Books discussion: The Wheel of Time series

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Ashika, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I just want to find out whose read the series. That way this thread is on the discussion or dislikes/likes and stuff about the series basically. Things you dont nderstand or jjokes, anything. BTW im on the sixth book The Lord of Chaos :D

2. Ashika

I just figured out the eleventh book is coming out in 3 months it seems so if any one else has read it .... i feel sooooo alone they cost $7. People who havnt read the book should try reading them. They are very good science fiction' fantsy books from TOR. the first book is the eye of the world, im sure after the first book youll love them!!!

3. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I've read the first four books twice, and I never got beyond that point. Normally I like epic fantasy, but Robert Jordan's work leaves something to be desired. You know, like a cohesive plot. And decent storytelling. And a reasonably sized cast of characters. And female characters with distinct personality traits (hair style and clothing colors are not personality traits).

At some point (namely, once the series is complete) I might pick the series back up and read it again. However, in order to do that I'll need a fairly large chunk of time I could devote to it, and I'd probably end up skipping parts. Since a lot of the story is recap it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Of course, I'll probably also need to create a character relationship chart as things get more and more complicated.

~Shadrach Anki

4. Ashika

Ahhhh i got the eleventh book! the Knife of dreams. Im now on book nine, Winters Heart. There seems to be alot of changing in the plot, where being taveren isnt a great thing....