Design a Shirt and Win It!

Discussion in 'News' started by BakaMattSu, Jul 19, 2005.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think we're well overdue on a boardwide contest.

To coincide with the revival of the BJP Store, we're hosting a shirt design contest! The winning designers will not only be immortalized by having their designs inducted into the store, but they will also receive a free T-Shirt featuring that design.

Designs can be one of two themes.

Theme One - Old Meets New
    We've come a long way to become the Boards.Jp of today. Many of us were there at the beginning when this place was fondly known as MangaToAnime. The name was different, the mascot too. But despite the rebranding, to many the two versions are one and the same. This theme is all about combining M2A and BJP in any way you see fit - for example a logo showdown or Miia meets Bijin.

Theme Two - Your Gateway to Japan
    This is a very general theme. We know Boards.Jp rocks, so how can we visually show it to the world? Take this theme as an opportunity to shout out the greatness that BJP is, and to perhaps take our tagline for a spin.

Entries are to be submitted by September 1st and should be 2000 x 2000 pixels in dimension. Members are free to submit as many designs as they desire before the contest close. Good Luck, and looking forward to seeing your stuff! ^^

1 person likes this.
  2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

What I had in mind is nothing too complicated.

This would be on the middle, in the back of the shirt.
    Of course, it would be larger size, but I dont have that on a larger scale here. I can work on making it larger without loosing definiton at home.

The green on the shirt would be the background green in the pic.

And I was wondering if there would be a chance that we could have custom shirts.
    The shirt would have the standard logo on the back, and on the frontright, it would say Kaiyon (or whoever ordered it...ex: Nephilim_X's name would be on the front if he ordered it)...same font as the logo is made.
    Nothing too long of course.......*cough* omfgiamtooaddictedtocherryzomghelp*cough*.
    Keep it simple.
    Possible?

- Kaiyon

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

>.> I don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, custom shirts would be awesome.

My idea is similar to Kaiyon's, and needs not many images, I think. Anyway, I think it should say on the front "Boards.jp" as in the link he posted (This), and this on the back.

And the username on the front, if custom shirts are possible. As for color, well, I'll go with the flow and say the same as the background on the link Kaiyon provided.

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I'd design, but I have absolutely no artistic ability. Elsewise you'd see Miia pummeling Bijin in a mudwrestling contest while our various avatars whistle and cheer.

That or Ninja Miia versus Samurai Bijin.

If anyone feels like ripping off my ideas, go ahead, I somehow doubt Cloud would accept an MSPaint by me.

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Count Me In!

6. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

ooooooo! this looks fun!!! i wanna help!! *starts sketching*

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Brilliant, time to revive my not-so-dead photoshop skills!

- Teddz

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

wonders where the heck is my Flash cd...

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I still think we need cute animal mascots.. ok so the logos for the main page contest are out? those who entered, I mean some would be really cute to have on the sleeve side of a t-shirt, ne? They are too small for larger images on shirts. I'll work on something. good thing this is on the main page too or I'd miss it.

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I finished one that looks cute...

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

I've always been a fan of minimalism on shirts.

Example: the "Edit Page" Wikipedia shirt. I'll work on something.

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

yea.. I was thinking of mine being put on the back of the shirt and a M2A/B.JP logo on the front

13. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

SaberJ2X...that is something that i would buy in a instant good job on the design man :D

14. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I'll draw something.
    But Saber's is really fricken cute, and fun too. (And a bit more appropriate, too. heh.)

edit: I drew this, (tis Miia and Gajin) and if anybody wants to color it, go ahead, I suck at coloring. And then I can work with the design.
    Thumbnail:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/yasu/kljsadas.bmp

I dunno, what do you think?

15. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

cool ^^ sep1 should give me some time. are there any colour restrictions for the printing costs?

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have one.

White shirt with big black letters

Front- Make BJP
    Back-Up Yours

Front- better yet Make with that picture thingy everyone was doing
    Back- Up Yours

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Wow way to rip off 7-up commercials.

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Go nuts. ^^

For those who a visual template wroks better than written, here is the link to a standard centered image template.

Nicely done, SaberJ2X. Can't wait to see what else emerges!

19. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Ok.. here we go!!

Here are some what I tried to make, even though what all I did was "stealing" some of our talented members' art, stick them into the shirts image and text was added ^^;

Here are my tries:

Old to New:

Front: http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/MyDesigningEntry_copy_II
    Back: http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/MyDesigningEntry_copy_I

Front: http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/MyDesigningEntry_copy_III
    Back: http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/MyDesigningEntry_copy_IV

Although, the idea of putting the "After" image on the Front side while the "Before" image on the Back kind of meaning less.. anyway, its your call :p

Gateway:

One sided, could be front or back (I inserted two different colors because I am not sure which one of them looks better than the other ^^; ): http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/gateWayPSD_copy_I

It doesn't bother me which one is front and which is back, but maybe they'll look better if the first is Front and the second is Back:
    http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/gateWayPSD_copy_II
    http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/gateWayPSD_copy_III
    (I was wondering, is it possible to insert the little image (Ciel's sushi image with BJP on it) on the bottom just like how its shows on the left?)

As for this little girl, I know it has nothing to do with the two themes, but it would really look extremely cute on a shirt that I'd buy 10! :p

http://www.boards.jp/albums/BJP-Designing-contest/wishful

I really like Suzu's "doodle" *^-^*

Note: I'd like to apologize to the artists for not asking their permission to use some of their art and editing them, gomen nasai ^^;

20. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

can't beat the classics ^^