College

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by wertitis, Sep 4, 2008.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Music students are pretentious as hell. Wow. Now I know that I'm an angry, ranting ass but come on. Most of my classes involve kids who have a basic grasp of life and how to survive as a human being. Music majors are apparently gods among men. Cultured. Refined. Air headed. They have the liberal agenda down to a 't' and god save you if you strike a chord against their beliefs. They're into music, which in of itself is the farthest thing from a crime, but being such connoisseurs of classic and modern sounds they have an air about them that they appear eager to justify with snobby attitudes with closed minded monologues regarding the most trivial of things.

"No, I don't like Mozart. It's not my thing."

*Begin 30 minute tirade on Mozart and how he shaped the face of classic music to include today's modern bands*

"I still don't like Mozart, and now my ears are bleeding."

Or the ever popular "I don't believe in bigger Government. I don't like the government interfering with private companies and the individual rights of its citizens. Besides, it raises my taxes to fund all these extra programs."

*begin 20 minute schpeal on government and its policies regarding human quality of life (ripped straight off of the 60 second soundbite they heard off of CNN the night before). The pitch to vote for Obama is included free of cost*

These kids are all political, unfortunately their views are garnered from the daily news report and whatever Colbert makes fun of.

"Didn't you know that Obama has Marxist and racist influences. Those were the kinds of people he associated himself with, early on in his life."

This usually leads to some comment about how I must think he's a terrorist as well.

"The guy is not even Muslim, that's complete horse hockey made up by the media. That's got nothing to do with this."

Apparently at that point I'm back peddling. All further conversation is stunted because although their lips are still moving, their ears have stopped working. It's like trying to argue with a stubborn mother. I simply have to groan and walk away.

I don't seem to have this problem with any other of the kids at the college I go to, just the Music Majors. Not even the waaaaay left Sociology Majors- Those kids provide stimulating conversation and have fascinating counterpoints that legitimize their arguments, regardless what it is. They KNOW what they're talking about. Do you know how refreshing that is? Of course I don't believe what they do, but it still makes for wonderful classroom exposure.

By the way, Music majors are also all colorblind. The only statement lime green stripes with bright red shorts make is that your mother failed to teach you the basics of wardrobe management. I've come to believe their entire lives are a malfunction. These are the same guys that drive around in their powder blue Prius' with their nose in the air. At least I can take solace in that my V6 can get up to speed on the freeway onramp without having to use the shoulder as an acceleration zone.

Music Majors Must Die.