Come in, and know me better man!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by That guy!, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well the english version uses an american/canadian cast so yeah we be talkin bout the japanese version...actually the reason that the episodes after the Kyoto arc are fillers is because the TV series was being produced fast than Watsuki-Sensei could write the manga so...being odd about it and not waiting they wrote 33 filler episodes that have NOTHING to do with the manga whatsoever at all....

2. lil angel

lil angel New Member

i thought the manga was a lot better than the show. i love the extra stories!

3. RazorBladeSmile

RazorBladeSmile New Member

Ok i have an important question...are the OVAs that take place ten years after the series end any good?

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

the art is different and the story line had been changed just a bit but its still an awesome addition to Kenshin...

5. vanzict

vanzict New Member

hi! new here...
    may I know what are the RK Specials about???
    thanx!:)

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

depends on what you mean. there are four extra stories (one shots) that Watsuki wrote before writing Rurouni Kenshin although three of them have to do with Kenshin. the last one is called "Meteor Strike" and is set in modern Japan. there are also two stories that take place at the end of the Rurouni Kenshin manga. the first is called "Spring in the Cherry Blossoms" which is just Kenshin, Kaoru, Kenji, Yahiko, Tsubame, Misao, Aoshi, and Megumi having a picnic during the spring and Yahiko finds a letter sent to them from Sano. the second is "Yahiko no Sakabatou" which is a 43 page extra story about Yahiko's adventure at the Kasshin Shintou Ryuu School of Kenjutsu. its lead by a man who learned Kenjutsu at the same time as Kamiya Kojirou. Incidenitlly Yahiko is sent there to teach for a month as the leader of the dojo is gone on a exibition trip. unfortunetly the dojo was captured and the teachers daughter is taken hostage with three of the students by a man named Mutou who once led a contingent of Shishio's men during his Kuni Tori. anyway...ill leave it up to you to find it and read it to see the end ^_^x;;;

7. vanzict

vanzict New Member

oh...I see...
    thanx...!!!!!! :anime: