Harry Potter Do you like "Harry Potter"?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by me_dreaming_zzz, Mar 11, 2005.

1. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

In the movies, the accents are given emphasis although some think it's unnecessary and others say it's wonderful. As for me, I have an English accent as well, but I'll say it's mild and not like how Emma Watson talks at all. I dislike how words become elongated or however you describe it when they talk while the camera is filming. And saying it's unrealistic is very true. You'll see what I mean if you see interviews and such. As Rokuemon said, not all in Great Britain talks like such. Surely, by saying British accent, it's generally referring to all countries, but Scottish and Welsh accents are entirely different.

And although this has become a thing over the books and movies, I'll say I love both. Even though the movies aren't as informative as the books, I like them still.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Do you like "Harry Potter"? Not really parish the thought. He is after all young.

For the rest I do like the books and movies. I will buy the next book in June the first day it is out. I am addicted to it. Also now X-men. Atleast my addiction can't kill me. Unless it fell on me.

I like the books and how they are written. People have different styles. I accept that. I do like the books more then the movies because they give more information.

The thing I noticed about accents are you don't realize is that everyone has an accent. We all talk differentily unless we are from the same area. We don't really notice until we are around people from different places. Don't get angry. I have an accent different from yours. I don't care neither should you.

With all literature there will be similarites and differences. You can mold them the way you want. I can take Lord of the Rings and find the similitaries between Star wars. Some may not like it. Maybe the world will run out of ideas at some point.

3. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

he he, i didnt mean it in that way :) . And thats why i called the thread Do you like "Harry Potter"? instead of Do you like Harry Potter?I meant the books and movies, not the Harry himself.

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

... it seems the same to me... -_-.
    and blah... i'm REALLY starting to talk like those people!

5. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

It's not the same since by referring to Harry Potter himself would pertain to the character and not the books nor the movies.

6. RemusLupin24

RemusLupin24 New Member

I love the books. I have read books 1-4, 4 times and book 5 2 times the books offer greater detail then the movie I have seen all 3 movies, I love movie 3 the best I alredy have pre bought 2 copies of book 6 witch are to be sent to my house when they come out I perfer the brits cover of the books!

7. RemusLupin24

RemusLupin24 New Member

Book 6 comes out July 16

8. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

If I see it or hear about it I don't go "IT SHOULD DIEEEE", but I am not all "OH MY GOD, IT'S HARRY POTTER" Simply it's ok and I can stand it ;)

9. Ryokos_hellyen

Ryokos_hellyen New Member

love the books love the movies

Emma gets cuter every movie...

10. Fujimiya Aya

Fujimiya Aya New Member

I like the books a lot, though I'm not a gung-ho Harry Potter fan. I didn't really care much for the first two movies, but I really liked and disliked the third. I liked it because it was interesting, but I didn't like it because it was so different from the books. I also didn't like some of the actors they chose for the characters.