Deadness

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

With nothing to report or talk about, I'm just curious how many people check here about once a day to see if anyone has posted anything. I myself check a few times a day.

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Oh man, you beat me to it! (Making a "roll call" thread.)

I too lurk around here often, but to no avail. Even with ADV's Gatchaman release nearing the halfway point with this coming month's release ( I STILL haven't watched all of the initial 12 episodes that I own because I'm so damn busy!) it apparently isn't enough to bring some life into this board.

As for Anime Network, I think that aside from any airings of "G-Force", there's nothing worth mentioning. A couple of you guys have already bought BotP lock stock and barrel (something which our friend eagleclaw should invest in), and its better to purchase ADV's inexpensive Gatchaman release than wait EONS for all of the episodes to air on VOD. Same goes for BotP. As for the linear (regular) channel, its still very scarce in the US, and rumors are that ADV is going to do away with the linear channel altogether and stick to VOD and SVOD (Subscription On-Demand) seeing as the linear channel is too expensive to manage and is not wanted by many cable providers. Overall TAN is going through some serious rough times both in linear and VOD. But VOD seems to be the future for TAN, and the best choice at that. So you can pretty much scratch TAN out of the BotP-Gatch picture at this point.

Boomerang, Cartoon Network's sister station is tanking HARD. Very hard. Not only has the channel not made much inroads to homes in the US (blame it on the politics between the rival cable companies), but the scheduling is going down the frickin' drain. Starting in January, Boomerang will start airing post-1995 cartoons (in fact, it already has, with a couple of shows not even 5 years old already airing, solely because they are related to the classic WB-Hanna-Barbera cartoons i.e Baby Looney Tunes, Duck Dodgers, What's New Scooby Doo!) and it looks like the coup which occured on Cartoon Network over 5 years ago (classic cartoons were banished into limbo or Boomerang) may occur again, except the classics may go completely off the air. That's why you see WB pushing out so many classic cartoon DVD sets. Sad really. Whether or not "G-Force" will make an appearance on Boomerang or the air is still unknown.

Obviously, no other TV channels are willing to air classic anime or cartoons. That's the sad, cold truth. Sorry eagleclaw, but its futile to petition to channels other than the aforementioned 2 (which are going through rough times as well). Mark, would you care to brief him on the BotP set?

That's all on the TV front for Gatchaman.

With that said I have a couple of questions:

1) Why is it that after 4+years Rhino has YET to release all of BotP in the US? Its futile to release any more episodes as it will probably take a decade for them to release them all at this point. The UK set must be the unanimous choice.

2) Has anyone here read that BotP book by Jason Hofius? Is it any good, and are there any mentions of Fred Ladd/Turner and "G-Force" (hopefully not too brief)?

3. Orion

Orion Gears

I check here sometimes. You guys gotta get some new topics up, breathe life into this forum! I would visit more often if there was more activity.

4. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Generaly once a day.

(says she who has `most` of the DVDs)

5. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

Once a day here too...

6. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I check every day. But for some reaon my forum subscription hasn't been showing any activity here. So I completely missed this.

7. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Oh yes, the BOTP book. I can't remember where mine is (my entire BOTP/Gatch collection has moved in a drastic house reorganisation and I'm not quite sure where the books went) but IIRC it does have a G-Force section. Can't remember how in-depth it is though.

8. G-3

G-3 New Member

i check every so often. and nothing is happening,
    :(

9. Harry

Harry New Member

I have a look every now and then.

I have got the first two dvd's now and have only managed to watch up to episode 5, but loving it. My little girl who is 4 loves Princess, but is a bit scared of all the big machines, but still she will be a next generation fan !!

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Good to hear, Harry! We need to keep "Battle of the Planets" alive by passing it down through the generations. Way to go, and thanks for popping in!

Mark

11. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

Ahhh. The good ole days, being 6 yrs old and coming home from school and watching BOTP on TV.

12. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Yes, I was impressed by the numbered T shirts...

13. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Those days were the best.

14. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

I beg to disagree.

You have to be over 26 to insure a Skyline.

15. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

What does that mean?

16. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

17. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Funny how I've spent most of this year reminiscing back on 1995, when G-Force premiered on Cartoon Network. And watching it and CN constantly that as well. 1995 symbolizes a lot of things for me, G-Force being one of them. And now the 10th anniversary celebrations have come to a close.........well at least in my head. As far as 1996 and G-Force? Well, its gradual pushing into late night/obscure timeslots until it was phased out of the network altogether is what I remember from '96.....................oh boy, I'm getting one of those periodic G-Force nostalgia attacks you guys know I'm notorious for by now...................

18. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

What's that all about, Cloud?

19. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

You know the way a lot of sites now have RSS feeds to that you can syndicate content into your favourite feedreader (e.g. feedreader.com) or newsreader website, e.g. bloglines.com... Well if you want to keep track of new posts in the BoTP forum, you can paste that link above into your list of feeds...

I use Thunderbird for my e-mail, and that has feed reading built into it...

20. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Well guys, I just did something I've been wanting to do for ages now: send a HUGE e-mail regarding "G-Force" to Sandy Frank Entertainment themselves. I'm damn well crossing my fingers hoping to receive some more information on my beloved "G-Force" and its history and coming closer to watching/acquiring it again. Now if only I could contact Fred frickin' Ladd.............

1 person likes this.