Does anyone here have The Anime Network?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I just wanted to know because with the impending flood of all versions of Gatchaman I under one channel (including my nostalgic favorite which hasnt been seen on TV for more than 4 years,G-Force:GoS) this channel has become a definite must for Gatchaman fans. I live in NYC and Time Warner Cable here does NOT have the channel. I hope that they will consider adding right on time for the premiere. The anticipation (and wondering whether ill get to see all this goodness) is killling me! Only source of Gatchaman for me is of course BOTP on Boomerang whose days are numbered in that channel. I wonder how far will they go considering the next set of eps come out at the end of the month. I noticed a little inside joke on last weeks BOTP ep "A Whale Joins G-Force". They named the whale "Nambu",which was pretty clever ;)

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Damn! I see that The Anime Network already has G-Force listed. It really is coming back in the air! But i still dont have the channel! Why must i be tortured so :(

3. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

I know how you feel.....

:D :D :D LOL! I know how you feel, Dirk! I'm dying to get the anime network here. But, I was checking out their website the other day and it does have a whole bunch of new cities listed that are getting it. I can't remember if New York was one of them, though. I couldn't see much after reading "Toronto"!

OK, I don't live in Toronto, but I'm about an hour west (right at the very tip of Lake Ontario) so if Toronto gets it then I can pressure our cable company to get it as well. hehe, I'm almost finished my degree, (English PhD) so the thought occured to me to email them my resume and ask (beg?) for a job!

I can certianly think of worse places to work.......!!! Although I wonder how they're going to deal with the Can-Con Laws here. All tv, radio etc, must have a cetain percentage of Canadian Content. I think it's 15%, but it could more. That's why they'll dump a US based newtwork if they can create a Canadian knock-off version instead. That's why MuchMusic is avaliable on basic cable, but MTV has to be specially ordered and it's only on digital.

But what else do you expect from a country that gets its national identity from a BEER COMMERICAL! Molson Canadian ran a bunch of "I Am Candian" ads and they defined Canada better than anything else. What a country!! LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :D