Movies Constantine

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kaiyon, Jan 26, 2005.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

We can have a movie like Constantine, but the makers of the Doom movie are too afraid to put demons into their movie 'cause it might offend someone? gaah

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Wow. your review sounds really good, and since i've heard many more people saying that just makes me want to go see it!

Just one thing that was mentioned earlier in the forum:Did Keanu Reeves act good in this movie?

I'm just asking this because he always seems to get really good rolls, yet there's something about his acting that everyone mentions.His acting is just in my opinion, yet, i want to hear (or read) what other people thought about his acting on Constantine.

-SakataKentaro

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Guess Ill take wisdom and go see it ASAP. K!?

-KaiyonTormentor

4. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Christopher Nolan.

He did Momento and Insomnia. I havent seen Insomnia though I have heard good things about it. Momento was outstanding so I have high hopes for his work. Apparently when he got his principal actor together (and excellent cast featuring Christian Bale from Equilibrium and American Psyco and many others) he made them all watch Blade Runner saying "Thats how I want to do Batman Begins"

Heck yeah.

As for the story it is supposadly based of Batman: Long Halloween and Batman: Dark Victory, the two best (and yes they are the best damn it) graphic novels on Batman to date.

Lets just say that when it comes out (June 17 in these here United States) I will be one happy little Batman fanatic.

Or else Christopher Nolan will be forever marked with the sign of evil...i.e. Joel Shummacher.

No I'm not bitter.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I'd call it it "chances" or something like that. Like, if you liked it, then good for you, and if you didn't like it, eh well then now you know.

Me, i'll go for that luck!

-SakataKentaro

6. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

If thats true then there'll be a happy little batman fanatic this side of the lake as well ^_^

And i never read those particular comics so the best ones i've read has to be Dark knight returns (Alan Moore)

You just have to love the fact that the cooler writers refer to robin as the bullet magnet

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ok......I don't think I'm going to go see it...

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I saw it, and while it's not a bad movie, I don't feel any urge to go and get the dvd when it comes out. It's worth a viewing though.

Oh, it did have the wussiest hell I've ever seen though.

9. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Hmm, personally the best hell I've seen in was in What Dreams May Come, most films do make eternal damnation look quite wussy though, I'll admit.

10. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Well i saw it (finally) and apart from a little tediousness from reeves acting and a couple of bad/cheesy lines the movie was pretty cool

I mean hell's pretty difficult to express visually anyway and in the vertigo universe it was always a transient thing (as in during preludes and nocturnes it was a vast empty field filled from top to bottom with demons of every variety (as far as memory serves) and then in another comic it was an emulation of the late 17th century)

At least the script held up to standard hellblazer norm (despite constantines magic being off the mark - it was a little too real while being less real as well - and his character being a lot more whiney)

For the script they used i guess reeves was the best choice but if they had shifted it more towards the actual character and not written their own then i still believe David Duchovney would have been the ideal american version of John

And further point of interest (if anyone still disagrees about reeves being an odd choice) there was a posting on the games section of our "teletext" service (not sure what you call it over there sorry) from a reviewer mentioning john's true history and his origins and making fun of the choice to base this film in LA - he then went on to say that while a game based on the original character may have been interesting that this game is not so good

If anyone has any real info on the game i'd like to know ( lets face it movie tye in games are never good but i'd be nice to see a real review for once)

Goodbye and goodnight i gotta go to work and destroy my pride so i can be the slave/servant to 30ish hotel residents *sigh*

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Agreed. I might even say it's a rental. Keanu wasn't bad in it, either - I haven't read any of the comics, but I got a decent grasp of the character as it was written for the movie.

The game's supposed to suck. Not surprising, given how movie tie-ins usually are: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/constantine/review.html

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Indeed. This might be his best role played yet. That is, since he actually had some dialouge in this movie, unlike his other good roll (Neo-The Matrix Trilogy)

-Seishin

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Hey, Johnny Neumonic was a good movie. :p

14. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Do you mean his acting? Because i said Matrix, because it's my personal best in my opinion. Maybe other people saw it the other way. But i have to admit, Neumonic was preety good eh?

-Seishin

15. phatso

phatso New Member

id say keanu's acting was much more better in costantine than matrix... too bad the movie wasnt GREAT it was good. i think keanu's only good movie is the first matrix ...

16. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

It's a shame I didn't get to watch it. I really should've, the fact that I could see it for free. My friends talk about it and I hear it's pretty good. And they liked Keanu Reeves as the lead. Hm.

17. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

i loved the movie! Keanu Reeves is soo hot! i love him!! i have the movie on DVD....*looks at case* *drools* Keanu is such a hottie! the movie itself was very very good! Better than Van Helsing!!! *_*

aww, poo my pictures won't work! ~_~ oh well..Keanu Reeves is still the hottest thing on the planet, besides me of course^_^

18. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Man, seems like I just gotta keep disagreeing with Neph today. I thought the scenes in hell were actually better than most other films depictions simply because of the blinding and suffocating ash storm that seemed to rip across it's terrain. Imagine being stuck down there, not able to breathe for all the burning garbage in the air, the blistering heat. Keanu's character didn't seem to have any problem breathing down there, but I know that it would drive me nuts being forced to spend an eternity in that mess.

...Then again Keanu's character already spent a lifetime or two playing with the creatures down there, mebbe he was used to it.

~W