Celebrations CNN Reports Barak Obama wins the Election

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wertitis, Nov 5, 2008.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

For both Americans and the rest of the world, Barak Obama has just been projected as the winner of the Election- The first Black President of the US. For those of us Americans, hold onto your butts, we're in for some change. Good or bad, this is the direction we're heading. For the rest of the world, well, sit back and watch the show. It's gonna get interesting.

If anything, hopefully the stock market will go back up and get the rest of the world up and running again.

~W

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I wanted him so it sounds good.

All around the world people were cheering. Had that ever happened before when a president from the USA was elected?

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Isn't it Barack Obama? ^_^

This election was especially interesting for this Canuck here, because whoever won it was destined to be saddled with a huge challenging mess of leftovers from the previous presidency. He's either going to succeed magnificently or fail dismally.

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I was thrilled to know that Obama had won the elections. I was cheering for him to win all the time.

My dad says that these elections were historical for US history, if Obama wins, he will be the first African American to rule the US, meanwhile, if McCain had won, there will be the first female vice president.

Anyways, I really have high hopes for Obama and I hope that the US will face better issues and be happy with their new president.

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

That's what we're hoping too. We'll see the fruits of this election about 18 months from now- right around midway through his term.

~W

6. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I had a whole page wrote out about this,
    but i have decided against it.

Good luck to our president and my god. Please do something different and don't get shot. Your vice president is... :3
    Obama has my respect because i'm just one of those patriotic people. Who knows in a few months i may come to BJP and say "I was wrong about the guy. He is doing a great job."

I hope so. :) The best man won apparently and i hope he makes us proud to be Americans again.