Video Games Diablo III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Firefox, May 5, 2012.

1. Firefox

Firefox Member

So who else is super interested in Diablo III when it comes out in 10 days?

I'm lookin' forward to it, although I probably won't pick it up on release day.

Hopefully it won't take as long to complete as Diablo II did. 12 years is way too long to spend on a game :V

2. Peacheee

Peacheee New Member

HOLY SHIT USER18. Hello there.

I am very interested. I am getting on release. I believe my roommate is getting the collector's edition. I have to get the regular but still happy to get it regardless. I played the BETA and it was pretty epic. Not sure which class i'm picking..Think either Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor.

3. Firefox

Firefox Member

To be honest, from what I've heard of Diablo III, I'm probably gonna go for Torchlight 2 instead. It's a third of the price, and it sounds like it will be a lot more interesting.

Diablo III sounds to me like they forgot that other companies are out there making games also.

Shame, I was looking forward to it, too.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Finished the story on Normal and haven't touched it since. Act I was a fun, nostalgic rehash of the original Diablo that was a great way to start things off. Act II was also fairly polished and ended with an entertaining showdown. Things started to wear thin from Act III and forward, though. Act III was almost devoid of any progressive story, boiling down to "there's a war, go kill the enemy commander" and the fights and locations felt less inspired from the previous act. Act IV begins with a lot of potential, but left me with the feeling that Blizzard was just phoning it in at that point.

In short, I felt there was a huge drop in quality after the first half of the game, and while the thing is polished as a whole, could have used some more development time to bring the second half to be as enjoyable as the first was.

With normal out of the way, I'm left with more-or-less an experience/item grindfest from here out. I think I'll pass for the time being - I have competition in that arena from an MMO and a large backlog of other games with fresher gaming experiences to play through.

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

As the asian badass and pervert that I am, I am still playing it. Level 60 Female Demon Hunter, rawr.

The one giant issue that I have with is the MASSIVE gap of difficulty. Normal and Nightmare is a friggin joke, I strolled through the entire game, dying at most, five times in total. Suddenly I hit Hell, and it started to be rather sweaty, things were starting to get heated and I started to die a little bit more.

Then I hit Inferno which can be described with the following bug that I have: it is called a weird pop-up known as "YOU HAVE DIED".

The gap between the first three levels of difficulty and Inferno is too big. Most rare mobs have four abilities and they will completely destroy you if you are not focused and kiting with 125% attention. One slight error and you get one-shotted with at LEAST 30k damage. And despite clearing Hell, I still had to back track a few times, grind gears, just to clear the skeleton king in Act I. Now that I have farmed some gold and managing to buy some gear from the Auction House, I have downed the Butcher. But not REALLY excited to begin playing Act II.

Somehow, the developers were narrow minded with how Inferno should be. The difficulty level is just too far and with some classes that lack sufficient kiting (I looking at you, Monk) I find it difficult for other classes to keep up. As a DH, I can use Lingering Fog to disappear, cross my fingers that I do not die to some crazy overpowered AoE damage, and DPSing while saying "ohgodohgodhohgoghoohohohhoooooopleasediepleasedieplzdieplzdieplzdieppppppllllllzzzz" out loud.

The rewards in Inferno? +145 strength for a crossbow? Really Blizzard? After 10 mins of having an APM with at least over 300 and you reward me with items that are subpar with the current level of difficulty? What the hell Blizzard? Even if I get rare gears that are relevant to my class, it is _still_ subpar with the current items up on Auction House. I thought the whole idea with Diablo 2 was to grind Baal and/or Diablo for at least some twenty times so that they drop RELEVANT gears with stats that are at least okay with my class (Paladin bitches!). The gear department seriously needs some work to be done, sure they are introducing iLevels as in WoW and buffing Legendary Items, but it is not enough. Fix the stats algorithm for certain items and I will maybe give you a cookie of forgivness.

/rant

But I will still login and play it. Fucking game...