Easter Egg Contest!!

Discussion in 'News' started by BakaMattSu, Mar 27, 2002.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If I'm not around this weekend to post so myself, I'd like to first say this now: Happy Easter to all you guys out there!

Now, that said, I have a little present for you (if you can call it that ;))... An M2A Easter Egg Hunt! Yes, I've scoured through the boards and dropped a special little egg of my own in each and every of our little forums, just for the fun of finding what you can...They look like this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To help you out, since we have soooo many posts (more than 13,000!), I've also dropped a clue to the whereabouts of each one. Some are far easier to find than others, I may add. You, of course, are free to use any methods you wish to find these little treasures...I will point out that you may need to view some moldy old posts to find a bunch of these, and as you're flipping through, don't hesitate to read up on any subjects that catch your attention. Just because a post is old, it doesn't mean it's not alive...or interesting for that matter! Another useful tool to make use of may also be "Search"... but use caution. Most of my hints aren't direct quotes (but some are)...

Here's how it works. Read thru my clues below, and search through the boards here at M2A for an egg that matches any of those above. When you find it, copy and paste the page's link from your web browser into a text file. When you're finished hunting, send off that text file to me, the Baka in charge of the contest at bakamattsu@mangatoanime. For every correct link you send, you'll score points based on the difficulty. Make sure you are completely done hunting, as only your first entry will count for scoring. Also, please be sure to include your member name.

April 10th is the final day for hopeful hunters, and is marked on our very own community calendar for reminder. In the event of a tie score, however, the entry received the soonest will be announced winner. Of course, you can also try and find a few eggs in your favorite forums, just for fun...

As for some kind of prize, I'm open to suggestion. ;)

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The Easy Eggs ( 5 points each )

These eggs are pretty simple to find, and you might even run into them without even trying! Generally, these eggs are in our lesser used forums, or the clues are dead giveaways...

Battle Angel Alita
    You'd likely wear this on your wedding day if you were the bride.

Berserk
    Quick! Who can name off the titles of all 25 episodes of Berserk?

Cowboy Bebop
    How can you call it Bell Peppers with Beef, when there's no beef in it?

Excel Saga
    Not many replies.

Fushigi Yuugi/Ayashi No Ceres
    Would somebody please tell Heero what Fushigi Yuugi is all about?

Macross/Robotech
    Hmm...three threads. I don't think you really need a hint.

Misc
    This egg is hidden in our most popular topic here at M2A.

Slayers Universe
    That Mr.T is helluva tough!

Ulysses 31
    Hmm....try clicking on the first post you see...you've got a good chance of seeing an egg.

Wastebasket
    "Yer Garbage Speaks"

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

So-So Eggs ( 10 points each )

These eggs may be in a bigger forum, the clues may be a little trickier, but in a sense, you should be able to get most of them if you're tyring...

Card Captor Sakura
    Card Captors? Ewwwww! (Just Zanshi's opinion, though)

Dragonball Z
    Presenting, Zub-Sero, the Spam Lord...Is there a mod in the house?

Eirtaku
    Cloud's a Recca Fan, no kidding.

Fiction/Writing
    10,000 Needles.

Gasaraki
    Another topic from the topic killer.

Inu-Yasha
    Sega has ten systems!

Serial Experiments Lain
    Fact: Golf kills.

Nadesico
    Where you can find specs for all the Geks.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
    In other words, please be true...In other words, Ba-ka-Matt-Su!

Ranma 1/2
    Huh? Why do people change into things when they get wet?

Reviews
    LET'S BE ONION BOYS!

Role-Playing Games
    That guy! lays down the law.

Sailor Moon
    If I were a scout, it seems I'd be Venus!

Trigun
    Cloud's a psychic, too!

Video Games
    Would you believe that the most popular poll option was originally left out?

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Difficult Eggs ( 15 points each )

From the suggestive title, these eggs should be harder to track down. Either lost in a sea of large threads or hidden by obscure references you may not be able to pick up on unless you've bene around here for some time. Don't be surprised if you pull some hair out not finding some of 'em.

Anime
    My very first post ever here at M2A. [Edit: An extra bit of trivia...it was the 40th post ever made here at m2a! :)]

Art/Design
    Zanza's one and only obsession.

Battle of the Planets
    Q educates us early members on the subject of Gatchaman.

FLCL
    Seven Samurai? I though this board was FLCL?

Gundam
    That guy! claims he changes his Avatar every hundred posts. I'm pretty sure that's true, as well.

Japanese
    "The Japanese word for 'you', for example, when written in Kanji translates to 'I hope a monkey scratches your face off'."

Love Hina
    MamiyaOtaru celebrates his hundredth post. Thankfully, back then, nobody threw confetti. [Edit: ...or big bags of rice, or eggs, etc...]

Movies
    Who is the Alice character, anyway?

Music
    17'5 1n 7h3 l337357 70p1c 0n 743 b04rdz!

Newbies
    Guess what! ArchAngel Amada likes waffles!

News
    Too late, air. It seems its gotten a bit mental.

Rurouni Kenshin
    All your eggs are belong to Seraphim.

Saber Marionette
    The very first appearance of the organization known as SFPCAHM ("Spiff-Cam")

Subs/Dubs
    Yup, I've been ranting about J to X for as long as I can remember...

Tenchi Muyo!
    Washu, Anime Goddess.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

did you hide any more eggs anywhere? ;)

6. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

im tired of looking :(

7. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Say Matt,I noticed that *_ToOmaA_*'s listing was incomplete. Are you going to post the complete list of correct answers?

InuYasha - I found the Spiff-cam referenece and "Sega has ten systems!" bit pretty quickly,but then got bored...

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually, Ser, as I had said, I hid an egg in each forum...so you'll notice I gave no hints for the Sailor Moon and Manga forums....special eggs which actually nobody sent in...:p

No hints given...anyone care to give it a shot and find them? :D

Inu...all the listings above are now linked to their respective posts...so if you're stumped, or just curious to see where some of the hints came from, all it takes is a click...