Creative Writing Editors

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Basher, May 7, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Being this is a part of writting I'll post it here.

For those who are willing to edit and are able too, post here. An editor is definitely needed to make a story better.

Editors check spelling, grammar, and punctuation. They also pick apart a story, poem, or etc to make it better. They look at wither a part needs to be more descriptive. Or if a part feels too rushed. Wither or not a writter uses what they say is up to the writter. It is best to have an unbiased opinion though.

I am willing to edit members work. Are their any others?

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Well, i'm not much on it. I have went back and sent pm's to those who had alot of grammer mistakes. I'll be one if you want.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Since I'm curious to see how it is, I'd like to see a sample of how it's going to work, though you're probably gonna hate me for loosing the actual file :D

Fate of the Curses

You wanted work? You got it!:p

-Seishin

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

This is part of creative writing? You can count me in.

~W

5. Basher

It's for members who would like their work editted very needed part in creative writting. Good good.

And Seishin it may take some time for yours. As far as spelling goes. I use a spell checker. I did have a question on a few things.

[edit]Added in something I forgot.

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

7. Basher

Well Alchemy_Dude I did chapter 1. Grammar those far. I want to review a few things. Give me a little more time.

I personnal think editting is needed. It is up to BB if she always this thread.

I wanted an editor anyway mainly because all my RL buddies are biased. They think all my work is great which I personnal can't agree on.

Hehe wert I will be using you. :p :D

Anyone who wants me to edit their work send me an email at silverpedal@hotmail.com

Let me know who you are in a PM though only once.

8. Alchemy_Dude

WEll, just keep on readin'. I want some more readers, even if you don't edit it. Plus, check out my other fanfics, they're VERY different.

9. Fushigi Rockna

Editors are also called betas. =D

I think beta sounds cooler. =D

Perosnally these are processes i prefer to go other through MSN messenger, so the editor/beta can bring up stuff right away as they're reading. =)

Eh, I'm not any good at this stuff myself, but I have been looking for a good beta. XO Basher, next time you're on MSN, I might call on ya. XD

10. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

*raises hand* I'd love to help out with the writing portion of boards. I feel alittle useless here sometimes..So doing this wouldn't be an issue. =P

11. Alchemy_Dude

Amen. I'm not a particularly avid anime watcher or manga reader, so just about all I can do well here is rant on the psychology forums and write.

12. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I could help with anything you want me to edit. Just PM or e-mail me about it. This will be my first time though :p but I don't care if it is. I'm pretty good anyway ^_^

13. Basher

Cool. We have a good group.

You can email me any just remember to put in your BJP name. I'll try and get it done asap.

I made a forum part of free.boards.jp to answer the problem of never being on when others are. Anyone is welcome to join. I think it would be easier so you can "talk." Link is in my sig.

So Alchemy_Dude I finished chapter 1. I plan on PMing you soon with it. I want to work on chapter 2.

I kind of like betas.

Seishin if you could put it in a format where we can either Quote or highlight it would be way easier.

14. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

You've got another helper. even editors need editors.