RPG Archives DBZ-ish RPG (now playing!)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Jun 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Alrighty, here's the scenario:
    You're all waiting around at a truck stop on a small country road waiting for your boss's assistant to come and pick you up. The boss is a famous archaeologist known as Dr. Beats, and he's setting up a small expedition into some nearby mountains. He thinks there may be a few traps in the ruins he wants to explore, so he's hired you to help him out.

Caracol, You're here because you know that the traps in some old ruins are probably not that bad, and besides, the pay's pretty good.
    Baracol, you found out about this job from Caracol, and signed up as well. As I said, the pay's good and the work's probably easy.
    Lu-Lu, you're a bit of a fan of Dr. Beat's work, and you've always wanted to meet him. Now you can do that, and besides, you're getting paid for it.

You're all sitting on a bench on the outside of the truck stop. You see a hovercar convertable approach. The car stops and out steps the driver, a tall man, probably 20 to 25 years old. He has brown hair, which is messed up from driving the car with the top down. He's wearing a red shirt and black pants, which both bear the logo of the Finger school of martial arts.
    (The Finger is an order of martial artist monks who have a monastery in the desert and are devoted to understanding the world through song, colour and combat)
    He walks up to the bench and rubs his chin as he looks over your group. You notice he has a dark blue index finger, a sign of high ranking in the Finger society. He looks at Caracol who is sitting in the middle, and says:
    FINGER GUY: "You the guys?"

2. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

BARACOL: Yeah thats us , u the boss's assistant ??

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

FINGER GUY: "Yeah. The name's Mano Guerrero. I'm the Doctor's assistant, and I'm supposed to drive the lot of you to Neonova Mountain, where the expedition will take place." (He gestures to the car) "Hop in."

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

CARACOL : *I'll hop in*
    Sounds good!

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

LU-LU: 'Shot-Gun!' (Lu-Lu swings her bag over her shoulder and runs along the car to the passenger door)

6. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

*Baracol hops in the back*

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You hop in the car, and Mano begins driving at a high speed. After about an hour of driving, you can clearly see Mount Neonova in the distance. It is about 1200 metres tall, the tallest in the range. Something sparkles near the summit ...
    After another two hours of driving, you are at the base of the mountain. Looking up, you see the sun setting behind the summit. Mano stops the car and gets out.
    MANO: "We'll have to go on foot from here. The car can't take the slope. There's a village about halfway up the mountain. We'll be stopping there to get some supplies and to rest for the night."
    He begins to walk up the mountain.

8. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Baracol: Ok Let's go
    *follow's Mano*
    Heero:probobly a simplae awnser for this i dont know about but why dont we just fly up the mountain ?
    No need ?? Takin it easy ?

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Caracol! *Lu-Lu clears off bird crap from Caracol's hair*
    I've heard there's horribly ugly flying chimpazee things around this mountain! They get very aggressive and you may drop Mano...so perhaps we should stay low. We may find neat stuff along the way!!!

10. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

So, you're walking up the mountain and ...
    WHAT'S THAT ON THE GROUND?
    First one to answer gets to find out!

11. That guy!

NOOOO, flying monkeys are going to kill us all!!!!!, what a world!!

wooooooo....shiiiinnny, looks like a giant... [​IMG]

Is that a dragonball?

12. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

uuummmmm
    a rock ?
    tis a mountain after all

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

*Lu-Lu picks up a Snickers bar off the ground...*
    -"Damn those monkeys and their chocolate cravings!"

*but was this what Mano meant, she wondered. Maybe he's just seeing things...hmmm...*

14. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Caracol, you see it first. It's a bright and shiny Capsule. You pick it up, and inside is an odd assortment of small mechanical parts, as might be used to assemble some kind of device. It could be of use to someone ...

You continue walking up the mountain for a while, and eventually reach the town. Mano goes to check in to a hotel, saying he'll get rooms for all of you on Dr. Beats' budget. He tells you that you should probably report to the hotel and rest in about an hour, but until then, you can do whatever you want.

15. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

I go to the Bar and have a few drinks

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You're at the bar, and you get a few odd looks from some of the locals. You'd think they'd never seen a green guy with antennae before!
    Anyway, you get to the bar and order a drink. You sit down, and you hear a rumour that the Peach Mountain Shoguns, a minor group of terrorists that was dissolved a few years ago, is reforming. You don't think this will be any trouble, as the last time they showed up, they were defeated by a spiky-headed guy with a pipe and three ninja buddies. You go back to your drink.

17. That guy!

I'll enter the bar and ask a person quietly where I can find these shoguns I've been hearing about. I'll then tell the person that I'm with Dr. Beats.

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Lu-Lu knows from experience that daggers and alcohol don't mix. She leaves Baracol and Caracol at the bar entrance and makes her way off to
    start browsing in the little local shops for neat stuff.

19. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Caracol, you ask a local patron where you can find the Peach Mountain Shoguns. He tells you that nobody knows where their headquarters is, but based on their affinity for flamboyant displays of pyrotechnics, lighting, and dance, they should be found sooner than later.
    Lu-Lu, you're looking in some of the local shops, and there really isn't much of interest. This town is really small, so that's really what's expected. All you can find is a clothes store selling out-dated fashions and a general store run by a guy in a military uniform.

20. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

I go to our hotel room and get some shut eye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.