Art Drawing Kimono, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Suzu, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Are there any other tutorial site beside this that offer some tutorials on how to draw a kimono?

What is the male's japenese dress called? the one that is like what Kenshin wears in the anime?
    :dizzy2:

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, no one's answerin'...so lemme try and field this. What Kenshin's wearin' is called a hakama. It's pretty much used these days as what you wear under kendo gear. It's a billowy skirted pant...much like M.C. Hammers, but does not taper back in. And a top that functions much like a yukata, light but large. Motoko wears one in Love Hina. Hino Rei wears one in SailorMoon. Kuno Tatewaki wears one in Ranma. The first two are red and white while Kuno's is black and blue. Of course, Kenshin's is fuschia (???) and white. I think it comes in three layers, with the first serving as "underwear" and the other two consisting of the pant and gi. I'm pretty much pulling this outta my keyster here...cuz I've heard this stuff a while back.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Thanx Izzy Izumi :)!!! Hmm maybe the best way to practice drawing a hakama is by either finding picutres of the character you mentioned or possibly searching the net for more info about japanses dress.. :) thank you very much :D!!!!