Dear Emo Teenagers Everywhere...

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by wertitis, Dec 16, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Emo is the Country Western music of rich, yuppie children.

There, I said it, and being the child of said Yuppies I can say it all I want. I've been through the belly of the beast. I've seen the eye of the tiger! Emo songs, Emo rock, and pretty much everything else Emo is the Country Western music of rich kids who've had everything in their lives and have the gall to complain about what they don't.

I mean, think about it! What happens when you play a country music song backwards? You get your Wife, your pickup truck and your dog back. What happens when you play Emo backwards? You get your life, your love, and your happiness back. The two genres are all about whining about everything you've lost (or you think you've lost). What blows my mind are these kids who are trying to stand up against their parents and 'rebel' so they do so by responding in the only fashion they know; the only fashion that has ever worked for them- Complaining. It worked when they were 5, it works when they're 15.

I mean, come on. There are children who have no clothes, no shelter and no food- These kids have a right to complain about how crappy their lives are. Starving naked in the rain is a pretty bad way to live. When you live with your parents in a house, shopping at Hot Topic, and a eating three squares a day you really don

2. Ahhhh!! finally someone put it on text. I am Way to lazy to right all this out to someone. But heh printing it out is easier.

Your right on a lot of damn levels on the emo shit, But now you have another problem...Emo is one..but what about...THE GETTO GANGSTA'S...rant on them next dam it :p.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

True Ghetto Gangstas I have a certain degree of respect for. Ballas who are actually trying to eke out a life on the streets ride the line and I respect them for that. G-thugs, the gangstas of suburbia (the ones who have a nice home to go to at night and eat thier three squares a day,) are not even worth ranting about.

~W

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

ah hah, your the type of person that made me quit with my emo crap. i really do get you, but hey dude..some kids..(not me at all) have every right to whine about some stuff..Like kids that are "molested, and other stuff". im sorry to everyone about MY constant whining about my mom,..and if you guys got sick of it sorry!!! im NOT emo i sware. well take care Wert, LOVED this journal entry man. you rule!!

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

You give us Emo's a bad name....

Great entry Wert, another reason i respect your writing.

you should get yourself some fangirls.

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'm a fan girl as of now. i freaking wanna beak the emo kids into wall. i work in a music store, and i know all of those little jerkwads have a myspace account. sad thing is, that kid is probably some type of martyr to them now >.>

and welcome to one of the reasons i want this crappy music phase to pass. i'd rather have the boy/girl bands back over this. at least they could sing and the sound varied from time to time. not the whiny boy/girl or the lacuna coil crap. btw, for all you emos out there that think evenesance is the shit, they aren't. he singing is just as nasaly as lacuna coils, but at least hers is pretty and she was more original as they did the sound mainstream, first.

blah! -explodes-
    <3 wert >.>