Computers Computer problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Basher, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have been having a issue with my computer right now. It keeps locking up after 30 min. I have installed two things. So I had one of my dvd drives uninstalled. It stayed fine for over 2 hours. Then it locked up. It then would lock up not even past the Windows XP page with the running light. So I had one of my drives uninstalled. He ended up doing the wrong one. Easy mistake. So when he tried to run it, it locked up on IDE scan.

He said my comp was running hot. The last time was the processor which I got a new one. Cheaper one. My previous one had a warrenty. But that was MONTHS ago and it has yet to be shipped out. Anyway I am going to start it after sitting for a spell and tell you what happens.

It has locked up. Let me uninstall the DVD drive I just installed to see what happens then. I installed my old one.

Overclocking. Running faster maybe. lol. I could hope. Last time when it overclocked it was my processor.

Things it could be is 1 that dvd burner, power supply, or motherboard.

What do you guys think?

OKAY need to run but I'll let it run for 30 min.

My guys computer just shut off at the same time when I said mine is loading. Not kidding. It said windows has caused a fatal err. I hope its a coincidence. I am glad we have a laptop.

2. Orion

Orion Gears

If you didn't try uninstalling the two programs, I would try that first. Maybe the computer locks up because of the programs. Other than that, it's probably some internal problem.

3. Basher

So far no lock up with removing both. I may have to install my dvd drive to see if it messes up again. But I really don't want too. I hate it when my comp acts up. Maybe because how much money I spent on it. I shall anyway and then report it.

I could have fixed it myself. LOL. I was so close to calling my daddy because the computer guy made me mad. My dads a programer and he used to fix computers.

4. Orion

Orion Gears

I'd rather have someone I trust who has experience look at my computer than some random guy who could tell you anything he wanted to and somehow make you believe it. :p So the computer's still acting up?

5. Basher

No its not. It was the guy who built it. :p He forgot that I had him uninstall the wrong one. I am still taking credit for fixing it though.