eagleclaw is off in the sunset

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Mar 23, 2004.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

hey my battle fans i am so happy that our long awaited series is coming back home to tv where it should belong i am greatful to be a huge fan, i just want all my battle fans and supported to no that my work here is finish, we complished everything we could to bring back our battle series, and i am looking foward to seeing the knew series in the spring of next year, i was telling phil oldhm that the guy who i think would be the best voice of zaltor is victor wong, he played in the three ninjas and big trouble in little china he sounds exactly like the late keye luke he would be a great addition for the knew series, but getting back to me, i want to thank everybody for expecting and allowing me to be apart of the battle anime, we did it after pusing sfe to get battle shown we did it, i did not carry the burden alone you all helped me, what more can we do, i did my part, since battle will be on boomerang i wonder how long it will be on, you all are cool in my book and know it is time for ec to head off in to the sunset peace my battle fans

2. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Going? Already? Before the New Series??

(Quick, somebody sit upon Eagleclaw before they escape!)

3. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

*Elvin promptly leaps upon Eagleclaw, squashing him*

Ahem...and just where do you think you're going? I do believe that you will just stay here and celebrate with the rest of us both when the old series reshows and the new series comes out. Right? Right.

4. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

my job is done

my job is done we did what we had to do right so what more can we do we got the series bnack on right, can't i go offinto the sunset in peace, how does the rest of the batle fans feel

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Well, I guess you could if you wanted. But why? Don't you want to hang on and discuss the memories that watching the older series brings back? Don't you want to talk about the differences and changes that will be in the new series? That's when the boards are going to be really active with people discussing their favorite show. To leave now would sort of like winning the lottery, but not celebrating or getting all the money you won. Being able to see (or read) the pleasure of people being able to see the show again is part of the reward of working so hard.

I hope you stay. When the shows air, it'll be great talking with everyone about it. I hope you're one of them, especially since I need someone telling me all about it since I don't have cable. ^_^

Elvin

6. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

My thoughts exactly.

And Im not even on the same planet as you...so I wont be watching it

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Why would you want to leave now, Phil? :confused: The party is just getting started! :D

8. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

my decision

hey i am very flattered that you all want ec to stay but my work here is finishes like i said before we made progress its just like the great players who play profassional sports and once they get a championship they move on, into the sunset because they have accomplishe what they wanted to do, as a huge fan we fought voiced our opioion to get sandy frank to get battle back on the air because it has been off too long and know that we finally one and proved our point what else is there to do, i came to this web site not only to voice my favorite cartoon but to get the support to get it back on, i no how much you all want me to say, but what is there left for me to do but go off into the sunset, i no the part has started but you fans enjoy it it was you all who made it possible because of your patience time and determernation the celebration and the party should be in your honor peace ec!

9. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I don't get it, but OK.

Peace, man.

10. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

let me explain

based on what i said pertainning to the quote what else is there to do we did it we got our long awaited series back on that is what i meant but do not worry i'll be with you all in spirit EC signing off

11. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Gaah! Just when things are hotting up! What a perverse attitude!! We want your opinions on other pinions, and to greet the new fans who will be a joining us (Im too fierce for that, as you know) also comment on the new merch.

What about the new stuff for next years, and any future comics??

COME ON!!

Its not like we are the clubhouse where you will be treated of pages and pages of wittering on about reproduction...(shudders) We `do` talk about BOTP here, even Gatch sometimes too

12. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

i can tell

i can tell that neither one of you want ec to leave so fast i am i that important to the battle fans, if you all like which will make you feel better i will sat for the party and after the party i can depart :anime:

13. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Why go at all? As I said, we have a long way to go yet...

When I started in 98 There was nothing, BOTP was dead and hardly anyone had heard of Gatch. No comics and no merch save vintage stuff. We sat around, telling stories to keep our dream alive.

None of us ever visualised it would make a comeback.

But it has and theres been new stuff and we are promised more

(you was there then, werent you commander Mark?)

14. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Oh yes, I sure was. In fact, I helped get this board "out there," so to speak. The only hope I had way back when that we would see Battle of the Planets again was if some of the people who were kids when I was a kid who loved the show as well did something about it. That's exactly what happened, and the movement grew!

15. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Thought so!

I myself have written letters to SF, Tatsunoko and Rhino regarding subbed Gatch availibility....

Back when I began, only way you could see BOTP was to go out to the Crab Nebula and get a pirate...

...and find out that Spec VCRS are different to ours...

16. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

I agree with Melek. Why go at all? There have been BotP fandoms around for half of forever. Gatch is 30 years old, and new internet groups are still popping up. Now that something is actually *happening*, I would think that there would be even more reason to stick around. I'm glad that you're staying for a while. Hopefully it will convince you to stay even longer.

Elvin

17. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Humble Opinion

Hey Eagle Claw,

I have to admit, your posts did fill in a lot of gaps as far as BOP knowledge. I am a fan of many moons much like Mark. I remember racing home from school to catch the latest adventures of our heros. I think it would be a great lose to this forum if you decided to leave the group. You may not need to post as much as you do now, but your opinion and comments are still very much welcomed to all the loyal BOP fans here at M2A.

Victor

18. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

do i mean that much to this website

i love all my battle fans but do i really mean that much to you all, i guess you are not gong to let me leave here quaitly huh even though i have completed my mission right

19. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Hey EC,

Remember that the big missions never really have an ending, just different obsticles that pop up at different times.

Victor