Languages and Culture Cultural Backgrounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chiquitabanana, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Cascade dream

Cascade dream New Member

I'm half german and half French....But I speak a bit of French and I speak German almost fluently(and Japanese and spanish)Pretty normal :rolleyes:

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am a mutt. I am just a wide mixture proving that the melting pot is here in the USA. I do know a few though like German, and Duetch.

3. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

English, Scotch-Irish, German, French Canadian. I've lived in the Montgomery for all my life and even though this is so, I really have not embrace Southern culture. It's too tightly wrapped in religion and church, steeped in backwards beliefs and bias. I love Irish culture so I jumped when I got the chance to go there. Maybe I'll move there and pick up an Irish accent.

4. Master Legato

Master Legato New Member

I was born in Russia, moved to Ohio State bout 5 years ago, lived there for a year, moved to Colorado, am currently staying here.

My family goes waaaaay back in Russia. We were pretty damn rich back In the days, when Stalin was still a ruller. But because of all the conflicct that's happened in Russia, i guess my family just went down-hill. But it's cool.

5. headstrong

headstrong New Member

Born in Russia came to Oklahoma when i was 5 months old, and all most every summer i go backto russia to stay with a friend. Russia is my love i owuld like to live there one day, but i would also like to live in Egypt as well, as a lot of other countres.
    My background is filled with many cultures, my greatgranda use to say "Britney you are one of a kind you my sweet little Angel, are filled with ever race there can be and never for get that." Well he was right, Russian were i get my pale skin and coldness from, BlackFoot were i get my anger and wonting to beat people from, germany with my golden hair, iris for the red in my hair when the sun hits it. There is more but its to long to tell so theres your back ground on me luv's hope you like it.

always in darkness
    alexzandra

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

I get my PALE skin from Ireland, my darker skin (I'm the darkest in all my family) from France, my love for nature from the Pawnee Indians, and my 'loose' nature from Bohemia (Czech Reublic, to be exact). Oh, and I LOVE sausage (I'm German, too!).

7. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

My grandparents are Chinese, my parents are Vietnamese, and I was born in America.
    So a little of each.

8. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Born in Belgium, and pretty much full-blood. Although there are some slight hints towards southern French or maybe even Spanish from my grandmother's side, but since that remains a mystery, I stick with Belgian.

9. irishharpie

irishharpie New Member

I'm just Irish, no mixes really but when you consider Irish history I'm sure it's not really true. :)

10. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Well I'm adopted so technically I don't know the details. But I'm waay pale with red hair and I live in the USA so I'm guessing British/Irish/Nordic or something like that.