Music Evanescence Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jaken, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Ehn, the video was so-so. It conveyed more or less the same ideas I got from listening to the song, but it seemed to be lacking something. I did like the parts where Lee was wearing the dark hooded sweater, mostly because I have a picture of Aaron Lewis (from Staind) where he looks very similar.
    By the by, for us Canucks, Evanescence is doing a show this summer in T.O., but I can't remember when or where.

2. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

They are doing a second show out where i live, as well. In Michigan, the city that it will be held in is Clarkston. (the first one was a disaster, it was so hot and humid that people were fainting all over the place and leaving cuz they couldnt stand the heat.) I wasnt there. . . but thats why i bought tickets for this up and coming one. ^___^

3. ShatteredWings

ShatteredWings New Member

(i know this is from the first page but i was scanning... @.@)
    Evenessence can be considered Christian, but you have to really understand what they are singing. Bring me to life, i think it is, has some reference to God. But it could or could not be related to christianity beleifs. So in a way...anything is possible to this matter.

4. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Well, you could take it that way. But they are not a christian band, esspecially if they say they are not. You are only a christain band if they admitt to it, or you direcly deticate your work to god. If you notice, many bands may refer to god in their lyrics but are not considered christian. This is the case with Evanescence. Also in many of their interviews they have denied being a christian band. Amy lee said something to the effect that "people get the hellbent idea that we are a christian band" or something like that e_e;;

The only christain-band-ish part of um is the drummer who, before Evanescence, was a drummer for a christain band.

I think that kind of somes it up. . . .^___^

5. ShatteredWings

It all depends on your point of veiw :dizzy2:

6. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Yeah your right . . . erm i was just getting to that . . . e.e; XP

I also have this thing against christian bands, so it would be against all that i am for to like one. But despite that, I personally just dont think they are a christian band.

SW: The poem!! Eep my favorite one^_^

7. ShatteredWings

Why do you have a thing against christian bands? They are just showing that they worship God..I listened to chirstian music awhle back...ever heard of Delirious? Heh...I lost that CD xD

8. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I absolutely love Evanescence, in fact they're probably one of my favorite bands of all time. The song My Immortal is heartwrenching and can sometimes almost reduce me to tears, and I love the lyrics to the song Hello. And while I'm not by any means Christian, for some odd reason I love the song Torniquet. Go figure.

9. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

No i havnt heard of em. This is going off topic. But i will answer your question anyways. I dont like the meaning of it. I realize that people like god, or love god. I am catholic. I am not asshamed or anything. I just think Christians need to settle down abit. You know? They seem to invade everthing. "We love god, Christianity is right. Lets convert you." I think Christians tend to be too pushy. Do they have to invade the music industry as well? Brain wash~~ or its like they are attemping it. I know that sounds terrible. But thats what i think. Thats the main reason. But i also dont like christian Pop music. I dont like listening to it and always speach against it. If i were to like Evanescence, which i do, i would be a hipocrite. But they're not a christian band so i have no worries. I tend to think of them as more of a goth rock or Dark rock.

10. Dante

Dante New Member

Well, I figured I'd just comment on this on what I've heard...

Of note, I just pulled this from a site:

. Evanescence Set Pulled From Christian Distribution
    . Provident Music Distribution, the Christian distribution arm of
    . Zomba, says it will no longer handle Wind-Up Records act Evanescence
    . for the Christian retail market, Billboard Bulletin reports. The move
    . follows published reports in which the band used profanity and made
    . clear that it does not want to be known as a Christian act.
    . Don Noes, senior VP of Provident -- which had been distributing
    . Evanescence's debut album, "Fallen" -- has issued a letter to its
    . accounts saying Wind-Up has recalled the band's product from
    . Christian retail. Noes tells accounts they can return Evanescence
    . product for full credit.
    . Evanescence member Ben Moody was quoted recently in Entertainment
    . Weekly as saying, "We're actually high on the Christian charts, and
    . I'm like, What the f*** are we even doing there?"
    . "Fallen" is No. 1 on this week's Top Contemporary Christian Albums
    . chart and No. 9 on The Billboard 200, while the single "Bring Me To
    . Life" featuring Paul McCoy is No. 2 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks
    . airplay chart. Material by Evanescence will be removed from
    . subsequent Christian charts.
    . In a letter to Provident, Wind-Up chairman/CEO Alan Meltzer
    . apologizes for "an unfortunate and embarrassing situation" and vows
    . that in the future, the label will scrutinize "Christian artists'
    . beliefs and commitment with even greater diligence."
    . - Deborah Evans Price, Nashville

Conveniently enough, Ben Moody has left the band... about that:
    http://www.mtv.com/bands/e/evanescence/news_feature_040227/

I'm not saying anything... draw your own conclusions. ;)

11. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Those facts are kind of argumental they go either way. :anime: But from what i can tell from it is that, evanescence is not nor wants to be a christian band. But certain some of the christian public has excepted them to be so. Or interperated their music to be christain. Thats my take on the info. Which is pretty much what i thought before.

12. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Evanescence Concert

Well last night in Carkston, Michigan Evanescence performed! The concert kicked @ss!! The best concert I have ever gone to! They did two cover songs, a remdition of a Korn song, I dont remember what its called though and another that i didnt recodnize. Seether, Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin performed as warm up bands. Seether did Broken with Amy ^__^ I love that song. And Amy was as Hot as ever!

Has anyone else seen them this summer or plan to?

13. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Evanescence

Um.. no..? I'm a fan of Evanescence, and I agree to the fact that they are Dark Rock. Well they seem it to me, personally. Only one of their songs is Gothic Rock, apparently; "Anywhere", and another gothic song "Understanding". I like that song. But I love "Hello". The line that scares me to death :confused: but also that strangely enough I love to bits is the part she sings "Has no-one told you she's not breathing?..." I love that line, wonder why. That song and some others have actually made me cry. I like Taking Over Me, Whisper, Field Of Innocence, etc. Okay that was random, ah well.
    October is a rather serene piece of work :anime: So nice.. Surrender - also one of my faves, and umm, I have a question...
    Does anyone know the lyrics to Restless or if it's even by Evanescence.. :confused: Kazaa might be lying, as it has. Oneday I ended up with an Aerosmith song, but I forget what I was actually looking for.
    Tourniquet... where do I start...? I downloaded two different versions of this on Kazaa. One may have been the album version, not sure, but they were both different. One seemed more bass and the other more controlled...? I lost one and I was really bummed bout that. Hmph, no fair.. Anyways... :p It's creepy, but with my gothic past I'm known for loving morbid things :sad: wait, no scratch that sad face :D I'm proud.
    Well yeah, another long post for me. Don't take anything you may disagree here personally... Please..? Thanks :anime:

--Beauty :catgirl:

14. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

There is more than one version of Tourniquet. On Kaaza you may be downloading demo versions, or versions of the song they decided not to use on the album. People that use kaaza sometimes to lable artists wrong, i downloaded a song called Liquid Blue and it was all Trance/Dance Club -ish. And turned out not to be evanescence.

As for the song Restless, I'm not familiar with that song, i dont think i have ever heard of it before and have all there music. But i could be wronge.

15. zerachiel

zerachiel New Member

I personally think that Fallen is junk compared to their earlier music, with songs like "Further Away," "You," "Where Will You Go," "Anywhere," "The Last Day," "The End," "Ascencion of the Spirit," "October," "Even In Death," and "Eternal," my favorite instrumental song, which features the sounds of a rainstorm with thunder and lightning. ^^; While I enjoyed "Haunted," "Imaginary," "Hello," and "My Last Breath" especially, I just feel that some of the meaning on Fallen was lost in the commercialization, while Origin and their other works were more deep/personal.

Also, Evanescence did a very good cover of Korn's "Thoughtless," track number 6 on Untouchables, at their 'Rock In Rio 2004' concert located in Spain.

*edit* And Beauty, the song in question is by a group named "Within Temptation." Artists take advantage of Kazaa, strategically placing the names of well-known icon groups in tags in their song filenames, or even rename them to emulate those groups, in hopes of gaining popularity for themselves. Another example of this would be the group Spiritfall, who have a song called "My Reason," which until I found out otherwise, sounded exactly like a Linkin Park song.

16. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I've heard that Evanescence has started a new CD recently. This will be their third Album after Orgin and Fallen. Supposidly they are about half way finished with it. They have not released any other information to my knowledge, such as release dates, songs, or CD title. But I thought I would tell everyone to keep an eye out!

17. _ukyo_

_ukyo_ New Member

uh

i duno but evanecence is okay i saw them in concert!!! ^^ i really only went for three days grace thou...neways they were still good

18. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

They are...nice. I like Lacuna Coil better though ( I heart "Our Truth")

19. Landia_x3

Landia_x3 New Member

I really heart one of their older songs. Missing. Yeah. That's just an awesome song & so is Where will you go. Im gonna hafta learn that some time xD