Anime Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Another anime I got into. Actually I read about it and it didn't peak my interest to much. I most say I wasn't impressed how they had the anime defined. Seeing as there are only two episodes out maybe I should have given it a better chance.

My real life buddy and I watched an episode together. I got hooked. Probably pay back for getting him into Black Blood Brothers and D. Gray-Man. ;)

Now for the storyline:

On August 10th, 2010, Japan was invaded. And conquered. Japan was taken over by the Britannic Empire. Japan lost its freedom and rights. It is now known as "Area 11" and its citizens are known as "elevens." The Elevens are forced to live and try to survive in Ghettos. A rebellion arises.

Now the Britannic Empire enforces its rule through the use of 'Nightmares'. The nightmares are Mechs. No Elevens are allowed to operate them.

A young boy named Lelouch swears to destroy the Britannia Empire. He obtains the power known as Geass. He uses it to face them seven years later...

[​IMG]

Now if I have kind of gotten your interest enough to check it out or at least look at the picture that I have posted. Your thinking that there is something familiar especially with the girl.

You may be thinking who is she? I swear she looks like someone. Who could she be?

Could it be Chii from Chobits?

Well, CLAMP did the characters for Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion. That is it.

I must say I was amused when they showed a picture of Britannic Empire invading Japan. It was the USA. Actually the whole North America.

If you like Mechs, CLAMP, Awesome fighting scenes, Suspense, Conflict, the Supernatural, and Science Fiction, this is the anime to watch. Even if you like just a few of them. It is a must.

You can get this at animesuki.com

2 episodes subbed thus far.

You can check out Wikipedia for more information.

2. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I have to say, it does sound interesting. I'm curious what this power of his can really do?

3. Basher

In short Mind Control with certain rules.

4. Ailuro

Ailuro New Member

Oh, this actually does sound quite interesting. I'll be sure to check it out.

5. asunder

asunder New Member

6. Ailuro

Ailuro New Member

Asu never ceases to encourage my laziness. Thanks for the links.

7. asunder

asunder New Member

so shouldn't this thread belong in Fansubs rather than in Anime?

[figure that fansubs = currently airing series and Anime = older series/licensed series]

8. Basher

Nothing has been "set"

I guess I put this here to get people interested. Many have yet to check out or post in fansubs T.T

One thing I noticed is that Leloche has wavered many times in what he has done before he thinks that it is right. I believe it is only human. I think it is an added bonus and makes the character more indepth.

I can't help but compare it to Ratio/Light from Death Note. I think that he had only wavered once at the beginning.

I think Leloche has a higher intelligence for that sole reason and even more human.

9. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I'd like to point out that before any CLAMP fans leap upon this in a great frenzy of hormones and excitement that they're only responsible for the character designs and nothing else. [Yes, restating Basher's words]

That aside, it's a Sunrise mecha show with rather Gundam-like robots and politics. In fact, it looks pretty much just like the more recent Gundam series like SEED, only with CLAMP character designs. Regardless, I'm a big fan of Sunrise and the director Goro Taniguchi, despite Gun X Sword, so I'm looking forward to the sub of this hitting immensely.

10. Basher

This series dominates. 25 episodes of greatness.

With a second series yet to come.

It is much more then a simple mecha and political based anime. The characters are fantastic due to Clamps involvement in their creation. Though that is all Clamp did the plot line is still highly riveting. Its more then just simple science fiction and supernatural based. It has a light dusting of psychological aspects. It isn’t a let down series. It has plenty of twists and turns that make the scream coaster at six flags seem like a kiddie ride.

Lelouche isn’t a normal high school aged student not just because he is one of the crown princes. He makes hard core decisions to bring about an even greater climax. Despite a massacre, I mean despite masquerading around as Zero he is able to use the beliefs of the “elevens” in order to destroy Britannia in order to create United States of Japan.

Even the ending makes looking forward to the second series not a let down.

I for one want to explore the manga and dig more into this story.

Bandai picked up the first series. It makes me wonder if they will damage it or not. Here is hoping they keep it in tact.

11. Basher

BUMP

April 6 is the air date for Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. To lazy to find the promo.