Dragonball Z Budokai 2

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by zero35, Dec 9, 2003.

1. zero35

zero35 New Member

Hey has anyone played Dragonball Z Budokai 2?
    I've just played it and it is a lot different from the fist one.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I opened one up at work (Best Buy) so people could play it on the TVs we had set up. Looks pretty awesome, especially the fluidity of all the characters. I'm probably going to try it on out today, just because. The only thing I have a slight problem with is the fact that it's REAAAAAAAALLY cel-shaded. Like, they kinda overdid it by combining a lot of detail with cel-shading. Looks odd. But, easily overlooked!

3. The_bounty_fry

The_bounty_fry New Member

Well, I've played it and I thought it was an improvement... But you know it is another DBZ Title. Great, then It's Good, and then It's just a coaster for your Pepsi.

4. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

I want to get this game b/c i have the first... i want all the games no matter how suck the graphics are.. and ya know what i mean.. But can you explain a bit better how it goes. What is like the main theme? Is it like when you play the first and you go thru when Gokuus brother Raditz gets to earth all the way to freeza or whatever. (thats how far I got, frankly I havent passed it b/c i dont even know how to get those other chartacters :S) what goes on. What characters are in the game? What are their popwers like? Are they more better than the first game? any more women fighters? that would be great if chichi or like videl and pan were in it? DIsh out more details. :)
    If no one doesnt want to know, dont read :D thanks :catgirl:

2 people like this.
  5. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

Actually Videl is in it. You can see her being beat up by Saiyaman in the TV commercial. As for me, I loved the game. I rented it for a week and got as afar as Kid Buu in Dragonworld. I didn't think they'd be able to make a fighting game that could accomadate battles as great the ones in DBZ, but they did a really good job. Raising Ki levels, combos, special moves, and even taking someone and hurling them into a skyscraper. Good game, take a look

6. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

For the first and second do you have to play it on hard to get the other players? and to be able to fight in the hardest erm ... what is it oh tournament?

7. UncommonCalibur

UncommonCalibur New Member

This is a wonderful game. Its not as fuid as Soul Calibur II but great non-the-less. I think the fighting and graphics have improved over the last game.

No, you dont have to beat it on certain difficulty levels to get certain characters. You need to beat certain characters with other certain characters in dragon world. This isnt really an advertisement, but go to www.gamefaq.com for a full run through, moves list, and character guides. Thats how I ulocked the last few characters I couldnt seem to get.

8. Kenji

Kenji New Member

I just got it too, the grafix make x box look like a joke, so the conclution, needs some broily action. Broly would be a good adition to the game, I like the fact that all of the charaters exept cell, nappa, freeza, radits, racoom,kid buu ,and fat buu, transform or change. What would be fun would be all sayans go ssj4, now that would get some mager atention.

9. DBGalaxy

DBGalaxy New Member

Budokai 2 rocks!

'Loved this game! They got all the Funimation voice actors for the conversations.

The super saiyan transformations of Goku and Vegeta are very realistic. It's really cool when Goku finally gains the power to become super saiyan 3 and he gets the long hair.

[​IMG]

10. UncommonCalibur

UncommonCalibur New Member

You seem surprised about Vegeto (goku+vegeta) and super saiyan 3 Goku. Have you ever seen the show because they're not new. But I agree with you, it was all done very well.

11. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I played it it's awsome. You'll like it.

12. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I got to play this at a friend's house, and I absolutely sucked at it. Every single character I tried to play as was killed within about a five second timespan, until I tried Kid Trunks. I won at least twenty rounds with that guy :D

But yeah, the game was pretty good. I think the graphics were loads better this time around.

13. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Okay, Kenji, Whatever you say.... :p
    This is Dragon Ball Z, Not DBGT Kenji. Remember that old PSone DBGT game? We would NEVER want another of those.

14. Kenji

Kenji New Member

in my opinion, atari makes better games than bandai, so what you just sayd was completly a waste of breath or (words) Final Bout sux, on the other hand Dragon Ball Z Ledgends is awsome!! And this...
    V
    V
    so imature -_-....

15. Dante

Dante New Member

I just have to say... "mager atention"? What are you, four?

Aaaaanyways... I played this a while back over a friend's place, there were like six of us and we took turns playing games and such. Well, this game didn't last too long. :p I think only three of us ended up playing it (I played it once and said **** it and went to play pool with another friend) and two others stayed and played it. About ten minutes later we tossed the game aside and switched to a much better game: Soul Calibur 2.

And I'll just be nice and ignore the comment about the graphics (or, as Kenji put them, "grafix"). Not that I'm a big X-Box enthusiast, but this was nothing really impressive and Gungrave had better cel-shading.

Over-all, poor game and just all around annoying.