Recreation Cars and stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firefox, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Firefox

Firefox Member

Since the newest thread I can find on the subject is like 4 years old, let's start over. We talked briefly in the "I know you guys" thread but let's do it for real here.

What have you driven in the past, what do you drive now, and what would you like to drive in the future, if you could afford it?

I've had quite a few cars since I started driving- as of yesterday I'm on my sixth. I'm not a bad driver and I don't necessarily pick bad cars either. s'just the way it's worked out that I've bought another car every year.

So let's see, in order, with pictures, I have owned the following.

1. 1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Owned from June 2007 to present.
    2. 1986 Ford Taurus LX - Owned from November 2007 to April 2008. Brake failure.
    3. 1991 Eagle Talon TSi - Owned from September 2008 to April 2010. Traded.
    4. 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS - Owned from April 2009 to April 2010. Traded.
    5. 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - Owned from April 2010 to June 2011. Traded.
    6. 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Owned from June 2011 to present.

There ya go, there's my history. Yeah I've done some dumb things. If I'd been smart I'd have kept the '08 Cobalt and never bought the Eagle Talon, or the '10 Cobalt. Ho well~

So right now I've just got my '87 Camaro and my '02 Camaro. Life is good. :)

In the future, I'd like to own a 1969 Camaro, a 2006-2011 Corvette Z06 and a 1956 Cadillac Eldorado, for when I retire. :p

I'm hopin' at least one other person here is as passionate about cars as I am, but let's hear what you all have to say~

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've only started to learn to drive in the last few months so i can only put a single entry onto my list.

Bought myself a 00 Mazda 323 Saloon, which i have been finding a very comfortable drive so far, just a few things that i would like to fix though, but its nothing life threatning to the car (or me).

1 person likes this.
  3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

So in the past... four years ive owned!

1966 Mustang Coupe
    1990 Nissan 240SX
    1994 Mazda RX-7
    1997 Subaru Legacy GT
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1993 Mazda RX-7
    1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton Coupe with Stage 4 WRX 2.0 Swap with APS Turbo
    1998 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, RHD Conversion, STi 2.5 Swap, GT35R Turbo
    1996 Subaru Brighton (again)
    1999 Subaru Impreza Wagon with STi exterior

future car is planned to be a 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R in Wine Red since under the 25 year and older law in the US, in three years, the 89 Skyline will be legal for importation and registration within the US.

4. Firefox

Firefox Member

An import guy, eh? It's not my preference but I guess I can respect that, as long as you don't do that thing where you modify them to look like crap, lol.

You don't do that, right? :p

I go for muscle cars myself. V8 power, rear wheel drive, and absolutely must be made in America. The USA does a lot of dumb things, but they do know how to build great cars~ For me it's the Camaros, the Chevelles, and the GTOs that get me going, lol.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

No, despite being Japanese, im NOT a ricer burner :p

[​IMG] a photo i took for a competition of my RHD STi

[​IMG]

My 94 FD with my 87 FC TII and my brothers Mazdaspeed Protege

I do build American Muscle, my Mustang had a 351 swap in it, although i sold the car without completing the swap.

1 person likes this.
  6. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

At present, I've only ever owned two vehicles: a 1970 Volkswagen Transporter, and a 1971 Volkswagen Beetle.

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I own a Pagani Zonda-R, painted in black, with Köning rims and some nice decals.

But that's only when I turn on my Xbox 360 ;_;

1 person likes this.
  8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I owned a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Dr. The transmission went out. Before that loss both side door handles. That car people loved to hit.

Then a 1995 ford taurus. don't remember what happened with that one...

Now. 2000 ford windstar. Mommy car. People love to hit this one too. Had two accidents not my fault within a month of each other. Back ended. Replaced the bumper and hitch. Month later noticed BOTH corners indented. So my car has one corner free of damage. Uni students are bad drivers.

ALL my vehicles were/are maroon.

Also had a 1977 trailer. Had a vehicle license though can't drive a trailer home...

Cars I want to own are 1967 Chevy Impala black. And something new. Not maroon.

9. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

corolla 1998 and slowy getting tired of the constant wheel alignment problems

10. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hyundai Accent 2007, it's a lease.

When the lease is done next June I'm buying my dad's 2003 Impala and doing a few modification, maybe a new sound system and a roof rack system for my kayak.

I had a chance to buy a 1986 Jeep, but had to turn it down since funds were low at the time.

11. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Them jeeps are built like tanks. We got rear ended by one, on night in Vancouver. The Nissan Altima was barely drivable, with its rear bumper hanging free like a giant wind scoop driving our MPGs down to single digits. The Jeep had a few scratches and a busted headlight. Quite robust, those little off-roaders are.

~W

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

13. Firefox

Firefox Member

Should I mention the time I drove through snow deep enough to trap a Range Rover, in a Cobalt? It was so easy it was like driving on bare pavement~

So I am loving my 2002 Camaro right now. Driving with the T-tops out is fantastic, and she's nuts fast with 325 hp under the hood. Hitting 125 mph has never been easier, and she still had more to go, too. My all time top speed record while driving is 130 mph, in my '87 IROC. I'm hoping to beat that in short order :3

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

my top in my first FD was 168 mph, my record was 201.3 in a highly modified Toyota Supra.