compete now, it can't be as complacent as Enterprise series 1 and 2 were, or huge chunks of Voyager. It's not the late 60s any more. I have no doubt there will be more Star Trek series after this one, but they have to be better. The production crew can't keep relying on people sitting through weeks and weeks of dullness because they're loyal to the "Star Trek" name before they eventually come up with something good, because by then a lot of people will have given up.