Books cool book to read

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by headstrong, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headstrong

headstrong New Member

Ok ive just started this new book called "The Hunters Moon " its about a werewolf assassion im not kissing and telling but it a good but by:C.J. Adams & Cathy Clamp its os good even Laurell K. Hamilton said it was good i cant put the book dont als oa good book is "The Dark Highlander" that good to well i hope you all injoy

all ways in the dark
    Alexzanra

1 person likes this.
  2. Orion

Orion Gears

I honestly can't understand any of what you just posted, sorry.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Sweet mother of god, not to flame anyone here but lemme try and translate that mish-mash. I think I got a handle on it.

Whew. It's amazing what a few periods do to a post.

Hunter's moon. I believe I've heard of that one. From what I remember it did get good reviews but I've yet to pick it up at book stores. Is it part of a series or is it a stand alone novel? Anyone ever read it?

Dark Highlander any good? I've never read it either. Both of these titles Fantasy?

~W

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Wow a werewolf assassin; ten bucks says the author is a covert furry.

5. headstrong

headstrong New Member

lol

And thats why im failing English 3 lol. The hunters moon is realy good just finshed it on sunday night, and the Dark highlander is a realy good romance novel. The hunters moon is the only book no book two..all thow it would be a realy good one. Now im reading Blood And Chocolate cant keep my nosie out of it lol. I'm a big romance person and a ficton one to i like the ones that are full of blood and guts XD. But i like a good stroy line to, also some more good book are Sabrila, Librila and Abhorsen there a serice of book. And the seven waters trilage is realy good to ( Daughter of the forest , Son of shadows and, The child of phrophy-i think thats how you spell it-). so yeah check out tell me what you think till next time.

always in darkness
    Alexzandra

6. wertitis

Alright now we're making some progress. She's got periods in her paragraphs now.

Baby steps, now, baby steps. Next we'll move on to spelling. :catgirl:

So you're a lovey-dovey romance person who enjoys a splattering of guts and gore? At least you got both ends of the spectrum covered.

Blood and Chocolate... Who's the author? What about the Seven Waters *trilogy*? Who wrote those?

~W

7. headstrong

headstrong New Member

I cant realy tell you who wrote them cuse I dont have the book in front of me sorry. But yeah "Blood And Choclate" is a realy good book i was done with it in 3 hours. lol I fill like I'm a old person cuse i read so much hahahahaha may be i need to get out more. All i say is go to the book store and see if they have those books, there realy good. Also "Shifters" is a good one. Its kind of sad, reading these kind of book is getting me in truble this morring befor i went to school like all ways me and mommy get in to.......like all ways. Well I realy cant remeber what started it but i said "Its unheathy for Brandon to site in side 24/7 and just playing video games, now im not saying there bad but its not good". Then mum spits out "Well its not heathy for you to read those book all the time", me " what do you mean "those "books? reading is better than tv games". Mum "That blood and choclate book your nosie is all ways in those kinds of book an.....". Me getting pissed off " OH OH NO, YOU hold on there i also read romace and other very mind makeing book that help me dont you dare pull that with me just cuse your unhappy dont mean i cant be happy!!!" and thats when i walked away. God why cant he put me in a more sutle family? Ah how cares well i think thats good enuff for me to talk on no its off to sleep land XD.

All Ways In Darkness
    Alexzandra

8. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

Stephen King

!!!! Stephen King the King of horror !!!!
    I know he is a little wordy, and a little complicated, and a little [explicit ] but I love him.

IT
    The Dark Tower Series (perfection)
    Shining

My top three in that order but I love practically all his books.

I think every person should read at least one of his books. The detail he uses and the way his storylines mix reality and horror is just perfection. Yeah well enough babble he's just great.

Well thats my story and i'm stickin to it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Dante

Dante New Member

Don't make me laugh.

1 person likes this.
  10. wertitis

Whoa, back off there buddy. Nothing wrong with a little Stephen King. While I've never read the Dark Tower Series I did find the Shining and IT to be an enjoyable read (granted that whole part in IT with the kids, lost underground after killing Pennywise the first time, with that girl, lost, "re-establishing thier sense of direction"... That kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. I've never figured out the point of that chapter...).

So, Dante, considering this is titled "Cool Book to Read" thread, pray tell us what scholarly deviations of the literary sense do you partake of in your spare time? I'm simply dying to know what novels hold such high esteem in your eyes.

~W

11. Dante

Dante New Member

Really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Mainly as far as authors go I read Chuck Palahniuk and Will Christopher Baer, Jim Carroll, I read a book or two by William S. Burroughs. Poetry by Jim Carroll, as well, Charles Bukowski, Allen Ginsberg. Decided to finally read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown not too long ago. And, laugh and mock all you want, I read Harry Potter. Started reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan but it just seems to get more and more dry and repetitive.

I think that's about it.

By the by, thanks Teddz. ;)

/thumbs

12. wertitis

Angels and Demons is excellent, as is the more popular Da Vinci Code. Believe it or not I actually want to get into Harry Potter as well. The guys I work with read it (surprised the hell outta me). According to them the author, J.K. Rowling, started writing the books for her daughter and as her daughter grew and matured so did the Harry Potter series. I don't know how true this is, all I ever read up to was the second book. Still, if they say that it's a good read I'm willing to give it a go.

I'm not so sure about the other authors you mentioned with the exception of Jim Carroll and Robert Jordan.

~W

13. Dante

Dante New Member

As the books go, it does get a lot more serious. Although it has it's cute moments, lately it's been very dark and depressing. As to be expected from children going through their "rebellious, emo" phases. :p

14. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

whats your problem i never said i read only stephen king books i love fantasty,horror,science fiction, some mysteries and of course the classic lit. the point of the post was to list some books that are cool and are an enjoyable read.

well since i'm here i agree with you on jordan i think he is getting a little carried away. He should kill rand off and the darkone [seal him up i mean]with him or have the darkone take over the world which we know is not going to happen..shrugs. Jordan probably realized how big a step it would be to end his little series.

well what ever floats your boat

zaptheflies says
    ~zombies hate flies so don't forget to leave your bug light on :rolleyes:~

15. headstrong

headstrong New Member

Im with you on that one luv i read alot of book's, just got done reading......well man i cant remember what the last book i read was. im tring to find the Narina books, ok it was Harry Potter 6 the half blood prince, man that was some good reading, but any way im starting to read the Dark Tower thing from S. king but all i got is the wolves of calla from my BF hes a big fan but i dont like reading out of order so i stoped reading it.

always in darkness
    alex

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

That's great. Feel free to post every so often in the [thread=16254]What are you reading?[/thread] thread to keep us informed. :)

Unless this a thread for book reccommendations, though, I think it can go to sleep.

17. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

You guys have got to check out The Hunters Blade Trilogy its the best ever I read teh 3rd book in 2 days the first 1 in 4th grade and the 2nd one in 5th grade but it isn't a kiddie book i just like read advanced book THEY RULE CHECK THEM OUT!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.