Music Does anyone here play an Instrument?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sebastien, Jan 29, 2003.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I like this thread. For new members, what instruments do you play? For those who've already replied, have you picked anything else up in terms of instruments lately?

I plan on picking up a piano keyboard when I get a job, after I pay for an apartment, get a car, etc. My studies have taken up my time lately so I haven't practiced piano for a few years now. However, I will start again as playing an instrument is a good stress reliever.

If anyone is interested, here are some websites with video game and anime sheet music:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music.php
    http://www.alphatrance.com/0engine/music/anime/
    http://ichigos.com/

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I started playing the bass last summer, it was something i was wanting to do for a while. While i went to a few lessons and picked up a tiny bit, they were pretty much usless, i don't see the point in try to teach me songs before i know the chords, and at the same time tring to teach me the slap style of bass.
    Since i've started college however, i haven't had much time for practising, and i've pretty much forgot the few things that i used to know. But with college finishing for good in about 3 weeks, i'll have the time to pick it up again (as well as do a few more things).
    One of the first things that i'm going to try to learn apart from the chords is Hell March, the theme from the first C&C Red Alert game, theres a great bass line in that, i also learned a bit of the Super Mario theme during the year, its actually quite easy to play :).

I might record and post a few things when i get better at playing.

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I know what you mean about music lessons. They seemed to only give me a piece of paper saying I passed the different levels. While the songs I played were not overly interesting. I picked up a few FF7 songs, and I'm trying to figure out 'Attack' from Final Fantasy 10 but it's somewhat more complicated than it sounds.

When I start working I'd like to pick up an electric keyboard that can hook up to USB. I'll upload some songs when that happens.

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

MAJOR UPDATE

Guitar. Bass guitar. Banjo. Ukulele :)

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I wanna pick up playing bass.

Otherwise, Piano.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I play the recorder. Do a mad mary had a lil lamb.

Started to play around with a guitar. 3 notes so far.

7. sakura05

sakura05 New Member

i use to play the cleranet

8. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

used to the snare drum never could play a drum set

9. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I got into the electric guitar. Thinking of picking up a bass since i actually have a friend that plays. hrmmm

10. Angelic Hiro

Angelic Hiro New Member

I teach Music Lesson for All Brass instruments, as well as play guitar, very little piano and other miscellaneous instruments....