Comic Book News

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Have you all been reading "Battle of the Planets: Princess"? It's the third in (hopefully) a set of five stories focusing on one member of G-Force. During the comic book's regular 12-issue run, a one-shot for Mark and a one-shot for Jason was released. This, however, has been a six-issue mini-series for Princess. Last week, Issue #5 was released. The only thing I don't like about it is it's in black and white. Let me tell you, there are some frames of Princess in outfits we've never seen before that a screaming to be in color! :D But, it's still great to have "Battle of the Planets" comics coming out.

After "Princess" wraps up in April, a two story arc called "Battle of the Planets: Coup de Gras" will begin in June. This will conclude the story that left us with a cliffhanger at the end of Issue #12. If you read it, you probably still have your jaw on the floor, and if not...go get it! Editor Scott Tucker said us fans are going to be very surprised how the story wraps up.

At this point, there are no plans for anything after July, but if sales are decent, we can hopefully expect at least a Keyop mini-series and a Tiny mini-series.

2. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Why am I getting a bad feeling about this??

<Dons tinfoil hat>

3. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

BTW, Mark, I presume you mean `Coupe de Grace`??

And we all know what `that` means....

Ominous....

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Actually, it is "Coup de Gras"...whatever that means.

5. Meridian

Meridian New Member

coup de grâce - n. (kü-de-'gräs) - a death blow or shot administered to end the suffering of one mortally wounded [French - literally, a “blow of mercy"]

Interesting choice of words, n'est ce pas?

6. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

<Melek Taos emerges from pantry bearing a chicken roasting tin, a box of Paxo and a carving knife...>

"Right Meridian, you pluck them, I cook them."