Domestic release question

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Sovin Ndore, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Sovin Ndore

Sovin Ndore New Member

Okay, Love hina anime consits of:

25 episodes TV
    2 specials
    3 episodes OVA
    and, questionably, Final Selection

Correct?

Well the Love Hina US distribution is six DVD's with what looks like it is going to have a total of 24 episodes. They are missing one arent they? Does anyone know about this? I also know they have plans for a domestic release of the x'mas special. Are they also working on the Spring special?

On a different note, the OVA was produced by a different group, I believe, does bandai also have rights to distribute the OVA under the same license? Any info would be appreciated.

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Hmm. I dont think they would cut an episode out, the collectors would shriek and boycott.

Rather, they'll pull an ADV and include an extra episode on a DVD or something...

As for the OVA, I've no idea.

3. ppv_14

ppv_14 New Member

Episode 25-the story of Motoko's sister was an "extra" on the last dvd meaning you had to get the dvd to see it i.e. It wasn't shown with the rest of the series.
    I have everything out now finally except for Final Selction which every copy i can get is unsubbed

Sad as it may seem i used Kazza to get these and plan on getting rid of the episodes as i buy each dvd.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Why is it sad? They're distributed as long as you buy the anime as it comes out in the states. Read them disclaimers?

Anyway, I heard Final Selection has nothin' to do with the Story of LH anyway. But, whatever. And yeah, Motoko's episode was an extra. Or the continuation which the producers and junk didn't bother to continue. It'll be the special on one DVD or another, don't be too worried.

5. Sovin Ndore

Sovin Ndore New Member

Okay, to answer my own question . . .

Episode 25 was the beggining of a second season that was never continued or aired (or so I have been told). Yes I know that Final selection is fairly useless and not part of the plot (it is a recap and concert, I know, I own a copy).

Now, does anyone have an answer about the OVA?

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

http://www.tokidokijournal.com/issues/animeexpo/

There, info from this years anime expo says that Bandai is "trying to get the licensing to Love Hina Again and the Spring Special". It also says that they should have the Christmas Special released by the time the holidays roll around. Granted, this news is a couple months old...but Bandai's anime news site seems to be down for the moment. I'll get back to you when I get information from Bandai themselves. :D

7. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Bandai? OH NO!

If they do what they did with Saber Marionette JtoX i think we won't see "Love Hina Again" in about a year. :/