Music Concerts...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bloodberry, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Which Ozzfest did you go to? Was it a US one?
    Yeah I'd love to see Soilwork live too. That'd be excellent.

2. Dark Phire

Dark Phire New Member

yeah, ozzfest in teh US, in Camden NJ, it was a hour and a half drive about, so it was pretty good ^_^ and my friend has family down there so we stayed with them the night after, it was great :D

and soilwork is on their European tour...so it's gonna be a while til i see em :(

3. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

hmmmmm..........I gotta check to see if they're playing Ireland. I didn't spot it, but maybe I missed something. I'd better ask around.

ah so you missed Slayer. Tough break. You got POD and Andrew WK instead heheh.

But you did get Down and Meshuggah. damn.
    And freaking ozzy. he didn't play Ireland.
    and Black label society didn't play.

Hey when I think about it. We got shafted.
    eh but Slayer was worth it.

4. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Well big surprise they're not.
    Man Ireland sucks.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

That's not the first time us irish were shafted though. Remember Tattoo the planet? No Pantera and no Sepultura. No Static X either, but that's probably a god thing. I think there are others, but meh brain no work well now.

6. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Yeah we constantly get boned.
    I still thought Ozzfest was great though.

Yeah two of the headliners didn't show up.
    I mean, why else would you go to Tattoo the planet other than to see Pantera and Sepultura.
    There was a heck of a lot of dissapointed people there.

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Well, you could go to see slayer, but I didn't. I cashed in my ticket, I didn't want to sit through cradle of filth and biohazard just to see them, after paying something like £60 for the tickets. But yes, Ozzfest was very good. Therapy? Slayer and Tool were definately the highlights. On the other side of the coin, Lost Prophets(laughing just thinking about how bad they were) and SOAD. But I think a good day was had by most, if not all. Other good concerts I was at were Rollins Band, supported by Eyesclosed which was a really good show, and Therapy? who are damn good live, and it was in the amasador which is one of the best venues in the country.

8. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Yeah Therapy? were great. They really got things going. The first good band to play. Lost Prophets, what the hell was their deal. I saw a load of people wearing their t-shirts and stuff. They completely sucked. Drowning Pool were pretty crap too. The singer was a total Phil Anselmo wannabe. He's died the other day too. The Drown pool dude, not Phil.

Yeah the Ambassador is a cool venue. I saw Fear Factory there last year. Pretty ****ing cool. I was glad I got to seem them before they split.

9. Dark Phire

Dark Phire New Member

yeah, would have loved to see slayer...it is all good though, ozzy made up for it and then some...^_^
    and andrew wk was great comic relief! lol, i can just remember him bouncin round that stage...haha, and did you know, for his CD cover, he smashed his face with a brick, thats real blood

at every show i have been too at a local club, someone keeps yelling "slayer! play some ****ing slayer!!!" lol, they yelled that during the soil show and the bands like "what's your guys ****ing obsession with slayer?"....haha it was good though. I tried to start a slayer chant at the Default show...didnt go so well...damn preps and the preppy attitudes...anywho...yeah, done rant

10. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Smashed his face with a brick eh. Man what a moron. I heard that at some of the shows he did a duet with Kelly Osbourne for recording purposes. Man that would have a perfect opportuninty to chuck a good old bottle of urine at either of those monkeys. heheh.
    Not that I condone throwing urine. It's just hilarious to see it happen.

11. rei

rei New Member

ack. ozzy fest. ucky. seriously. unless you like sweaty jock rock, than you know *mosh* your little brains out. but i just cant get into it.. even when i band i like plays. i mean woo for the tour but im not into alot of newer rock music, and some of the older bands bug me cause theyve changed. so i stick to local shows where its still raw and pulsing and a way of life.. not some field trip in mommys mini van. i dont like cannibal corpse much either, so it kinda gets me down that cattle is touring with them. cattle decapitations metal blade album isnt all good as the rest, and cant compare at all to the sheer glory of a live show.. but id say look into it anyway.

*heart* rei

12. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

yeah there's a lot of crap bands at Ozzfest.
    I can't remember all their names.
    But there are some great ones there too.

Jock rock? what the hell is that?

13. rei

rei New Member

jock rock:: popular mtv played and endursed rock and/or roll that middle class middle american child shollow whole, using it to make their perfect lives seem tarshed and making them all think of themselves as ruthless rebels terrorising their upper middle class neighbor hood by blkasting their anthem full force outta the car bought with daddys white collar cash.
    does that make sense.
    jock rock music of the prepacketed revolution generation..
    god. i hope this makes sense or im gunna look like a big ***..

*heart* rei

14. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

oh that.
    Nu Metal. Same thing.

Yeah, it's pretty much just a fad though. It'll fade out like hair metal and grunge did.

But true metal will live on!

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! VALHALLA!!!

15. rei

rei New Member

sweet merciful crap. cattle decapitation is gunna tour with GWAR!! haha.. how funny.. or not? hell i dunno.. thats rad though i guess. id play to see that.. and bloodlet will also be playing.. theyre doing that tour for like a month then going on with cannibal corpse.. eh, im not a real fan of them.. but oh well.. yay for cattle!! *swoon* hahaha

*heart* rei

16. Dark Phire

Dark Phire New Member

inderstood bout jock rock, makes me remember when i went to see default and injected (<---- they opened)...i was soooo horrible, the place was full of jocks and like injected cept referring to themselves as "metal", i was getting pissed, then he said something like, "lemme see all those devil horns in the air!" (ya know the "metal" hand sign...) and i am just like, **** no i am leaving, went to the parking garage and then lit our tickets on fire, waste of money IMO...the whole purpose of going was to see a nice relaxing show of default, ya know, to just chill, but that failed cuz of ******* jocks and the "metal" band...damn, ramble done...

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you mean mtv plays something that isn't rap or hip hop? like there's a diff between the 2 anymore, but hey, whatever...

18. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Gwar!
    Cool, those guys are crazy.
    Ya gotta love the costumes and the fake names.
    I'd say they'd be great to see live.

19. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Holy flurking shnit Dream Theater are playing Dublin on Oct 18th

****ing *** kicking!!!!!!!!!!