Music Does anyone here play an Instrument?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sebastien, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

i love music and i can play very well. i can play the flute, clarinet, alto clarinet, piano, piccolo, and the electric guitar.

2. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

I can play most brass instruments that you shove into my mouth to some extent, but my specialty would have to be the Tuba and Baritone. Want to learn how to play a keyboard one day... I don't have the breath support like I used to, ever since I got to college, to play big wind instruments.

3. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

I play with a Key Board. The keys light up and all. It teaches you how to play the song. I hope to go for some lessons soon though. But I enjoy it. It's amazing. I also created my own music for it.

4. Recca Calvnirx

Recca Calvnirx New Member

I play the violin, its fun, but all that practice makes my fingers sore. And my step mom plays the violin and the cello.:catgirl:

1 person likes this.
  5. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

WARNING: disturbingly long list!

BRASS:
    Tuba (HA! I CAN OOM-PAH!)
    Trumpet
    Baritone
    French Horn
    Trombone (sketchy)

WW:
    Soprano Sax
    Alto Sax
    Tenor Sax
    Bari Sax
    Bass Sax
    Clarinet (ugh, but I had to one year)

STRINGS:
    Guitar (REALLY sketchy)

That's why my IM handle is OSUomniPLAYER

6. Sephiroth/)ark~

Sephiroth/)ark~ New Member

For my whole life i have been playing the piano and just reecently the eletric guitar...i have even learned how ot play some Van Halen songs and some Mudvane(Mudvane is very hard to learn belive me).

7. Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker New Member

i can play the clarinet very well. the best in me class:D its a lot of fun. but kinda hard to play for me because i have asthma and it takes some breath for them high notes.:sweat: :sweat2: heh. kinda bad...:sweat:

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I've played the piano for about ten years, but over the past year, i've only been at it every now and then (when nobodies home, I hate practicing/playing when somone is around). My brother has been playing the acustic Guitar for about 17 years and has been helping me out every now and then for over a year. Once finals are over (tomarrow! Yay!) i'm gonna have him show me how to play slide guitar (Cowboy Bebop fans, you remember this one [played mainly in the first episode]).

9. SAN kITTY

SAN kITTY New Member

i do me memememe

hey....:::clears throat::: i play alot...i have been playing guitar for 2 years and have been playing piano ever since i was born my mom brought me up to be a pianist and now i play when i want i write my own songs and when im bored i sing to them nothing much...i play violin but im very rusty....i try here and there but just to look at it is enough to make me sick.....im scared of the violin to tell you the truth.... ever since i was little my violin teachers put me down told me i could never get any wher i tool their advice and gave it up.... well not for long- i still play but not as much. im a singer at heart i love to sing in dif. languages and i love to play dif. insturments...i love new things yet again i love everything.... :catgirl:

10. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

i basicly suck at all instruments.....

in ground school we were forced to play flute or some **** like that and i hate em for it and havent touched one since then

Now im singing in a "band" in the school, ok i aint good but i try... gotta get to the higher tones but I can get a cool "growl" voic atleast

11. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Violin is pretty nuts, that's why I want to master it someday. I started practicing just a few months ago, and I can barely play anything yet. For years I've been wanting to own and play one, and I finally got to buy one for $130.

Plus I wanna be different from everyone else who picks up an instrument. Here in Hawaii, if anyone plays an instrument, it's usually piano, keyboard, guitar, or ukulele. I'm one of the few to get into violin.

One of my roommates is known as our musical friend. He plays ukulele, guitar, drums, metal kazoo (his band's unique instrument), and wants to eventually get into turntablism.

1 person likes this.
  12. Odin

Odin Member

I know what you mean! Around my high school, it seems more than half of the student body can play the guitar. It's like, it's no longer a special thing anymore. I don't know anyone who playes the ukulele, though!
    -Odin

13. cosmos

cosmos New Member

I have played... violin, french horn, and a little bit of piano.
    my current instrument is clarinet. I go to a gifted school for it. In May I graduate from the program. Let me tell you guys, I'll never go professional because of the people. I can't stand most of them!!!

14. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I play the baritone in treble clef, because I started off on trumpet.

15. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

And I had to transpose half his jazz band music.

::sigh::
    Friedly sacrifice and all that I guess...

16. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I PLAY THE HARP!!! :anime:

17. Alakai

Alakai New Member

I play electric guitar and ocarina. I want to make a garage band... heh:dizzy2:

18. Odin

Odin Member

I must honestly say that I don't know anybody other than you, chiquitabanana, that plays the harp.

That's so cool.
    -Odin

19. NoDa

NoDa New Member

Um, I know how to play guitar, Bari sax, Tenor Sax (currently my main sax! and then I got to play a little cowboy bebop, and hopefuly I get to play the soprano. I know a few notes on the Clarinet, and I know a few notes on the flute. I also TRIED to play keyboard during this year, First i tried the Cowboy Bebop The real Folk blues, then I tried the Memory song.
    Um, i know the fingerings for trumpet, but i can't buzz in it, that's only with a big tuba i can buzz. Tried to play alto sax, but it was hard cause well, my air i think was locked on to the tenors, or it was eitehr my miss guided friends fault... it was her sax after all. In some Hawaiian schools they teach strings, but not mine! It really sux. But we sometimes go to the rose bowl. This year i felt out of place... during marching band, i was the youngest there... well, i was the only one from beginning band.

Wish me luck! Tomorrow I'm gonna try out for Jazz band X you fingers
    chiquitabanana: Kudos! You're definatly the first i know to play the Harp! :eek: you're sooooo amazing!!!

20. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

im learning to play the electric guitar well guitar same thing and im getting pretty good but not there yet. :anime: