Comics DC or Marvel

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cloud, Oct 14, 2002.

?

DC or Marvel

Poll closed Oct 24, 2002.
  1. DC

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Marvel

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Simple one to start off!

2. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

MArvel all the way, baby! Spiderman rules! And the X-Men are okay...i guess...

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i've read waaaaay more marvel than dc, only real diff i see between the 2? well, one's at least written by some good ones alot(dc) and one can't keep anyone dead for long

4. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Marvel without any doubt
    (anyone remember my first avatar?)

5. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

DC, the Godfather of comic books

Creators of the Bat and the Man of Steel

Anyway, Spiderman is a wuss, Batman would own him

The X-Men are ok, but no match for the JLA

6. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Marvel because of the super heroes mutant powers

7. Musashi

Musashi New Member

You guys dont know the meaning of "good comics" DC has always been an excellent comic book group, and has been around since before you were born (so was marvel.....but.....i dunno) And has a reputation of excellence.....my two cents

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Both Marvel and DC are great.. But I went with Marvel because thats who i always read and after DC had a Killing fest with the characters a few years back i lost all interest in them..

then marvel kinda done the same.. and then i moved and lost all access to geting comics all togethter..

KaMe

9. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I have to say Marvel! Even though I support the BatMan in any situation. I just can't on this one. the X-men are the best, and I cant ever pick who I like better there is always a tie.

I took a test to see which x-men I was and I was.... I don't remember right now but I will l8er

10. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

you can't pick against DC. With just Superman and Batman alone, they over shadow the others by far.
    Marvel would be a bust if not for Stan Lee selling the rights to key characters for the big screen.
    Do some research, Marvel was going under before they released the X-Men movie. Now, they are just hanging on.
    DC has been the back-bone of the comic world for over 50+ years.
    My opinion, UNTOUCHABLE.

11. Tusky

Tusky New Member

Marvel :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Id like so see the artical you got that from. Because I dont believe for Once second that marvel was on the verge of going under... Here is why.

Every person i know who collects comics only collects Marvel because other the superman and Batman. they dont like the characters..

But if you can back it up with some proof and prove me wrong then ill eat my words..

KaMe

13. VM1070

I FOLLOW THEIR STOCKS AS A HOBBY.

BEFORE THE XMEN MOVIE, MARVEL'S STOCK WAS BORDERLINING "PENNY STOCK".

STAN LEE EVEN ADMITTED IN HIS NEW DVD RELEASE THAT THE MOVIES, BOTH PAST AND FUTURE, HAVE GIVEN THE COMPANY A LITTLE SPARK OF LIFE.

MARVEL WAS HURTING SO MUCH, THAT THEY EVEN HIRED OUT SOME DC AND DARK HORSE STAFF TO HELP THEM OUT.

THE MAN HIMSELF STATED THAT AT ONE POINT, HIS COMPANY WAS BORDERLINING CHAPTER 11.
    THAT WHOLE KILLING OFF THE HERO'S STORYLINE WAS THEIR WAY OF GETTING RID OF THE DEAD WOOD OF THE FIRM.
    THE REBIRTH SERIES WAS TO COMPETE WITH HIS COMPETITION.

I WAS LOOKING INTO PURCHASING MARVEL STOCK, BUT WAS STEERED AWAY BY MY CONSULTANT BECAUSE OF THE RISK.

STAN LEE IS REALLY HOPING THAT THE LINE OF MOVIES SET TO RELEASE OVER THE NEXT YEAR BOOST HIS COMPANIES GROWTH.
    HE IS AFRAID PEOPLE AREN'T INTO THE WRITTEN TEXT ANYMORE AND THE MOVIES WILL BRING BACK MOST OF THE CORE FANS AND A NEW GENERATION OF READERS AS WELL.

THIS IS ALL THE PROOF I CAN GIVE.

AGAIN, I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING FOR OVER 20 YEARS---BOTH MARVEL AND DC.
    MY FAV BEING DC, BUT I AM ALSO A HUGE XMEN FAN. I TRY TO KEEP UP WITH THEIR NEWS AS BEST AS POSSIBLE.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hon, you can be pulling in a crapload of money, but if ya got stupid accountants, or artists and staff demanding alot of money, you can go under quick. i know about the first part...is why i'm damning best buy to hell...(no offence to future stop or that canadian place they bought...poor bastards...)

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Marvel for one simple fact, they have Joe Madureira. And therein lies one other reason that has multiple spawnings. Age of Apocalypse. I love his art, most likely because it's reminiscient of anime styling. People say it's manga-ish, but I can't see it because of all the flash and shine he puts into everything.

Anyway, just having him aboard, it's great. Even if stories suck, which I doubt though I don't read comics much anymore, his art always LOOKS good...and I always try to emulate it whenever I pick up Age of Apocalypse issues with his art.

Or even that X-Men Christmas one, where Rouge touched Joseph without gloves or what have you. That was great. I have it around the house somewhere, lying about with about three or four pages of drafts in it. ;)

And BB, I'm gonna be in the employ of Best Buy soon...does that mean you won't like me? :( Izzy sad...

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yes, joe's stuff saved a few stories marvel did...some of his side stuff tho was wierd...

no, i won't hate you...dude, you get every at cost +5%...that's a kick *** discount...i abuse it everytime i go to fargo..tho, i recomend buying cd's and dvd's else where you can use the disacount...40% is much better than that. (sam goody, suncoast, on cue, media play are all owned(unfortunatly0 but best buy now...so go there....just bring a pay stub...sorry for leaving the topic breifly...but this is imprtant!! lol)

17. lil angel

lil angel New Member

marvel all the way!! batman's cool, too, though...:p

18. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Marvel! I've read spidey since i was a little boy :D

But Image Comics are good too..because Spawn Rocks!

Dark horse Comics are good (Just because they do Manga Comics :p such as Oh! My Goddess, Lone Wolf etc etc)

19. VM1070

I agree with you--Spawn does kick A@#

McFarland is a genuis.....

20. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Yeah....so does Witchblade...

Hold up...Witchblade is from Top Cow Comics ? or something else?! :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.