Dragon Ball Z: The Uncut Episodes

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Kaiyon, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Now, DBZ used to have a lot of fans over here, but its lost many since they took it off the air. So their new tactic is to release the episodes again on DVD, but totally Uncut. As it should have been. For Example, Master Roshi now drinks beer instead of unexplicably foamy water.

And when Goku dies and falls off the sankeway thing, no more "home for infinite loser"..aka: HFIL. Instead he will be going to h-e-double hockey sticks. Yes, he will. And a numerous number of other extra unedited stuff.

Plus I hear they re-voice acted the first episodes since they really werent acted by the new staff of voices

But, my question is this, does anybody have any information on when these will be released?

-K

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The first DVD comes out in the beggining of april. But to tell you the truth, i smell i big rip-off....Why? Because, even thought they have all that bloody gory goodness that they didn't show on the US release, most of us anime buyers like to look at the price of the DVD's. Why do i say this? Because each DBZ Unctud DVD will be pricing at U.S. $39.99 (plus tax). So, let's think this over eh? Is it really worth it? In my opinion, no. I'd rather just not watch it than pay 40 bucks for 4 episodes.

-Seishin

PS:The $40 price for the DVD was put on Anime Insider in the April/May issue

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

'Twould be nice to see the original version, but Seishin's right. It's too expensive. Maybe if they released it in box sets of 50 episodes each for $30 or something. The show simply isn't worth that much.

They re-dubbed the first episodes? Why? Those episodes had the best voice actors of the whole lot! I liked the first few episodes when they had those voices. (Actually, the series was pretty good up until the beginning of the battle with Frieza) Good enough, in fact, that I may even consider purchasing a few of those DVDs, just to recapture the best moments.

I think it's still on air in Canada. But I haven't turned my TV on in weeks, except to watch DVDs or play games, so I wouldn't know.

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Friday at 8:30 on YTV, eh?

If I had a job I would buy those DVDs in a second. Considering that the fans who started out when those first episodes were shown are now at the working age, I think they might make money off of it. But, I agree, they really do overcharge for anime.

The voices at the beginning were great, really they should redo the voices for the parts where the new voice actors first came in. It took them a while to get it right..

5. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

you would be crazy to buy those dvd's at that price. i got a friends who's got most of them on tape and the rest on dvd so i ownt be buying them, but if i did, i wouldnt pay any more than $25, maybe $30. thats it.

6. monkiki_ba

monkiki_ba New Member

well, at least now they have the uncut version out on tv. much more enjoyable then the edited version, i'd say. [along with everyone else.]

7. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

I think they cancelled Uncut already, they are being re-played on Toonami.

8. sakura05

sakura05 New Member

i think that the uncut episodes was funny because the fact was theywas aloud to cuss

9. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

So that how they were funny? :confused: