Does anyone use karma anymore?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by User18, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

I Do I give random Karma.. But I Cant give anymore.. cause.. i already gave some to everyone.. and it keeps telling me to spread it

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

There you go Homie.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

It's up to everyone. Karma's really meant for 'good and/or outstanding posts".

I don't keep track of everyone's posting record, so I give it in that day that the post itself is good.

-Seishin

4. Fushigi Rockna

I use it. Spammers that make retardo posts get the bad karma. If I delete a post from one of my forums that wasn't made by a spambot (cause, ya know, what's the point with spambots?) I'll give bad karma first. Heck, I was actually once accused of being 'trigger happy' with the karma button by a person who I only gave karma to twice (both of it bad karma XD) Hmmmmm...

I reserve good karma for people who make intelligent posts, whether it be about real life issues, or their fandom (cause with all the rapid fans on the interrwebz, I once upon a time being oh so rapid myself till I got my shots, it's nice to see someone who can write about their fandom and elegantly use their brains at the same time =3), people who use reason, and people who are just downright hilarious and come up with the most brilliant things. XD

I forget sometimes to give out the karma tho. XD More so with the good stuff. ^^; It has to be spread out too, which can be a bit of a problem at times. But it's always a nice feature, karma, if you ever come across a post that just makes you go 'wow', whether for the right or wrong reasons.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I give bad karma, quite liberally, to nubcakes and morons and only give good karma to a select few people. Hell, the people I would -normally- give good karma to I could probably count on my fingers, maybe even on just one hand (yeah, I know, surprising I can count that high, isn't it?).

Oftentimes I find myself at a standstill as, since I only find good karma appropriate for a few select people, one of whom doesn't frequent (Meaikoh being that one, as well as Basher, Peachy, Superfly, BMS and if I'm feeling a bit frisky I'll hunt down a post by Baphlesmeister or the likes), so I practice random karma (always good, unless it's a spambot or the likes) and throw it around like candy just to spread it around enough to give it to someone that I have given it to recently.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I was wondering the same thing Super18, convienent question. In fact you were the last one to give me karma, on 6/30/06. lol

I agree with fushigi rockna, the twits that don't know a thing about posting get the bad karma, while intelligent and better post recieve good karma. I try to spread it around, but the only ones that usually deserve it are the active ones, and then it pops up saying " You need the distribute your karma more" and junk. Ill try ^^

2 people like this.
  7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I've had to give certain people bad karma for their trashy language of lack of point to their post.. If you're flaming someone, you're getting bad karma from me. I don't care who you are, it's just wrong to do that.

Good karma, I tend to give it alot to the people who can criticize tastefully. If you can help someone without degrading them, then you're okay in my book.

1 person likes this.
  8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It's hard to say for me. If it told me when I gave the karma out it would be nice. Cause I keep getting that need to spread more karma. I thought I spread it enough.

Believe it or not I don't give out enough bad karma. I usually give it out for spam, flamming, and replying to spam bots.