Comics Comic News..!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by KaMeKaZi, Oct 15, 2002.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

The New trailer for HULK is out.. i think you can find it on the apple site.

I cant wait to see the Hulk beat the tar out of the army..

KaMe

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Vin Diesel as the SILVER SURFER?!

With his latest film, A MAN APART, opening today in theaters, rising action star Vin Diesel has decided to come clean and tell the media what superhero he'd like to play...and it's nobody other than Marvel Comics' SILVER SURFER.

Speaking with the National Post newspaper, Diesel shared his ideas for other genres of movies that he would like to do one day. Among the potentials pet projects are starring in a remake of GUYS AND DOLLS; riding an elephant as the Carthaginian general HANNIBAL; and playing the former herald of Galactus and wielder of the power cosmic, the Silver Surfer.

The Surfer is an intergalactic superhero," Diesel told the Post, who is "one step further than all these regional superheroes." And hey, they've both got smooth heads.

Any bets that Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad is making a call to Vin's agent this morning?

KaME

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

X-MEN 2

I saw the movie on Friday. I thought it was very good.

The Nightcrawler character wasn't as bad as the early pic's led us to believe.

And we are going to see the Re-Birth storyline for sure in the next movie.

I can't wait.

4. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Does no one have news about hellblazer?

aww well i'll do it.

Hellblazer is getting its own movie, it will have Keanu reeves as constantine (bad choice), i don't know who else will be appearing or who else will act.

I don't know the site for it either (damn it i'm useless)

I heard a rumor that they were going to call the movie "Constantine" but i think that's wrong

any one else here have info about this movie? or any fans of hellblazer anyway?

edit - whoops i guess it is called constantine, and rachel weisz is in the movie too.

aaack they've changed JC into some kind of "thing that isnt john constantine" and i dont just mean they've made him american, they've stipped away his cool and his style, B*ST*RDS

1 person likes this.
  5. IceLands

IceLands New Member

(did you people just forget about this thread):confused:

did you guys know that the new punisher movie is out, also spider man 2 is coming out and it has Doc Oc. in it

:something I just want to know:
    do you guys know how much each comic costs for the Maximam Carnage(spider man) series- I heard there very expensive

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ddin't forget, just nothing really happening in comics. everyone and their finally dead aunt knows about spiderman 2. not really many people could care about punisher.

probaly less wanna know nicholas cage is gonna be ghost rider in that movie when it comes out.

though, anyone have links to the new batman movie? the guy playing him in this one is pretty cute XD it's loosing the bright, pop-y feel, and going to the nice and dark gotham feel again. also, no nipples on the suits. thank any god you want, that's possibly the best thing they did in a long time (remove them).

xmen 3 has started filming a while back. they're also going to be doing a Wolverine movie.

there's a bunch of other stuff, but i can't remember it off hand. i also need to pester that guy at work for the movie site again...

maximum carnage series...oh god...i should think they should be far over $5 per book by now...snag a wizard price giude and check. most places go by that or the other big ass book, which i can't remember the name of. though, wizard will give you a very good idea at what you're gonna pay for it. i also believe there are graphic novel reprintings of the series too.

7. IceLands

IceLands New Member

I wasnt looking to buy it, I have it, well me and my friend do, we collected them and had them since I was small,
    I have the first ones the very originals not the remakes and I heard you could sell the whole thing for a pretty hefty price:D, Im not looking to sell it(..yet..)
    I was just curiuose about how much it is worth
    and i dont think it was only $5 per issue;)

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'm pretty positive, that a few years ago, it was. cause there was a huge deal made about it and all. but LIKE I SAID; go buy a comic price guide and all shall be answered...or check against ebay for a good idea too

9. IceLands

IceLands New Member

were can I find one? I went to my useual bookstores and they have nothing

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i used to buy wizard in bookstores and supermarkets all the time. tis a magazine, so hunt in those areas ^^

11. IceLands

IceLands New Member

oh wait I know were one is, in Haley's Comics (havent been there in along wile)

12. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

I see nobodys posted on here in a while

well i havent long joined these boards but love comics so thot this thread needs a new convo.
    Well from what ive read every1 has bound to have seen X-men 2, Hulk and daredevil by now
    oh yeah and btw M duncan was such a **** Kingpin. Not played well to the comics or the animated series's.
    Anyway.
    the new X-men is underway now and is looking to be fantastic, Im getting a look at the script 2nite. if ne1 else wants a look later, i'll send the link in.
    Also Ghostrider is well on its way to being completed now. with Nicholas Cage as Jonny Blaze,
    I can only imagine this is going to be great, mainly because Nicholas Cage is a big Ghostrider fan and is gonna want to play the part as true to the comic as possible.
    As far as Silver Surfers concerned, How good would it be to put Vin diesel in that role? he's perfect for it...
    Fantastic Four is out soon aswell and looks to b pretty good but i have my reservations about the actors used for the parts, although i think that guy from Nip Tuck is gonna make a great Dr Doom.
    Elektra is also pretty much out aswell and looks fantastic, special effects look amazing but, im not a great reader of elektra comics so dont know the story too well and am curious about all the villians i have seen in the trailers.
    Well anyone want to comment on more please do so, its bad to see a thread like this go to waste.
    cheers.