DragonBall Z versus Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by BitzKrieg, Jul 4, 2001.

1. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

Ok u might have had this topic before if not let me fill u in:

Sonic the hedgehog (very popular game series) and DragonBall Z (popular anime series) are very similer. confused??? let me explain.

We have sonic the hedgehog 10 years running 7 major games plus loads of side games on handhelds etc etc.

In it theres sonic the hedgehog the hero fighting Dr Robotnik the vilian. The main point of the game is to defeat the bad guy but.... To really beat him Sonic must get 7 chaos emaralds to become super sonic (a powerfull yellow firey sonic) and defeat him. (sadly in the first game this was not possible because he could only get 6 chaos emaralds)

Thats the first 2 games.

Now DBZ first 2 sagas i have seen:
    Goku a powerfull cyan (hero) must face vegeta and napa (bad cyans villians) To defeat them he must become powefull and get all 7 dragonballs and train real hard to get his friends back. In the second saga he has to get another 7 dragonballs and become a Super cyan which makes him also go all yellow firey powerfull.

So far the links r:
    Hero goes yellow with power.
    7 magical items to get.

THATS NOT ALL

In sonic3 and sonic and knuckles sonic goes to the floating island to find 7 more emaralds which he has to face robotnik again and knuckles over. with these emarlads combined with others sonic becomes HYPER sonic which is like the better cyans goku becomes.

-floating island equivalent to namec homeworld 7 more dragonballs
    -knuckles is like picalo in the way he doesnt get along with sonic too well but fights with him (originally against him)

Theres more.....

In sonic CD

Sonic faces a cyborg which is as powerfull as him called metalix this game involves tme travelling and and fighting more robot armies. ike cell saga with time travel and cell the cyborg.

-Metalix sonic equivelent of Cell
    -time travel like in dbz
    -also annoying girlfriend who continously bugs hero.

Theres more in side games and others so far i have put a character from each sonic game with one from DBZ

sonic -goku
    tails -gohan
    knuckles -picalo
    shadow -Vegeta
    Chichi (spelt??) -Amy
    E102 -android 16
    BIg -like tha fat guy (cant remember name)

theres also sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 out of this we get ShaDow a darker version of sonic who looks to be like vegeta (havnt played SA2 yet) We also see e102 who is like android 16 in tha he isint really bad. and Big the cat who really doesnt want to fight like tha fat guy from DBZ

I see the similarities r very close but my question is WHO CAME FIRST THE HEDGEHOG OR THE CYAN???????????????????

------------------
    TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI

i think i might like tenchi

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Sonic and DBZ aren't the only series with shiny yellow superheroes. Have you played Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64? Goemon does that, too.
    Good call on the comparisons.

------------------
    DM the GM

3. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

It isint just the yellowy super modes its how the stories an all go and how they feel similer in other areas too

------------------
    TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI

i think i might like tenchi

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Tenchi the anime?
    or Tenchi the character..cuz you wouldnt be the first..Ryoko would kick your...

[​IMG]

didnt know bout the Sonic stuff, but the similarities are astounding..
    I think there should be a thread on just coming up with anime comparisons, ne?

5. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

The Anime lots of fun i luv it to bits (strange when asked why i can never give a answer)

Oh on the sonic thing i forgot to add that i perfer sonic to DBZ because its more fun and quicker then sbz and some of the fight scenes r better (its a damn game)

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Sonic was cool back in the Genesis days, but now even Super Mario is losing popularity. The industry has moved past the days of a company thriving on a single mascot. Look a Squaresoft. All they have is the Chocobo, and the games starring it all suck. And what kind of fight scenes are in Sonic games? You jump on a robot, he pops, and then a little furry alien runs away (woo-freakin'-hoo). Or is it when you find a pattern-based boss and keep jumping on his head Mario-style until he blows up?

Besides, Sega is DYING! Sonic has met his end.

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 07-04-2001).]