RPG Archives Deterioration of REBOOT: Sister Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Here it is the newest RPG DoR.

One down two more to go. ;) Let’s get the RPG Forum active again.

Story

Background information on the story. Including a timeline of events leading to beta release of the game.

Timeline

2500-3000- Mass technology booms.

3000 February 16- Technology and human err almost destroy the world.

3000 March 1- The environment is announce that it will be uninhabitable within ten years.

3000 April- A solution is found by building domes. The Domes decided to house the remaining humanity

3008 May- The largest dome city called Megadome is finished being built. People all over the world flock there in order to live there.

3009 January- Technology runs everything within the domes.

3009 February- Internet is back online.

3010- Domes create their own government for order. They call themselves Dome Government.

3012 January- Dome Governments announce that the environment outside the domes is uninhabitable.

3044- The Role Playing Game called Deterioration of REBOOT is announced for development.

3046- The Beta (first version) testing for DoR is available.

Storyline

The year is now 4006. The world was almost destroyed in 3000. The cause was technology and human err. Humans failed to protect the environment. The climate became uninhabitable. In order to survive humans built dome cities where technology runs everything.

In the largest dome city called Megadome, an online beta game is released. It is called Deterioration of REBOOT.

DoR is where people create Users. The Users protect the city of REBOOT from viruses among other things. While the Users destroy the virus they notice that DoR seams a little too real.

As the story progresses things have been happening in the real world. It is as if the viruses of REBOOT have been leaking out. Not only that there are times when the Users can’t log out.

Gaming Information

This is chalk full of information about the gaming.

Game Play

There are several types of game play for this game not just the normal OOC (out of character) considering we will be going from online to offline role-playing.

We will be using certain abbreviations to decipher between them.

GP- Is for Game Play when you are in the game.

RL- If for Real Life when you are not in the game.

OOC- Is for Out of Character.

Game Speech

This deals with the actual RPG. If anyone has played an online RPG you should remember the different types of speech used. Thinking is always the same.

PT- Party Talk. When you are talking to everyone in your group only.

Whisper- When you talk with only one person.

Normal- Is when everyone can hear it. Don’t need to be specific on this one.

Just remember to state how you are talking.

For example, Basher whispers to Athena, “I am not to sure if this person is trusty worthy.”

“Yeah, I know. We just met him.” Athena whispers back. “Maybe we shouldn’t party with him.”

Basher nods her head.

“What are you nodding for?” Big scary dude said because Basher forgot to responded in whisper mode.

“No reason,” Basher said a little flustered realizing that she had made a mistake.

Game Announcements

There are several different types of messaging and announcement systems we will be using. To make it more real. You can PM, and use the DoR Forum.

GA- Game Announcement is for the Admission/Game Master to announce anything important usually broadcast in the game or when you log in.

DF- (DoR Forum) is for announcements/posting events for everyone. Like if you are look for information on a virus or you wants people to join a Party (2 or more users) to take on some monsters or for an event.

PM- Is for Private Messaging when Users message each other. Don’t forget to get the Users Game IP Address (A special 13 number and letter combination every Users have. Only way you can send a PM. The Users can only give them out).

All are set up like this:

Type of Message (Like PM to Basher, DoR forum)

If possible state the reason or topic for the message.

Users Name (Online name)
    Race/Class

Actual post.

Don’t forget to quote the message in some cases. You don’t have to if you post after them. Or you can note in the type of message Reply: Name or Topic.

RPG/Game Slang

We will be using common online gaming slang. By now most of us should know what a few are. It will feel more real. Also chances are others will use it. So here is a link.

Wiki RPG Slang

Game Information

The actual information for the game like the monsters.

REBOOT

The Town information is below like the places in the town.

RAM Bank is for Commissions.
    Power Supply Bar is the local shady bar where the owner, Code (an NPC (Non Play Character)), gives out information for a price.
    Hard Drive Café is the local café. Hang out for Players. Talk about missions and etc.
    Mouse Pad is the hotel used for secret meetings.
    Processor is the headquarters of the Game Masters.
    Hardware Store is where Users can buy Chain Mail, Scale Mail, Plate Armor, weapons, and shields from NPC.
    Software Store is where Users can buy cloth and leather armor from NPC.
    Town Square is where you can look at the small shops around it. Buy food. And many other needs.

Motherboard is the board in the cafés, restaurants, and bars that has information available for missions also bounties for Viruses. Not a place just an announcement board.

Once there are more things going on I will add more.

Outside of REBOOT

Inside the town there is a gate. Sage Gate allows access to the fighting areas.

Crystal Memory Forest- Trees look like crystals. Creatures here a woodland. There is a dungeon.
    Dark Desert Control- A black sand desert. Creatures here a desert type. Dungeon.
    Lush Valley Code- A valley lush in vegetation. Creatures here are a mix. Dungeon.

I will think of more soon.

Megadome

Once there is something on Megadome I will add it in.

Missions/Bounties

A faster way to earn money. Several NPCs will give them out along with the Motherboard. I will be posting them.

They will be like this.

Mission Name
    Commission

Money

The system we will be using.

Tin
    Copper (100 Tin coins equals 1)
    Silver (100 Copper coins equals 1)
    Gold (100 Silver coins equals 1)

Monsters

You can make up a monsters name and describe them. Remember the area you are in.

A little icon will appear above the monsters head.

Monsters Name

The rule for the monsters are.

1. Loot will be either money, a weapon, armor, potions, or crap you can sell.

Weapons

Certain classes have weapons.

You can make up a name and description.

Name of weapon
    Discription of Weapon

Here is a list on all the weapons.

Wand
    One Handed Staff
    Two Handed Staff
    Quarterstaff
    One Handed Axe
    Two Handed Axe
    One Handed Sword
    Two Handed Sword
    Long sword
    Short sword
    Sabre
    Broad Sword
    Bastard Sword
    Katana (Japanese sword only used by samurai)
    One Handed Club
    Two Handed Club
    One Handed Mace
    Two Handed Mace
    Spear
    Gun
    Bow
    Crossbow
    Longbow
    Short bow
    Throwing knives
    Blow Gun
    Throwing Stars
    Kunai

Armor

Actually types of armor. Goes from the worest to the best with Cloth as the worst and Plate Armor is the best. Shield is extra armor.

Cloth
    Leather
    Chain Mail
    Scale Mail
    Plate Armor

Shield

Characters

Character will see the little pop up like they do for monsters when they meet.

Users Name (Online name)
    Race/Class

Magic and Attacks

For all magic spells and attacks I will let you make them up.

2. Basher

The final part of the RPG

Races

There are several races available so pick one.

Race will either have a magic or armor boost. It just means that they are better suited for that type of class but it is up to you though.

Humans- Range from 5 to 6 1/2 feet tall. Magic Boost.
    Elf- Taller then humans 7 1/2 feet to 9 feet tall. Magic Boost.
    Dwarf- Short humans 3 to 4 feet tall. Armor boost.
    Troll- Short then an elf but taller then a human. Armor Boost.
    Imp- Look like trolls but short. 2 to 3 feet tall. Magic Boost.
    Orc- size of a troll. Armor Boost. Armor Boost.
    Orge- Tallest of all the Races. 10 to 12 feet tall. Armor Boost.
    Undead- There appearance can be said more like human. Magic Boost.
    Cyclop- One eye as tall as an Elf. Armor Boost.
    Doppelgänger- Can take on other appearances. Magic Boost.
    Kobold- Are either wolf like or lizard like and given human stance so their height matches also. Magic Boost.
    Fairy- The size of a human. Magic Boost.
    Minotaur- Tall as an Elf. Head of a bull body like a human but has hooves. Armor Boost.
    Harpy- Sort of likes a fairy but as tall as an Elf. Magic Boost.
    Yeti- Shorter then an Orge Looks like a Yeti. Armor Boost.

Classes

Can only pick one. There are some information about the Armor available, Weapon Available, and wither they can use magic or not. So pick wisely.

Druid- worship gods power comes from nature. Armor: Cloth or Leather. Nature spells help with armor. Weapons: Wand, staffs, One handed swords, Throwing Knives.
    Hunter- Can tame a pet. No magical powers. Armor: Leather or Chain Mail. Pet is usually main armor source. Weapons: All Swords, all projectile throwing, all Maces.
    Mage- Have magic powers all sorts. Armor: Cloth or Leather Weapons: Wand, staffs, one handed swords, spear
    Priest- Ability to heal. Some magical powers. Armor the worst of the classes; Cloth. Weapons: Wand, staffs, One handed swords.
    Rogue- The thief. Uses tricks. A little magic. Armor: Chain Mail or Scale Mail. Weapons: Blow Gun, all swords, guns, and bows. Shield
    Warlock- The dark and white magic. Armor: Cloth or Leather. Weapons: Wand, staffs, One handed swords, two handed sword.
    Warrior- Strongest Armor; Plate Armor. No magic. Weapons: All swords, axes, clubs, Mace. Shield.
    Ninja- Martial arts and stealth. Armor: Leather or Cloth Weapons: All swords, throwing knife, throwing star, kunai
    Alchemist- Power of alchemy. Able to transmute. Armor: Chain or Scale Mail Weapons: All swords, all axes, all maces.
    Samurai- A Japanese warrior. Specialize in katana. No magic. Armor: Cloth or Leather Weapons: Katana only class that can use it.

Character Sheets

There are three types of profiles.

Offline Character Sheet

In order to be a User you need an Offline Profile/Real Life Profile.

Appearance:
    Special Ability: Only one.

Background:

User Character Sheet

This one goes hand in hand with the Offline Character Sheet.

User Name:
    Male or Female:

Race: Pick under the race
    Class: Pick under the class

Appearance:

Game IP Address: A combination of 13 number and letters make it up.

Virus Character Sheet

Remember these will eventually get destroyed. They will all now be located in a dungeon.

Virus Name:
    Dungeon:

Appearance:

Program: What it corrupts.

Bounty: Which I will decided. Starting off at 10 gold for now. The more you reek havoc the more you are worth.

Rules

Considering this will is a different RPG.

1. Follow the set RPG forum rules.
    2. You can have 2 of each offline and User profiles.
    3. Two virus each max so far.
    4. I will play the NPC. (Non-playing Characters.)
    5. I will be the Game Master.

3. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

How much will everything change when you compare the way this RPG is set up to maybe a normal RPG? Because in online RPGs or even RPGs in games, the status is shown and stuff but in a text based RPG, its not the same. Its rather odd in my opinion now that I look at the set up. It thought it was going to be set up differently.

4. Basher

Status as in the players status or what exactly? Just want to make this clear. I have the habbit of saying to much.

5. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Okay, let me rephrase what I said. In games, you have the status bar, icons or whatever and the way this RP seems to be set up like to me is like a game with status bars and stuff. I find it odd that it would be set up like that because you can't make something that is like a game go into something completely text based. Follow me so far? If yes, you must know how worried I am about this RP because even I am edgy about things like this, to the point where I might not join at all. When you first brought up the idea, I thought it was going to be a normal RP with its own story. I never excepted us to have little status bars and stuff.

6. Basher

I have been taking this into careful consideration. I wanted this RPG to seam more real. As in actual on line real. A .hack sort of feel.

But of course there are problems. The lucky text based RPGs like this have the status in the profiles. I was thinking of a way to show this. And I did figure it out. But now I am opting not too.

The reason is it would be easier with out. Less work. It appears that others are fine without it. Thanks.

Sorry for any inconvience this causes .

I changed some of the story information.

Mainly took out Levels. Also the Virus will now be in the dungeons. So far there are three spots for viruses.