Books Cirque Du Freak

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Sieghardt, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

This has to be the best series I have ever read.

It is about a boy named Darren who one day visits a Freak Show, and finds out one of the performers is a vampire. In order to save his best friend from dying, Darren must become a half-vampire.

I believe this is a 12 book series, and I am currently at book 6, The Vampire Prince.

Full of twists, action, and a bit of humor. Something you should check out.

Author is Darren Shan.

:)

2. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I've read the first and second books but found the third hard to get into. Darren shan came to my old school to talk about his books, so everyone was reading them for a while.

3. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

I am an ultimate Cirque-Du-Freak fan. I've already read all the books, since my friend bought them all from the UK over the Internet. I realy recomend the series, they are great books.

4. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I've always heard about Cirque Du Freak, but haven't ever seen the books. When I visit the bookstore next time, I'll be sure to find them. This is good motivation, this thread.

5. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

That's good to hear, it really is a great series. Buuut, it has a really dark setting later on...Example below. (dont read unless you dont mind spoilers for book 5)

(Spoiler alertz)

In Book 5 after Darren flees from the mountain and encounters Kurda Smahlt(one of Darren's friends) in league with the Vampaneze(evil vampires), he just basically goes into shock, especially when Kurda stabs one of Darrens best friends, Gavner Purl, and kills him. Many characters die in this series, and its usually the good ones. ;.; Gavner.

6. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

I am a great fan of Cirque Du Freak. I have read up to the 7th book. Currently waiting for the eighth. A great book that I would recomend reading. The only thing is that the books are to short, you can finish them within 1 hour.