eagleclaw will say goodbye

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jun 14, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

another email from sfe

Boomerang cannot afford to pay for the new series only the old.

Phil

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Boomerang

I wish we had Boomerang on our basic cable service, because I love classic cartoons. They're going to air, or already have aired, a Superfriends marathon. We have the channel available on our digital cable service, but the price for that in my area is ridiculous. But, if Boomerang does indeed pick up the original "Battle of the Planets," I may just have to get it!

Mark

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the dish is better

i have direct tv so i might get the chance to see it if it ever airs, you should try to change your cable to direct tv if you have a radio shack they might can plug you in or circles city, either one is good. i thought that sandy frank was trying to get the new series on cartoonnetwork , but i guess things have change. he told me that if boomerang does air the original series that it would be digital restored so rhino must be working on the series really hard, who knows. i was kind of shock when SFE sent me those emails. because i personally thought that the networks where not going to take the original series because it was to old, but if boomerang is willing to air the original i can dig it, but i pray that they do not put g-force guardians of space on i would be sick if i saw that again

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

My guess is G-Force: GoS is dead for good. Let's hope so!

From the e-mails I received from SFE, it sounds like they are trying to pitch the old series on Boomerang and the new series on The Cartoon Network, which are both part of the same company.

Mark

5. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

what do you think about that seeing the old and new series

tell me what do you think about that showing the old and new series on the seprate networks, i think that is cool, besides battle should be on boomerang because that is mostly where the classics are. but i wonder what are they going to do with the original series because to me they have to try to at lest add some new animation to it, like they are doing with the new series who knows but that is all good.

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Well, I don't completely understand the logic of having both shows on at the same time, because 32 episodes of the new series will be taken from the old series and re-scripted. That could be very confusing to people who have never seen it before.

7. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

both series

you are right that is kind of confusing, but according to SFE they said that new series could not be on boomerang because they could not offord to get it which is why they might take a chance on picking up the original version. and according to airing both the original and the new series it realy depends on the episode collection they choose or select from the 32 that was never shown. however i had the tape in my house somewhere where jason dies but that is in the original gatchaman episodes. well in the original version every body who grew up watching the series will remember the voice of casey, janet, ronnie alan and the rest of the cast, as for the new series we will just have to waite and see how everything which will be very intrested. from te emails that you got from SFE what did he say about what they are trying to do come this fall plays out.

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

You are I are probably getting the same information from SFE, but just last week Phil was still saying things were looking good with The Cartoon Nework, which makes me believe the new show will pop up there. I need to ask if the timing of these negociations will delay the debut of the series. Right now, they have only done one episode. Sounds like it may be like the original in 1978, when the series was picked up at the very last moment.

As you know, they have also said that the sound bites of the original cast will be in the beginning of the new show, so that makes me believe the new cast has very similar voices as the old...or at least they make it sound almost the same. I just hope the voice acting is just as good. You can't do much better than they did on the original, but as we saw with G-Force: GoS, you can do MUCH MUCH worse!!!

Mark

9. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the series

it looks like we both have been getting the same info, but if the new series will be on cartoonnetwork, then they should just leave the original one a lone and focus on the new ones but i guess they want to put the original version on there sister network boomerang, from what i heard from the email that he sent me. ihope they don't but if they want too more power to them i cannot complain bussiness is business

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I agree with you!

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

question

one question why is it that cartoonnetwork wants there sister network boomerang to carry the original series they should just leave the whale enough alone the series is old finish history, but who knows maybe they might pick it up anyway because of the new series.

12. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

in the new series i wonder if we are going to tiny with the team more often

i like g5 alot and i want to no is he going to see more action in the new series instead of flying the ship.

13. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

messages from SFE

The original version is as you remember it from 25 years ago.

Phil

Phil,

We are still waiting to hear back from the CARTOON NETWORK Channel about our BATTLE feature (based on original series) and re the original series on Boomerang.

Rhino will continue to release the original episodes. Warner home video may do new BATTLE features.

Phil

14. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

Hi. Have you heard anything else on whether Cartoon Network is picking up the new show or not ?

I have the 6 volumes of BotP dvds that came out a while back. Have not seen any more come out yet. Any news on when and how often Rhino will release the rest of the series ?

Please update me ? Thanks.