Music Evanescence Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jaken, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Yes, that is the question. ^_~ But atleast now i know that some people know what i am talking about. . . so now i dont sound crazy. . ^^;;

And i tried to attach the file, but it is too large. It is 3.13MB and the limit is 2MB. I am not sure if i can upload it to angelfire, but i will try. . :anime: and give you the link. . .

2. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

ok, obviosly you havent read the first post, so im gonna quote it:

see? :anger2:

3. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

WELL WHOEVER POSTED THAT WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LISTEN TO THAT SONG EVERY NIGHT I KNOW EVERY WORD TO IT!!!!!!!AMY LEE(leade singer)SAYS "I WANT TO DIE"OK NOW JUST FACE IT YOUR WRONG AND I AM RIGHT OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

No i am sorry. . You are the one who seems to be wronge. If you were not so ignorant, you would understand what i am pointing out, you rufuse to listen.

I will lay it all out on the table for you. . . .

As i have said before the song Tourniquet, the one that i am talking about, is not the song on the album. It seems to be an unreleased or prototype song, that you are able to get or download on Kazaa, i and Chejo have done so. And on this unreleased song, it is Different than the one on the album.

Midway into the song on the Normal album song, it starts into a guitar soloish thing and she goes "ahhhhh" and then says "i long to die"

but on this unreleased verison, found on kazza, she is saying something strange in a synthasized voice. Then afterwards she says i long to die just like in the normal version. So the question is "What is she saying Before 'I long to die' in this version of the song?"

You may know every word to the song, on their Falling CD, but not the song that i asked about. So, if you choose to call me wronge be my guest. Just next time. . . get your facts straight before you make such a inacurate comment.

5. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

she is saying "i want to die", but it is being played backwards.. that's the funny sound you're hearing.

it's a trick bad bands use to look cool and deep

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Oi.. do you argue with people like this in real life? Even if you do I won't tolerate you acting like this in the forum I moderate! If you act like this again you will be banned. Now for the song, you can easily make out the "I long to die" or "want to die" or whatever it is, but I don't think it is possible to tell what the rest of that section says. Unless of course you approached the band and asked them..

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

thanks for answering my question. Thats pretty cool.

And ladydeath, if that was truely what you were trying to tell us all this time, why didnt you just come out and say that to begin with?

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I long for the inanity to stop. Or is it I want the inanity to stop?

Opinion follows. Yay! Another band that sells a ton because they have depressing lyrics so everyone thinks the band knows just how they feel. beh.

And her voice totally annoyed me on Bring me to Life. High and strained and neverending. ya yaa ya ya yaaa yaaaaaa (loud and too high). please save me.

But! since I haven't heard any of their other songs, her voice could be a lot better. Stranger things have happened.

So, someone tell this cynic why I should care about this band. Make your case! I can't shoot it down cause I know nothing about the band but some of their lyrics and a single music video that may not be representative of their good stuff.

9. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

they're a bad band, but she has a good voice. some of their slower songs are ok because the band doesn't get a chance to butcher the music and it lets her voice shine.

'hello' is a good song by evanescence

10. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Even though i do not believe that they are a bad band, i do agree that amy lee does have a great and voice, and that the band does not, fit her. She could have chosen better. . . i really do like the band and music overall. They are one of my favorite bands. The thing with the depresing lirics as some may think, are truely how she overcame these things, and not how she wants to kill herself becuase of these bad things that have happened. But i do see where you are comming from, becuase i also hate it when people lie just to sound cool saying that it is their life story. and yata yata yata

I do think that their older music and unreleased songs are better that some of there current songs. So if you truely did want to listen to some of their better stuff, i sugest the older ones or unreleased songs.

If you want to hear her voice to see how Amy Lee sings i suggest My Immortal, that song is just her singing and a piano playing.

I like them and i dont give squat what people think. . . ^-^ I like them mainly becuase they are a differnet form of Rock music i guess. . . I think it is a sumwhat original form of music. . . But thats just me i guess. . .

11. Novus

Novus Gone

First off, do deal with MamiyaOtaru:
    A reason why Evanescence is good? How about because they're one of the very few rock acts out there that doesn't want to be Linkin Park or Blink 182? How about because they're about the only rock band with a female singer that isn't just *****ing about their boyfriend or some crap like that? How about because unlike other bands these days they use piano effectively? Just some ideas there.

Now, Mordeth:
    You should be informed that Ben Moody left the band, so one of your butchers is gone.

Okay, Jaken:
    Lee didn't actually overcome half the stuff she sings about. Something like half of the band's songs were written by Moody, and he's gone on record in the past saying that he doesn't write from personal experience. My Immortal was just something he wrote out of nowhere, according to an interview I saw.

Seriously, though, there's little worse than someone *****ing about their problems in their music. Everyone has problems, but we can't all get multi-million dollar recording contracts out of them. Evanescence isn't really *****ing, though. They're more of an expression of emotion than a weak reaction to it.

12. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

moody left? :sad:

crap, lets see how the next album turns out, but my hopes are not to high...

is just hope they dont start commercial crap like: "justin timberlake and amy lee sings toguether" argh :anger2:

13. Novus

Novus Gone

Apparently, he won't even talk to the other band members any more either.
    I can't see Lee and a hack like Timberfake ever doing anything together. Their genres are too different. But then again, I would have said the same thing about POD and Santana ...

14. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Hey, don't knock Timberface! He makes a lot of money!

15. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I believe Novus wins the prize for "True fan"!

Amy doesnt have to sink as low as Justin Timbertwink to keep her fans.

As for moody leaving my hopes werent to high either. . . Bands break up and then you never her of them again. . .its sad. . . :sad:

16. Novus

Novus Gone

Ben Moody. The original guitarist of the band. He quit.

17. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

ooooooohhhhh sorry........i forgot......Dumb blonde hair.....yeah it sucks not haveing him in the band any more he was really kewl

18. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

They had a cd in 1994 too. I think the name might have been scorn.

19. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

no the name was Origin....had some really good songs on it too

20. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now