Coolest Rurouni Kenshin Character (Your favorite char.)

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by That guy!, May 25, 2001.

?

Who is your favorite character?

1. Himura Kenshin

41 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. Sagara Sanosuke

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Kamiya Kaoru

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Myoujin Yahiko

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Shinomori Aoshi

12 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Makimachi Misao

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. Hajime Saitou

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. Makoto Shishio

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Yukishiro Enishi

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. Other

12 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Well, yeah, that's true, the left-handed thrust was a version of the hirazuki, which was a right-handed thrust. :sweat2:

2. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

I would have to say Hiko Seijuro is my fav. RK character . . . it's just the way he carries himself.

3. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

Kenshin and Tomoe are my favorites. I loved the relationship between them. I also like Okita too.

4. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Okita-san and Soujiro-kun are pretty cute, I wish I can find a good Okita picture to post here...oh, well. I like Okita-san a lot too, he's adorable. :anime:

5. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

Okita is a cutie, that he is.

Attached Files:

6. Yugi_Boy

Yugi_Boy New Member

Well my favorite is Saito but I think Soujiro Seta is the coolest. He sheathes his sword in the most bad @$$ way possible.

7. Desdicha

Desdicha New Member

Count another vote for Sagara Sanosuke from this stranger.

There have been quite a few great reasons to play him as the "ultimate bad @$$", but I'd like to add a fresh one to the frey.

Consider Sano's motif, Harada Sanosuke, captian of the Shinsengumi's 10th division. Strong, capable, and notably handsome. Legend had him becoming the leader of his own bandit army. (Watsuki-san has a great article on this in the manga at the end of act eight. The secret Life of the Characters 6)

Hey, the character of our Sano was inspired by a bad boy. That's just a bonus reason to go with the rest of the great arguements for his cause on this thread.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

theres a lot of legends about him. one says that he died shortly after the Bakumatsu and is the most likely story. another one says that he stowed away on a ship bound for the mainland and made his fortune in China. as for him being a bad ***, yeah he was. but i think the worst of the Shinsengumi was Hijikata Toshizou. perhaps not a bad *** like Harada but still, a dangerous man non-the-less. he was known as the demon of the shinsengumi for ruling is with an iron fist. if someone was to be tortured they were hung in the middle of a room with a hold in the ceiling so that people on the second floor could hit them too. then they would be beaten with bokken until he hough their punishment suitable.

9. Desdicha

Desdicha New Member

Really? *Laughs* You know, it would be lovely folks like you and the background you provide for avid fans that really makes "learning history" interesting.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't post an unfounded point. Thanks!

10. Dante_Torashin

Dante_Torashin New Member

well, i have to fav characters. Kenshin and Tomoe.

11. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

hn.

<<<That guy!]for all those who have seen Rurouni Kenshin(or know of it), who do you think is the biggest bad-@$$ in the anime?

I'd have to go with Enishi Tomoe because he's just cool...but what's with the sunglasses?....

If you're wondering who his twin is, you've guessed it! Nekki Basara from Macross 7 !!!! http://www.mangatoanime.com/manga/forums/tongue.gif
    Last said by THAT GUY>>>

I think you mean Enishi Yukishiro. :anime: But I'm an other person, cause' my favorite character [I]has[/I] got to be the alimighty Seta SOUJIRO!!!! :anime: :anime: :anime: :sweat2: He's sooo awesome, I mean he has incredible speed and knows the Shukuchi tech.! And his final move, shuntensatsu, would have been rad., if he had made contact with Kenny! :anime:

12. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Hey, that's not nice X6. No say that about Seta Soujiro. :anger2: :anger2: But then again, it is a little creepy t have someone smile all the time, but what can I say, I hang around a cheery hyper person all day that I just want to..... :anime: :anime:

13. kentaro san

kentaro san New Member

my fav chara...

my two fav character are kenshin and sanosuke :anime:

14. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Same here but I have a reason, I mean she always go teary eyed and cries over (almost) every one of Kenshin's battles. Especially when Kenny and Saito fought again for the first time in 10 years. I mean Kenshin was sooo, becoming Hitokiri Battousai, and she just goes crying, and sobbing, and weeping... :anger2: I personally think that tears are meant for nothing. Except to express feelings, but still, what's the use of crying if you can't bring someone back with your tears?

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, it had worked in the fight between Jineh and Kenshin. and i think she expected it to work again. but what she didnt understand is that he was lost in a world deeper then the present and the past.

16. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

i love them all.. but i like how Yahiko looks when he is grown up in ¨reflection¨
    and i love how Tomoe is drawn.. ^^
    AOshi is cool too
    Saagara rules
    Kenshin is just awesome!!!
    Einishi is hot
    saito is cool with his style of sword fighting
    hey u didnt put soujirou!!! he is really cute and has a sad story behind !!
    kaory is kinda annoying but i still like her
    and misao hehhe.. i love how she fights... dummy but hey.. she is cool
    makoto.. nice bandages!! lol
    Misao

17. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

I voted kenshin. He cool

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

Yahiko isnt too grown up. hes only 15 at that point.

Sagara Souzou was a real person. His name was Koshima Shirou. although he wasnt of the samurai class he hailed from a rich and powerful family. he left behind a wife and children to head the Sekihoutai. but as the comic portray's he was branded with the label of a "False Government Army" and was beheaded at the age of 29. Sano seems to idolize his ideals of equality, but in real life, Sagara Taicho had put that last on the Ishin Agenda.

Saitou's style of Kenjutsu was called Mizuguchiha Ittou Ryuu.

Soujirou's story is rather sad starting with the death of his mother and following through with his foster family.

Misao uses Oniwabanshu-shiki Kansatsu Tobi-Kunai Jutsu and Oniwabanshu-shiki Kempo Jutsu

Shishio Makoto fell victim to the Ishin Shishi after the change of power came. Like Hitokiri Gensai his ideals clashed with the Ishin ideals and he was killed. sort of. they suprised him with a stab attack to the head and then shot him and finally lit his body on fire. but in the end it proved not enough to kill a demon of the darkness. when he was hired by Katsura Kogorou to take Kenshin's place as Shadow Hitokiri, he noted that Shishio's past and swordsmenship were unknown but that he rivaled Kenshin. he cared not for the idealism of the Ishin Shishi rather, he only wanted to show off his swordsmenship. But he was immensly powerful and a master swordsmen. He was the one who was assigned to kill

*SPOILER*

the traitor Iizuka.

*End Spoiler*

19. Venom

Venom New Member

That's really a tough choice because I'm a fan of Kenshin, Hiko, Shishio, and Aoshi.

But I'm gonna go for Shishio. Not that bad of a leader if you ask me.

20. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy New Member

kenshin

its probably kenshin or Yahiko when hes all grown up. there both tight!