Movies Constantine

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kaiyon, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I just saw the TV Spot for this movie.
    Startting Keanu Reeves, this movie seems to be good. That, or its just the trailer. Anybody know what the deal with this movie is!?

-KaiyonTormentor

2. Black_Princess*

Black_Princess* New Member

Well i searched a little and i found a summary!!! Well i hope it helps :)

Born with a gift he didn't want, the ability to recognize the half-breed angels and demons that walk the earth in human camouflage, Constantine (Keanu Reeves) was driven to take his own life to escape the tormenting clarity of his vision. But he failed. Resuscitated against his will, he found himself cast back into the land of the living. Now, marked as an attempted suicide with a temporary lease on life, he patrols the earthly border between heaven and hell, hoping in vain to earn his way to salvation by waging war on the earthbound minions of evil. But Constantine is no saint. Increasingly disillusioned by the world around him and at odds with the one beyond, he's a hard-drinking, hard-living bitter hero who scorns the very idea of heroism. Constantine will fight to save your soul but he doesn't want your admiration or your thanks – and certainly not your sympathy. All he wants is a way out.
    When a desperate but skeptical police detective (Rachel Weisz as Angela Dodson) enlists his help in solving the mysterious death of her beloved twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldy events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Ooooo, this movie seems to have an interesting plot. I may actually go to the movie theater and watch it. Im all into this stuff.
    Thanks a lot. This helped much. I didn't even feel like doing a google search for this.

-KaiyonTormentor

4. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

i did mention this movie a while ago but it seems once again i was ignored
    fans of the comic series will no doubt be as annoyed as i at the choice of lead (why didnt they get sting....) keanu reeves cant act - his best role to date was ted, and his best movie was one in which he needed not act that much (the matrix)

anyways i know this movie's gonna suck because no one can make a good comic book transfer since burton stopped doing batman films

but i live in hope

1 person likes this.
  5. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I think Keanu preety much acted through the entire trilogy well. And you honestly believe Sting can act!? As for the previous thread you made, sorry, but i didnt see it on the first page. So I supposed since I just heard about the movie, that maybe a recent thread would have been made. Again, my apologies.

I liked the Spiderman movies, as well as the X-Men and The Fantastic Four are coming out too. Some of them were good, but others (Hulk) really sucked.

PS: There's another Batman movie coming out soon.

-KaiyonTormentor

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Sorry but I need my say on this character.

Then I would advise you to wait until the trailer is on TV. So more people know about it.

Sting? Wtf? There is no way sting could be like Rock. He isn't good looking.

You are probably one of those people who think reading a script is acting. First off it is hardier then that. You have to become someone else. And way over half the time that person is made up. Could Keanu have done better? maybe.

Have you seen this movie? I think no one should say a movie sucks until they watch it. It is like saying you hate some type of food that you have yet to try. It just doesn't fly well with me. Have you seen Punisher? Spiderman? both Xmen? I would say Electra but I am unsure of that. Just because Hulk was bad doesn't mean this one will be.

You should live in fear.

Anyway I want to see this movie. It'll have to be after Electra. But with my busy schedule I may not see it until after it is out on DVD.

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

This movie sounds really good.

But seriously, STING? What went through your mind when you typed that? Seriously, he isn't even a good looking actor.

And by the ways, the trailer is on quicktime site, you should find it there.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Someone never saw Dune!

[​IMG]

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Woah! I don't think i needed to see that. Besides, he's still a bad actor.

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Hey I have DUne I should watch it.

11. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

okay okay okay - need to do a little apologising (i guess i did it again huh?)

anyways sting yeah it sounds random but i was trying to get a reaction out of actual fans of the comic - the character constantine is BASED on sting

I'm not really that bothered about my previous post being ignored - it was more of a heads up to the fans more than any real discussion anyway

to be honest my first choice would have been David Duchovney, he might still be american but he could probably pull off johns character.

and questions about the merits and flaws of the laughable matrix trilogy and spiderman and the others that were mentioned belong in thier own threads so i'll make this next bit brief

spiderman - i didnt like it but it wasnt too bad considering it was trying to set up a character who while being a superhero is probably more human than say batman
    spiderman 2 - .......it had good points but i cant remember them through the bad bits

X-men - okay-good
    X2 - better

hulk - havent seen it but i avoid it like the plague

elektra - not too bad but it seemed aimed at 11-14 year olds

not seen too many trailers for F4 so i withhold comment

and so on (i still think that batman and batman returns where the best comic book transferes in the last 20 years)

And yeah batman begins should be cool what with that guy in the lead anyone know who's directing?

Constantine is a british character, so i'm most annoyed that the people making this movie thought that the american public were too patriotic (or idiotic) to accept a hero (or anti-hero, or country) who (or where) isnt an american (or american state)

Again i apologise to anyone i offended in this or ANY previous post but thats my opinion. If there's anything you'd like to question me about regarding this post please PM me rather than quote me on a thread and thus repeat my single post 3-4 times in a page (surely thats got to be considered spamming?)

Also a question: Has anyone here actually read any constantine comics???

if you have then how can you say reeves is a good choice?? If you havent then fair enough.

and more!!!: i already posted this elsewhere but i got blammed for being a fanboy (on an anime forum for chistsake) there's a watchmen movie coming out also a hitchhikers movie (lo and behold with a brit playing the lead !!!)

(btw i'm welsh)

I live in ...........hope (ha sucks to you "live in fear" indeed of what exactly??)

1 person likes this.
  12. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

No need to "apologise"! (sry....I had to do it!)

ok....

David Ducho....Duch...
    Im not gonna try saying that.
    By the way....who's that guy?

Ok

[skip]......[/skip]

Uhmm...Keanu is American. He sounds american. He looks american. And who cares if his character isnt!? I dont see people complaining about James Bond.
    Or better yet....Austin Powers.

[skip].....[/skip]

A bit of them

He looks good enough for the plot and character.....unlike STING!

oh, my "chistake" then! (I just have to keep doing it)

(btw i'm welsh)

I live in ...........hope (ha sucks to you "live in fear" indeed of what exactly??)[/QUOTE]
    [suggestion] read back to Basher's post [/suggestion]

-KaiyonTormentor

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Actually, I always thought Sting was pretty cool. Of course, I haven't seen him much, but still.

Kaiyon, I'm sorry to say this, but I think you're being a bit unnecessarily rude. Remember that other people have valid opinions and that they ARE free to express them.

[EDIT] Judging from just the summary, since that's all I know about this movie, it does sound pretty interesting. I'll consider watching it when it comes out on Pay-per-view.

14. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

congratulations you've repeated my message back to me again - but i see this time you couldnt be bothered to check your post so your tags are screwy

anyway - you people seem to be very hung up on an actor having to be good looking, but i'm afraid a pretty boy doesnt have the face that can pull off john range of horrific expression

David duchovney (i usually leave it pronounced as due-kov-knee) is an american he played agent fox mulder in the X files

James bond is a british character normally played by british actor with the exception of George Lazenby (australian)
    Whoops now i see your point - well the thing is bond is an institution and if you notice in recent years the whole thing has been slowly americanised anyway - as in ridiculus plots involving media monsters and stuff

Austin powers is a charicature (sic?) of Our man flint (and to a lesser extent james bond) and so it doesnt matter that a non-british actor plays him (is mike myers american or canadian?) And besides it is making fun of the british and so there is no point being made there

And also please stop using your [silly] make believe [/silly] tags, they arent clever they just clutter the post up and whats with this .... business if what i said doesnt deserve comment then stop quoting it and yes Sting is the physical character basis for john constantine - this is fact - the original creators have said this themselves.

EDIT: ach i just realised that you guys think i'm boycotting this movie - by no means am against this movie - i just think it wont be able to approach the levels of writing ability and scope of vision offered by the original comics

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Okay, okay, let's not get into any flame wars here. We all know I've had enough of them just watching that thread on the 'anime sucks' forum.

Just calm down a little, and try not to make each other angry, all right?

16. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Indeed, just because you don't like each other's opinions, doesn't mean you have to throw crap at each other. Like mentioned earlier, everyone has a right to their opinion.

Anyways, I watched "South Park goes to Hell" on friday (comedy central), and during the comercials, they showed a few Constantine clips (like 30sec long). They looked preety good, the effect are no doubt awsome, but now that it's saturday (1 day after the movie was release), has anyone watched the movie? And if so, what are your thoughts? Like, is it really as good as the previews make it look?

Remember to keep posts friendly..

-SakataKentaro

1 person likes this.
  17. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Sadly i have to wait untill something like may for the uk release - so you guys will all see it before me (hell if it's anything like hellboy then you'll have the special edition DVD release before i see it in the cinema -_-)

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Hey, if that's so, then at least you'll get an advance tip on it. Like, we could tell you it was utter crap, and you'd know not to waste your money on it, or we could say it was awesome, and you'd know to go see it ASAP, right?

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I saw Constantine today, I didn't think I'd really like it, but I DID!! It was different and very unexpected. I didn't know anything about it before I went in to see it and I really liked that fact, so I could enjoy the movie on it's own merit and not compare it to the comics.

Keanu's character, John Constantine, is really cool. He's very cynical and has an interesting sense of humour.

20. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

shinryu - yeah that'd be a good idea but even if everyone here said it was insanely poo i'd still have to go and see it (thats right i'm as dumb as a mule)

and from what ciel says it seems i may be eating my own words in the next few weeks - i'll wait untill i see it until i do but i'll get a plate ready anyway