Comics comics vs manga

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bloodberry, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

sigh...so much for mature conversation. lepper, your post will remain unchanged as far as i'm concerned. q-uzi, what the hell are you talking about? so you know japanese, are you suddenly an expert on all culture on earth because of it? i doubt it. manga is the japanese term for comics, but our forums isn't limited to just that. so we clump them all into that. where as western comics( read: NOT ASIAN), including the areas of like, saudi, iran, india and the likes are not included in the asian bracket. but can go either way simply cause they're in the happy area in between.
    second, you've never talked to me before, so don't go calling ppl names like that. it only makes you seem like an idiot. and you spelled your name wrong in your sig.

[my original post involed japanese dynamics using pokemon as an example, which you are free to try and mock me for. but, the site lost it when i submitted it....be glad...tho, it prolly was too long for you to read it anyways]

2. cosmos

cosmos New Member

ok
    Let me start
    (sorry to get away from the subject)
    I AM STILL "A NEWBIE" , if you say i am. I've been here a lot but I just don't post.
    I'm also know as Rinoa in the chat room.

I got a question for Q-uiz. Where in the hell do you get your information from? You don't know us and you still call us fake? You f**k**g tool. I mean come on, this topic was about what you like. Not what your opinion is. Plain and simple, Comic verse Manga, You jack. Also since when are you the expert on this? Don't come here and act stupid. We obviously don't tolerate someone's bad opinion when they don't know what they are talking about.

Nice input there DrunkLeprachaun and Mordeth. I'm always up for more laughs.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I don't think Q-uzi will be coming back.

And if he does, I've got lots and lots of images to taunt him with.

4. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

An example for all n00bs!

Hmm.....well that should show all dont come in here like you know a lot. Tip of the hat to you all...that didn't lose your kool. lol
    And cheers to those that did:D
    $50 says he wont be back:rolleyes:
    so ...but thanks for saying the difference about manga and comics...I really didnt know...so thanks BBerry....i learned some new facts. Now I wont refer to certain mangas as comic books.:)
    Drunks...your my hero along with the rest of you al.

5. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Hmmmm

::looks at burnt body of Q-uzi::

Jolly good show all.

Personally I enjoyed watching the pounding and eating some popcorn.

Don't think he'll be back

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

[​IMG]

Why the hell isnt IMG working?

... I guess it was disabled for this forum, for whatever reason.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

*sigh* I was called a Dragon Ball Z fan...I don't know whether to laugh sadly or be very deeply insulted.

I don't even know what channel Cartoon Network is...

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Actually, you now have a blood vow to slay him, drive his head upon a spike, and hear the lamentations of his women and children (like he'd ever get any) as you drive them before you.

9. FF_Freak_Dobio

FF_Freak_Dobio New Member

Wow, and I thought I had a bad start...Lol, that guy got flamed....:D

10. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

You guys are brutial. He got what he had coming to him.

I think however, he will return---most idiots don't realize when they have been stomped like a grape into wine.

Later.....

11. cosmos

cosmos New Member

That was fun though. I'm sorry to all those I scared. But all of you are really funny. I know he won't be back. I just had to put a word into the argument. I can always think of him for a good laugh. Special salute to DL. Great stuff buddy.

12. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

*Cleans the Mud of BB face that Q-Brain through at Her*

Me God Damn What Da Hell Did I miss In Here!

That Was One of the Funniest Reads Ive had in a while.. And I MISSED IT... CockSuckers! I MISSED IT!

Oh well anyway geting back on track here.. I perfere AMERICAN MADE BOOKS with PICTURES in them.. Oh Comics. yes thats it.. over manga. Why oh i like to read more about super Hereos myself.. But manga is a great change of pace now and then.. I mean i loved the love Hina Volumes and what not.. but I still like reading the none series Thor, or IRON man beat the Tar out of some cool Villian that plans of world conquest!
    Or read About the Hulk Smashing tanks into lil idy bidy bits..

and then there are toons of other comics out there that i pic up now and then..

KaMe

13. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

I really dont follow either...except for 8Bit Theatre...that shizzis just too great.

14. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

heeheehee i know this is really old but its the first time ive seen it and thats just so so funny *coughcough* bravo drunkie you amaze me more each day ^-^ and to stay on topic (kinda) i prefer manga indeed *bows* thanks for your time

15. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Something tells me that we got off subject! neways i like manga more, even though some comics are pretty cool! :anime:

16. Naru

Naru New Member

I love mangas. I never liked comics. (another of Matt's obsession) Maybe its the sibling thing i dunno, everything Matt liked I hated...And DL my gosh that was F***ing hilarious!! I cant stop laughing!

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

and thus, this shows how well the first couple posts of mine were read...sigh...time for this to sit as areminder as to why, clarifing the differences between comics and manga is apparently, a rather stupid idea. not like that was the original point...sigh lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.