Dirk Daring's Anime Network Report!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Guys, i think i may just be one step closer to receiving the Anime Network! I turned on my TV today and i noticed i received a ****load of new on-demand channels, and there is still one on-demand channel which is empty called "Special Events On-Demand". I dunno, i'm not getting my hopes up, but who wouldn't in thi situation? I hope i get it in some from, VOD or channel. Most likely the former..........

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Actually, the Special Events thing is completely unrelated so scratch that. But with the influx of On-Demand channels that i just got my chances have increased of getting the Anime Network!

Oh, and a small note, the G-Force art (minus Dirk) from the box cover of "The Best of G-Force" DVD was ripped off the first episode of Gatchaman II. I was "sniffing around" and happened to haave this episode fall in my hands, and i paused the clip, did a comparison and found this out. Something about Hooty's brighter uniform and helmet color (which was prevelent in the sequels apparently) had been bugging me ever since i first saw the cover.

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Dirk, I believe the same cover art for the "Best of G-Force" was used for the UK "Battle of the Planets - Ultimate Collection." It must be some standard art out there in circulation for companies to use. I'm impressed you figured out where it came from. Are you sure you're not...G-Force?

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Bah, i just search high and low for any Gatchaman or G-Force related material on the net, and come up with few or nothing at all. The Gatchaman II episode i acquired was dubbed in French with no trace of English at all so obviously i quickly rid myself of it. The few Gatchaman episodes out there were all in Japanese,so they were only worth 1 watch (there was a site out there that had episode summaries for some Gatchaman episodes). It's just been a dry season overall for Gatchaman. No news from ADV,still don't have the Anime Network,blah blah blah the usual. :anger2: