Coolest Rurouni Kenshin Character (Your favorite char.)

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by That guy!, May 25, 2001.

?

Who is your favorite character?

1. Himura Kenshin

41 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. Sagara Sanosuke

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Kamiya Kaoru

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Myoujin Yahiko

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Shinomori Aoshi

12 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Makimachi Misao

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. Hajime Saitou

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. Makoto Shishio

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Yukishiro Enishi

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. Other

12 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Coolest Rurouni Kenshin Character

for all those who have seen Rurouni Kenshin(or know of it), who do you think is the biggest bad-@$$ in the anime?

I'd have to go with Enishi Tomoe because he's just cool...but what's with the sunglasses?....

If you're wondering who his twin is, you've guessed it! Nekki Basara from Macross 7 !!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

of Course Sagara Sanosuke is a cool character too!, and then there's Kaoru who just likes to kick Kenshin and Yahiko's... @_@x OroOooOOOOOoo

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

You just wanted to put that pick up because you found the shirt and bought it at Stitches..gee I wonder how you found it...

I like Tomoe, because she was reserved, beautiful and had so much love to give. I wouldnt say she is the biggest bad-@$$ in the anime thought..but being a sheath is cool...

[This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited May 25, 2001).]

3. Zei

Zei New Member

I would have to say either Hiko Seijuro or Saitoh Hajime, Hiko has an almost humorous brash arrogance about him, which considering his strength and skill is well justified, but for the most bad@ss Saitoh just exudes it "Kill, Evil, Instantly" 8)

Any idea if Enishi is in the Tv series or just the manga?

4. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Ahh, the slogan of the Shinsengumi:

Aku, Soku, Zan!

It just sounds better in japanese, by my estimation anyhow.

-JavaLamp
    --------------
    Gyalandoo!!

5. Zei

Zei New Member

I agree but its nice to know what it means 8)

6. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Ok, for those of you who don't know, here's a translation, by kanji character, well, it's a rough one, but it's good enough for now.

Aku-Evil, Wicked, Bad
    Soku-Swiftly, Instantly
    Zan-(character can be read other ways) Kill

-JavaLamp
    -------------
    not like anyone actually wanted to know, but there it is.

7. That guy!

This may be kind of a spoiler..but Enishi is in the OVA's portrayed as the younger Enishi who saw his sister get killed by Kenshin's blade (she's his sheath indeed). Enishi comes later on in the series wanting revenge because he believes Kenshin killed his sister purposefully, she actually killed herself. Since Kenshin killed the most important person in Enishi's life, Enishi wants revenge by trying to kill the most important person in Kenshin's life. This is pretty much all I know since I've only seen what BakaMatt showed me(up to 56)and the OVA's but I can give more info later since I hope to get the rest next month.

That Guy's gotto go!

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

9. Zei

Zei New Member

I know hes in OVA series, but im sure i read somewhere that he doesnt appear in the TV series, just the manga.
    Ahh well..

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

1) Sagara Sanosuke is the complete baddas all the way, no argument possible... Though, I have to admit Soujiro Seta could have made the cut...before he cracked...

2) "Aku, Soku, Zan" sounds cool, but I like the ring of "Sin, Swift, Slay" also...Eh? Oh, right! But, Saitoh, well, he's emotionless enough to be baddas...

3) Tomoe?? LOL! I would maybe say "sacrificial lamb", but definately not baddas...

BakaMattSu, Critically uncorrect (and such of typing "baddas" instead of "Badass"...

11. That guy!

Sagara all the way...Enishi is just cool though!

Soujiro Seta though? can't say I agree that he's that bad. A bit scary though. A quote from a friend of mine comes to mind

"People who smile all the time are evil!"
    -Zanshi

It is awesome that one can't read the techniques Seta is going to use though.

12. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I would say that Aoshi is the most coolest,badest, cutest and strongest of them all...he is quiet, strong, fights for his honor....he is the best ...then Sanosuke comes as second

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

You guys might know what am I going to say, right?

So, I go with the amazing street fighter Zanza, yes I am talking about Sagara Sanosuke...

14. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Enishi looks cool and all..but his hair
    (Spoiler Alert) In the translation of the manga I've read that when Tomoe was accidently killed by kenshin, while Enishi was watching his hair turned white from the shock and in the series his hair is purple!!!!!
    I could beieve that his hair color turned white from the shock, but if it turned purple...Well [​IMG] it would take time to accept it

15. Zanza

Staff Member

Why do you like your favorite character?

What does it make him so special to you?

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I gotta go with the title character, Kenshin. He's honourable, cool, and faster than anything else. I also find the whole Sakaba sword thing to be great, what with the reversed blade thing. Kinda like me, underestimated by many, feared by the rest ...

------------------
    Until then, I remain your obedient servant, GNZ

17. That guy!

I'm going with Kenshin for sure!!
    But my choice has a more religious reason...

I think that Kenshin's story resembles the apostle Matthew(or Levi)'s story. Matthew was the tax collector in Capharnaum, as a tax collector he went around and caused a lot of suffering(Matthew did this by stealing money and stuff)...Kenshin did this as the Hitokiri Battousai(killing people).

The similarity comes in where both totally converted and both spread the word about peace and life.

Well, Kenshin totally believes in Peace and life due to him fighting for the end of feudalism in Japan...also he believes in the value of life because he has stopped a tonne of people from killing themselves in the show.
    (and yes, I like the Kenshin in the series more than the Hitokiri Battousai)

------------------

---------
    That guy!,
    Everyday, Everynight, EVERYWHERE!!!!

18. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Deep, man, real deep.

19. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Sagara Sanosuke all the way (hmm, how many times have I posted that?)!!

He's the coolest by far, taking no crap from no one. It's that roll of the tongue as he pronounces his R's, the way he leans against stuff while sucking on a fish bone. His badass nature...And he may not be the strongest character n RK by far, but he is definately the most determined....

By the way, I forget where it was originally discussed, but the symbol on his back is half on the Kanji for "Akuma" or "Devil"...

BakaMattSu, can't remember if it's "Aku" or "Ma"...maybe Sano should join the Shinsen Gumi??

20. Zanza

Staff Member

I tottaly agree with you BakaMattSu, except for the part where you said that Sano should join Shinsen Gumi !!!!