Dragonball live action movie

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by luvweaver, Feb 24, 2003.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

2. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

Too late. Japan has ALREADY made a live-action of Dragon Ball. I forgot the specifics, but from what I remember, when the movie was translated and sold on video in the US, the names of the dragon balls were changed to dragon pearls, if I'm not mistaken.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

That one is called Dragonball: The Magic Begins. And the dragonball looks like a clear flat stone. Rather horrible really.

The splurg of Live Action Movies make me wonder. Avatar better be good. Trigun should.

They have the cast and are now shooting the film.

It's called Dragonball.

Stars:
    Justin Chatwin as Goku, the hero of the film
    James Marsters as Piccolo: The antagonist of the film.
    Jamie Chung as Chi-Chi: Goku's love interest.
    Emmy Rossum as Bulma: She aids Goku after her father's Dragonball is stolen by Piccolo.
    Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi: Goku's mentor.
    Joon Park as Yamcha.
    Eriko Tamura as Mai.

It should be better then the other one. Maybe they will throw some money into it.

Here is a trailer thats semi fake, I think.

[YOUTUBE]mlOqy2t7mmw[/YOUTUBE]

The story follows Goku against Piccolo for the qwest of the dragonballs. At least it shows the faces of some of the characters.

Teaser trailer
    [YOUTUBE]K8frPH3WJV0[/YOUTUBE]

fan one better idea what they may look like
    [YOUTUBE]OQ_2vazuM_A[/YOUTUBE]

Don't know what to think. Dragonball Live Action....blah...let it end.

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

lol deep impact massive rip off lol

5. Basher

Why I wasn't sure if it was real or not.

But it atleast is in idea....

6. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

What a load of laughs!!! Well, as to a Dragon Ball live action movie, I've have actually seen one in my day, it's been years since I watched it. It's a Chinese adaptation of Dragon Ball, Gokou was still a young boy in that movie, it's when he first met Bulma, but the interesting thing about it is that the characters names are changed, the Dragon Balls were called Dragon Pearls and they look like balls made up of clear glass and the stars are white. The very funny bit is that the guy who played the Turtle Ginie really look like Master Butan. I'm not sure, maybe it's the same movie Basher was talking about.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Don't forget that Stephen Chow (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle) is at the helm. Being very adept at the over-the-top-cheese-effects and comedy, he may well be the best choice to translate the anime to live action.

I highly doubt this will be a movie that will take itself seriously. It should be entertaining in a so-bad-it's-good way, but any Dragonball aficionado will probably end up disgusted.

The youtube trailers are all fan creations (the first yoinked their text from the spider-man 3 trailer..."The real battle lies within").

8. Basher

Some of the images look so real...but it is way to early.

Spike as Picollo. I like that.

And b-tuvs yeah that was the Dragonball: The Magic Begins.

Dragonball is the american made live action one being made now.

9. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Live action isnt a bad idea if done properly. I could just about name every movie that was involved with that trailer. Definately fan made, but I still hold to my opinion.

10. Basher

It says it will be in theaters August 15, 2008.

It will probably change.

The movie Dragonball: The Magic Begins is released as Dragon Ball - Ultimate Edition. It got released last October.

11. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

Hmmm I wonder if this moive will go really well from so far about what I've seen it's heading downward really quick maybe they shouldn't make dragonball a live movie.Now they might if they had really good special affects to actually make exactly like the dragonball anime.Oh well this maybe a good laugh or something good to look at.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

A little under 8 months to go!

Here's a very well done fan teaser:
    [youtube]9L__-uEbTI4[/youtube]

13. Basher

Nice fan made. No real trailer yet?

14. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Almost all of the videos in this thread are dead, so I'm not sure if this particular one has been posted before. Seems from cast postings it's probably been mentioned.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/dragonball/teaser-trailer

I've chosen not to take this movie seriously at all instead of getting too involved in hating it, but I will see it with a couple other people. I'm planning to be very vocal and laugh a lot, and hopefully near the end of the film, ask loudly which one was Goku [​IMG] I hope I won't be disrupting anyone who's seriously enjoying it, though. :sweat:

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

*massive sigh* oh lord...... OHHHH Lord.... this willl be fail... almost as bad as Fast and Furious 4. only worse (HOLY **** THATS POSSIBLE?!) sorry xD

16. Basher

There was a 4?

After tokyo drift right?

17. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

It's a sad sad news... How could they ruin a legend!? Are they mocking the DB fans with this piece of crap? I'm afraid this movie won't do so much at the box office, like the Speed Racer movie... It's just sad... So sad that it makes me wanna break down in tears :(

18. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

It has definitely been a while but better late than never I suppose. Well yall have asked for it and here it is...the official movie trailer. The trailer really deters you from wanting to see it but as a fan, I will go and see it anyways. Ladies and gentleman, enjoy...if you can.

DRAGONBALL MOVIE TRAILER

19. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

What the hell was Chow Yun-Fat thinking?

~W

:Edit: Something to remember-

This is NOT dbZ. Just DB, which would explain the scrawny Goku... But in DB Goku was a kid, not some white guy in his early twenties. It looks like they forwent making the characters look like their animated counterparts, with the exception of Goku's hair, which is the only thing that even looks like something from DB (except, of course, the DBs themselves).They didn't change Chow Yun-Fat into Master Roshi because they wanted to keep his image for publicity reasons. The rest of the cast, fails. Rice Rocket in Dragon Ball, Fails. Piccolo, Fails. I foresee this movie ending up on the Nostalgia Critic's site.