Death Note Death Note Box Set 1

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Feb 2, 2009.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Was pleasantly surprised to find that the first box set was released in November collecting the first five DVD releases (episodes 1-20) for the cost of four.

I loved Death Note when it hit the fansub community and was poised to add the official release to my shelf when news that it was licensed arrived. Unfortunately, I was put off when the release model indicated that it was to be released in 4 episode volumes at a regular price tag. While well worth my money, there is an upper limit to how much I'm prepared to spend, and nine volumes at $36* a pop ($9* per episode) was just too far over it.

The $100* price tag of the box set is more in line with my spending power ($5* per episode), especially with a free-shipping-qualified 32% discount on Amazon (bringing it down to $68*, or $3.40* per).

Short version: I am happy to finally add Death Note to my collection without having to break the bank.

*Actual prices will vary. Numbers provided are MRSP in Canadian currency.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I will be adding this to my collection also. Well once I actually do it. Just spent like 60 on books...don't ask. :D

Also will be buying the box set of the Manga once I feel like it. So need to stop buying stuff.

I agree BMS not a bad price. Its about 40 - 50 in the USA which isn't bad considering I have been buying Naruto Uncut boxsets 11...so far. 30 - 35 a pop. Yeah I am crazy. Now started on Bleach.

One series my son cannot watch.

I know I can't hold off to long. The price will jump up at some point.