Languages and Culture Cultural Backgrounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chiquitabanana, Jun 28, 2004.

1. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

English, Irish, German, (Native American ( small amount).

I know English, I know a very very small amount of German, and I know some Spanish.

** Edit **

I am also Yukoslavian

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

umm hold up umm i think im part Irish,german,and hm cant remember the other part oh yeah and peabrained.

I speak English,need to learn german,and want to learn japanese,and a small portian of spanish

3. Yu_ki

Yu_ki New Member

:p I am Bulgarian. Actually, on my father's side, we do belong to some obscure Illyric tribe, but my grandma was the last one to speak the language, alas!
    I speak English and Spanish fluently and am a beginner in Japanese. I had a semester of German, French, Italian and Russian, but I am not really more than a beginner in these, too.... I love learning foreign languages and wish I had more time to do it! :)

4. Saikira

Saikira New Member

1.) My family is of English, Scottish, and German descent.

2.) I speak English, French (I took classes for 3 years), German (a little), and Russian (very little).

5. Engel

Engel New Member

1.) What's your background? As in, where are you from?
    I was born in the U.S. (New York), but I'm Chinese. My parents are both from China.

2.) What other language(s) can you speak aside from English?
    I speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Fukonese(sp?), French (learning), German (learning), a little bit of Spanish, a bit of Japanese..

6. Hoshi-kun

Hoshi-kun New Member

1.) I was born in Canada and raised in the US (Colorado). I'm an Indian, however. My maternal and paternal sides of the family originate from India.

2.) I can speak Hindi and Marathi fluently. I am semi-fluent in Punjabi and know a good chunk of Gujarathi as it's similar to Marathi. I know a little bit of Japanese and French, and very little amounts of Sanskrit.

1 person likes this.
  7. Warsaw Pact

Warsaw Pact New Member

All I know is that my family came from Sweden. So I consider myself Swedish.

1 person likes this.
  8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I see. Another Swede, nothing to expect from the boards.

Välkommen.

- Teddz

9. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I'm 100% English culturaly but with a lot of Irish ancestors and Irish name. I don't speak Irish though, I tried learning some, but its harder than Japanese.

10. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i forgot if i posted this earlier... anyway...

i'm 75% japanese, 12% chinese, and the rest are hawaiian, and irish.

i can speak english, semi-fluent japanese, and a little bit of french. (took class from kindergarden-5th grade but forgot most of it. -_-;; )

11. Fujimiya Aya

Fujimiya Aya New Member

I'm 100% Dutch, born and raised American.

I speak American English (fluently), some spanish (took it in high school), and I know a little bit of Japanese.

12. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Had to laugh at that.

Yep, Im from the hard drinking parts of the world, the British Isles. Born in England, a lot of my family is Irish, my mother and father both have Irish names, but they were born in England too, before that I think my grandfather was born in Dublin. Other parts of family Im not so sure about, possibly some Roma and Scottish.

Languages, I can speak fluent British English, so I know what words like "chav" mean, in any case I am one ^_~. I also speak Cockney Rhyming Slang, but not fluently. I did French at school, got pretty good at it, but now forgot a lot of it, it still helps though if I go to France. I have been studying Japanese for nearly 2 years, but because my brain is so slow at learning, I'm realy just a beginner. I know a lot of stuff, but it just doesnt join together yet. I'm doing mre night school Japanese next school year (Sept) so hope I can get talking more.

13. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

oooo so you have that british thing going on, eh? lol. i'm so JEALOUS!!!! anyway... *crosses arms*.... you don't seem like a 'beginner' in japanese.. and they all seem to fit...

hn.

14. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Im German, Irish, Native American (Buffalo and Cherokee), Black Dutch, and a couple other things i forgot about.

15. Hitokiri Tenma

Hitokiri Tenma New Member

I'm Irish, French, German, and American Indian.
    My first language is Japanese, my English is...understandable, and I speak a little chippewa.

16. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I am 1/2 English and 1/2 German, but both my parents have been born and raised in Britain. I’m also a little Irish. :catgirl:
    Language wise i speak English, British English, Yorkshire English, Brummy English and a little French :cool:. It’s strange how people speak completely differently in different parts of the UK :rolleyes:

17. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

I'm half Samaon and half American. If you guys don't know who Samoans are they are islanders but much farther away.

18. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I'm Mexican! My great grandfather (my mom's dad's dad) was lebaneese, but the rest of my family is mexican.

And... that's about it. But my grandparents (my dad's parents) were in the showbiz. My grandpa was a famous orchestra musician in here, and my mom was a radio singer. When she married him, she left the showbiz.

So that leaves me with a great ear and a great voice :D good combination.

19. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

I'm part English, Porkagese, French and a islander since the part a come from i'm am known as a BOUTEIN and proud of it. :D

20. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Well Im Part Italian, Irish, Polish