Music Evanescence Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jaken, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Evanescence, tourniquet Question - Or just Evanescence in General o_o

Ok, Naomi-Chan showed me this really creepy thing in the song Tourniquet. Around two minutes into the song, it sounds like the lead singer stops singing and there are some weird wisper type noises in the backgrund. It really is the girl singer from evanescece singing in a crepy scratcy voice(it may not even be her, not sure). But toward the end of it all she cries "I LONG TO DIE". Naomi is not sure what it means and neither do i. sooooo comes the question. . . . . . .

does anyone know what the lead singer is saying before she screams "I LONG TO DIE"? :confused:

Listen close and you can hear it!

2. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

"return to me salvation"

and, "I LONG TO DIE" is pretty self-explanitory....

3. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i dont have the cd so i havent paid close attention to the words, but it something like annovachan said.

whats creepy about it, anyways?

4. Novus

Novus Gone

That whole song's kind of prerequisitely-depressing, so it's probably something about desire for suicide.

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Annovachan: Its inbetween both of those. The singer goes, "my heart my turniquet return to me salvation" then there is a guitar solo and its stops and there is drums and guitar and thats when she says it. I dont know what verse tho, about two minutes into the song.

And quick note: if you download it on Kazaa its easier to hear, dont ask me why, cuz i have it on the CD and on my computer and you can tell better on the downloaded one. ::shrugs::

6. + annovachan +

oh.
    oh then.
    sorry.
    on the cd she says something, but it sounds like shes gagging on water.

sorry.

7. Novus

Novus Gone

Isn't it "My God, my tourniquet"? Later in the song, she shouts "Christ! Tourniquet!" and something else. And Evanescence was a Christian band before ...

8. + annovachan +

they arent christian.

9. Novus

Novus Gone

Oy vey. Ben Moody, the band's bass player, through a fit when he found out that Fallen had premiered #1 on Billboard's Christian charts, saying that their new music wasn't Christian. They have references to God and Jesus everywhere, more so in their old stuff. Go and listen to some of their songs, then we'll talk.
    Next you gonna tell me that Creed and P.O.D. aren't Christian either?

10. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

oops my bad yeah it is "My God, my turniquet". :rolleyes:
    But about them being Christain. . . maybe but the song turniquet. its saying that god is her turniqet. Turniquet meaning like the things that cut your surculation of blood off. So she is kinda saying god hurts her . . . .. . . or She does not like him. . . or somthing. . . .or makes her numb >.> :rolleyes:

Creed and POD yeah they are. Payable on death = POD

11. Novus

Novus Gone

A tourniquet is basically a makeshift pressure bandage, to stop a wound from bleeding excessively by stopping blood from reaching it. Lee is basically saying that she's in such bad shape that she needs God to stop her from bleeding, in a metaphorical sense.

12. + annovachan +

ugh, i, argh.
    alright.
    i know they were a Christian band. i knew that. i meant that the new album wasnt the same as their older stuff.

just....yeah.

13. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

they have other albums? i thought fallen was their debute...

and a band can sing about god and jesus all they want and still not be christian

singing about heroin didn't make metallica a junkie band

14. Novus

Novus Gone

Fallen was their big mainstream debut. You don't often hear a lot of Christian bands on the radio until they get some big mainstream appeal. Hence the popularity of Creed and P.O.D., as both attracted a non-Christian audience. My favourite of Evanescence's songs actually comes from their older works, that being Where Will You Go. I have no idea what any of the older albums are called, and the website is no help (it insists that Fallen is the debut). If I didn't know better, I'd say Lee and Moody are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

15. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Yeah i agree, there are alot of bands that sing about god even metal bands but they are not considered Christian Rock. For example a group Disturbed sings Liberate which is about the Misia. (i dont know if i spelled that right) I dont think evanescence should be considered Christian Rock.

They were interveiwed by a music channel and they called them selves Goth Rock. . . .but i dont think that is so either. . . . they are defenetly not that, they them selves may be gothic but not there music, same goes with them being christian.

16. Novus

Novus Gone

You can be Christian and still play metal. Just because all most metal bands seem to be able to comprehend is yelling about wanting to kill stuff and burn things doesn't mean that everyone's like that.
    I agree on the idea of singing about God and all that not making you Christian, especially considering how many religions believe in one definitive God. Of course, then you have bands like U2, who say stuff about God and Jesus from time to time, but are obviously not a Christian band.
    Nevertheless, I must maintain that Evanescence began as a Christian band, whether or not they are one now.

17. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Evanescence has another older album?? I thought that was their first one!!!

And I sure did wasted my money on their casset -thank God I didn't buy the CD :p. I thought that this guy who was singing with them "Bring me to life" was with them, so I was dissapointed, I am not that kind of person who likes to hear women singing, but I guess I got used to her. I think I even started to like them..

18. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

they have more material?:eek:

and back to the subject, before the words "i long to die" she says "uuuuuuuu":p and before that, "return to me salvation"

thats it:D

19. Novus

Novus Gone

Yeah, go and hear Fields of Innocence or Where Will You Go, for example.
    And to Zanza, that's the guy from the band 12 Stones. Not a big fan, myself.

20. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

:eek: :eek: :eek:

i searched and dowloaded a bunch of songs, good songs,

missing
    where will you go
    forgive me...

whats this? i thought fallen was the was their only album...i have to get the other one...theres nothing in their website about this..:eek: :eek: :eek: